Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

VR Crypt of Hearts - fun but has ZERO loot of value - so this is what we get the next 6 weeks?

Axer
Axer
✭✭✭✭
So yea 4 runs in, asked friends who did 3 runs. It's a fun dungeon, has some ok mechanics and moderate challenge.

Yet loot? ZERO BoP drops.

Had some of the usuall HORRIBLE vendor trash garbage named items no one would EVER consider equipping.

But thats it.

Even went back and ran some of the old VR dungeons. Zero BoP items. (this part was just bad luck, the old ones are still dropping the same BoP stuff after another run)

So either its some kinda cruel joke, severely bugged loot table, or ZO is just pretty much asking us to quit the game due to lack of anything to do at endgame.

I mean I guess it has a few achievemetns to farm.. woot. (One of which already seems bugged - did the new undaunted crypt of hears achieve as instructed. did not pop).

I mean maybe were just mega unlucky. I dunno. Either way, this games loot design is plain horrible, worst of any mmo i've played in a long time.
Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Meuh
    Meuh
    ✭✭
    Agree. VR10 dungeons have tons of various set, and the only one vr12 dungeon doesn't have at least 1 set to farm, making it pretty useless.
    And about mechanics, there is no mechanics, only a fake difficulty with tons of adds and healers.
    Played once, achieved at 1st try, will never play it again.

"See the next chapter of the dungeon’s story and earn some great loot—if you can survive." ROFL

GJ
    Edited by Meuh on June 25, 2014 11:44PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cant expect them to push real content out when all their coders are coding for the upcoming f2p systems.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this dungeon was meant to drop VR12 versions of some of the current VR10 only sets, this was a lie?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ygaer
    Ygaer
    I've gotten several vr12 set pieces from it. It is certainly possible.
    Ygaer Meister - AD
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten green veteran set pieces of air, fire and martial knowledge. However these are nothing like the worm cult one you found in vet5 and vet 10. I was hoping for some new purple BoP gear, but it seems they do not exist in this dungeon. What a bummer...
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I thought this dungeon was meant to drop VR12 versions of some of the current VR10 only sets, this was a lie?

Aye. Has zero loot of value.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ygaer wrote: »

Worthless junk green set pieces that drop in craglorn anyways? perhaps.

Anything of the useful, purple BoP set bonus stuff we saw in earlier VR dungeons? No.
  • Fuzzylumpkins
    Fuzzylumpkins
    ✭✭✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    Ygaer wrote: »

Worthless junk green set pieces that drop in craglorn anyways? perhaps.

Anything of the useful, purple BoP set bonus stuff we saw in earlier VR dungeons? No.

The early bop epics made for mat availability. Now by making it all greens they are trying to force an economy upswing by forcing players hand at upgrading the gear and giving a false sense of value to those mats.

Another mistake in an endless sea of them.
    Edited by Fuzzylumpkins on June 27, 2014 1:28PM
  • ARtChi
    ARtChi
    ✭✭✭
    What do you complain about ?

At least there is no frustrating BoP items
  • apterous
    apterous
    ✭✭✭
    whining about loot, go find a crafter.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    apterous wrote: »
    whining about loot, go find a crafter.

Near everyone in my guild wears the same, legendary crafted sets. Tons have every crafting type maxed out.

It's quite bland and boring.

Crafting in this game is insanely easy to max out. Thus we are all become cookie cutter.

The VR dungeon loot and trials loot takes some serious effort to acquire.

The reward should match the investment.

I get they want crafted to be the best, but its stupidly easy to level and craft the maximum possible best gear, thus it's unbalanced and unfun.
    Edited by Axer on July 2, 2014 7:43PM
  • ARtChi
    ARtChi
    ✭✭✭
    How can craft being available for every body can be unbalanced ? Best gear reserved to a few number of people able to do trials and HL dungeon would be more balanced according to you ? I don't get it...

