Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

When will they nerf DK again for PVP?

• Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As leveling a nb alt through pve and pvp, Ive found DKs are not op to kill, you just cant button mash on them. I see a DK, I wait for his shields to go down while kiting, then strike. Roll out of banner etc. Seems pretty simple to beat dks imo. So quit crying for nerfs.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You all are truly clueless about what is an overpowered skill if the forums were up in arms about Bolt Escape but not about DK's Reflective Scale. My guess is that in a couple of weeks time, when literally every DK is spamming Reflective Scale, we will finally see the mass of multiple topics needed to get the devs attention about this glaring imbalance.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • andreas.rudroffb16_ESO
    next patchnotes:

Change to Dragonknight:

The class Dragonknight will be reverted to the new class "Firestick"
    new racials: light candles in main citys
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    You all are truly clueless about what is an overpowered skill if the forums were up in arms about Bolt Escape but not about DK's Reflective Scale. My guess is that in a couple of weeks time, when literally every DK is spamming Reflective Scale, we will finally see the mass of multiple topics needed to get the devs attention about this glaring imbalance.

After going to a couple of streams asking people there thoughts on reflective scale they said it doesn't need a nerf. (Coming from most ER guys) none of them were dks besides one.
    Do you know how many times people have died from nbs? The burst is insane. I should start a thread asking how to counter there burst. Or templar heals or sorcerer damage shields. For god *** sakes put absorb magic on your bar so your reflected attacks heal you.
    And those of you say only dks complained about bolt, that's 100% bs. That skill needed a nerf, being able to escape death is just bs. When it's time for me to die it's time for me to die.
    You are tearing this game apart simply because you cry about whatever kills you.
    I really hope zos doesn't listen to your complete bull ***.
    Edited by SRIBES on July 1, 2014 8:36PM
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AsweetRoll wrote: »

After going to a couple of streams asking people there thoughts on reflective scale they said it doesn't need a nerf. (Coming from most ER guys) none of them were dks besides one.
    Do you know how many times people have died from nbs? The burst is insane. I should start a thread asking how to counter there burst. Or templar heals or sorcerer damage shields. For god *** sakes put absorb magic on your bar so your reflected attacks heal you.
    And those of you say only dks complained about bolt, that's 100% bs. That skill needed a nerf, being able to escape death is just bs. When it's time for me to die it's time for me to die.
    You are tearing this game apart simply because you cry about whatever kills you.

You seem so angry. Why do you keep reading this thread? Didn't you say you were done a few times now?

I use the hell out of absorb magic but the thing about that skill is it only works on ONE projectile. Funny you say 'being able to escape death' is why Bolt Escape needed a nerf when that is the exact reason why Reflective Scale needs a nerf.

Also funny you mention Sorc damage shield considering comparing Conjured Ward to Obsidian Shield is pretty laughable. Conjured Ward is for only yourself and your pet and you need to spend a morph point on it to get it up to 33% additional shield on yourself. Obsidian Shield is for all surrounding allies and unmorphed it is 100% additional shield on self. They cost practically the same amount of magicka and also shield the same exact amount not considering Sorc needs to morph for 33% extra while DK gets 100% extra unmorphed.

I'm glad to hear you asked some random people about a skill. That in no way makes your opinion more valid than mine.

I'm literally laughing out loud at you saying I'm tearing the game apart just because I think Reflective Scale is OP. You really really don't want to lose your over powered ability, do you?
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I can say now is that I hope Zos doesn't listen to this thread or you that whine about everything that kills you. Catch the caster off guard for god sakes. You make it seem like all you do is sit around and spam projectiles, if that's the case gtfo.
    Edited by SRIBES on July 2, 2014 1:42AM
    Options
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    When will they buff them for PVE?
    Options
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH, seems like every topic is NERF DK's, I for one am a dw - DK, right now I think all classes are pretty close to balance for the most part. if they are gonna do any changes to any classes. it should be towards the magic based classes. Sorc's in general. they still hit like trucks, but a good pvp player will find a better set up. I know I did, and I still struggle at times. isn't that the point of the game, not to just yell NERF DK's cuz u got ur ass rolled????
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    isn't that the point of the game, not to just yell NERF DK's cuz u got ur ass rolled????

Agree 100% with this post
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    isn't that the point of the game, not to just yell NERF DK's cuz u got ur ass rolled????

Agree 100% with this post because I'm desperate to keep my OP ability.

Fixed that for you
    Options
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    TBH, seems like every topic is NERF DK's, I for one am a dw - DK, right now I think all classes are pretty close to balance for the most part. if they are gonna do any changes to any classes. it should be towards the magic based classes. Sorc's in general. they still hit like trucks, but a good pvp player will find a better set up. I know I did, and I still struggle at times. isn't that the point of the game, not to just yell NERF DK's cuz u got ur ass rolled????

SORC can hit like trucks as you said, but since you target him, and stuck (chains and so on), you kill a SORC in seconds.

DK is still a lil OP, but not that much, like many people said. (I have a DK as well), but ZoS don't need to nerf, just adjust and make competitive for other classes, and it's not about only nerf, its about review skills lines, stamina/magicka as well, full work-around.

NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
    Options
  • Snowballer23
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eiusig1zOlY

I'm was thinking resuming leveling mine up and was just wondering if they had any plans to to nerf some of these OP abilities in PVP? Reflective Scale + Syrabane Set, Battle Roar passives, Green Dragon Blood.

Does anyone else better at PVP than I am think any other classes would survive that initial attack by 6-7 people all in veteran ranks?

L2P pls thx
    Options
  • dafraorb16_ESO
    dafraorb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares?Between few days dk only will play this awesomeness game lmao
    Options
  • Eylith
    Eylith
    ✭✭✭
    Those who want a DK nerf should really try to roll a DK.
    "Discuter avec un troll, c’est comme essayer de jouer aux échecs avec un pigeon. Tu as beau être très fort aux échecs, il arrive, renverse les pièces, chie sur l’échiquier et s’en va avec l’air supérieur comme s’il avait gagné." - Anonyme

Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm was thinking resuming leveling mine up and was just wondering if they had any plans to to nerf some of these OP abilities in PVP? Reflective Scale + Syrabane Set, Battle Roar passives, Green Dragon Blood.

Does anyone else better at PVP than I am think any other classes would survive that initial attack by 6-7 people all in veteran ranks?

L2P pls thx

Thank you for the useful advice. I do alright in pvp but I would like to get better. Problem is, I see no way as a caster sorc to counter a light armor wearing reflective scale DK. I even have curse slotted but it kills too slow when not stacked with other damage. Basically DK has a lot of tools to be a force in pvp and I think Reflective scales is just too much.
    Options
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    As leveling a nb alt through pve and pvp, Ive found DKs are not op to kill, you just cant button mash on them. I see a DK, I wait for his shields to go down while kiting, then strike. Roll out of banner etc. Seems pretty simple to beat dks imo. So quit crying