I agree that PvE is not rewarding enough, but asking for those stupid BoP items in dungeon... I rather have no loots at all.
    Edited by ARtChi on July 3, 2014 8:43AM
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    ARtChi wrote: »
    How can craft being available for every body can be unbalanced ? Best gear reserved to a few number of people able to do trials and HL dungeon would be more balanced according to you ? I don't get it...

I agree that PvE is not rewarding enough, but asking for those stupid BoP items in dungeon... I rather have no loots at all.

By that logic, why isn't level1 white gear the best in the game?

I mean why should people have to get to level 2 to get the best gear? Thats not fair at all.

Travesty really. You have to level up so much in this game to the get the better gear? UNFAIR!

Yes, the harder gear is to get, the better it should be.

I'd be 100% perfectly fine with crafted gear being the best, if crafted was the most difficult to acquire. It plain and simply isn't.

They could expand crafting to add a ton more levels, and require very rare ingredients that only drop from the trials/dungeons, then I'd get it.

As it is now, where I can as 1 individual equip 50+ players with max crafted gear by simply sending out a few tells asking for it to be done (If I offer the craft materials to my guildies they also just says "nah i got tons" because its stupidly easy to get that stuff)? WAY TOO EASY.

Too easy = boring, people have nothing to do at endgame, people quit the game. Its not good design. I mean I've been sitting on the best possible gear for closing in on 2 months now... Pretty boring. I also have every trial set - that was a recent thing that took an insane amount of effort (also every single piece sits in my bank, as they all suck for my character).
    Edited by Axer on July 3, 2014 2:23PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we'll take a look and will let you know if this is working as intended or not.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, we'll take a look and will let you know if this is working as intended or not.

Thanks.

I can't see it being intended, the dungeon is hard enough that if you even attempt to do it without gear far better then anything that can drop in there, you'd have very little chance at success.
  • galiumb16_ESO
    galiumb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The RNG loot system in this game is horrible anyways, I have long since given up doing dungeons for the drops. Not sure why game after game has to make the same RNG mistakes.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've completed Crypt of Hearts a few times. I only wanted to go once, but I have some achievement-obsessed friends ;) Nobody has received a single drop that any player able to complete this dungeon might conceivably use. The loot is nothing but deconstruction-fodder.

The quest reward for your first completion is especially telling -- a blue, VR 10 necklace. How many players who can complete this dungeon will wear a blue, VR 10 necklace? Any?

Itemization is, in general, one of TESO's biggest weaknesses. I love that crafting provides fantastic gear. I hate that nothing else does.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tons of people may have their crafting levels "maxed out" but tons of people DO NOT have full 8 trait sets ready to craft.. that's some hipppy dippy bologna
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty sure its intended. Even the trial gear isn't all that good. The aether set is only better than crafted if you are the only person in a group with it.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »
    Tons of people may have their crafting levels "maxed out" but tons of people DO NOT have full 8 trait sets ready to craft.. that's some hipppy dippy bologna

Got that right..its 25 days to get the 8th trait in "one" piece of gear and that after you took the how many days to lvl up 1 through 7. So that likes what 250 days just for all lvl 8 traits in one line of gear not including 1 through 7 traits. i guess you could do 3 at a time if you planed it properly but then that would mean not doing anything else but 3 items of gear 25 days plus 1 through 7 .
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaer426 wrote: »

The main bologna here is that ALL of the 8 trait sets are horrible garbage. The best ones in the game only require 3-6 traits. Most notable unarguably the best in the game atm is Magnus - 4 traits (+magicka is unbeatable in such an massively unbalanced game where class skills/destro staff deal the most damage, and 5% free spells is pretty good too). (While the 8 trait set that has +magicka, has a garbage 5 piece bonus)

Also no "ONE' requires 8 traits. You can do it as a group of people, and many have that want that garbage. Between my small guild of only around 40 active players, we can do every 8 trait item atm, if you want that junk, free of charge.
    Edited by Axer on July 4, 2014 12:49PM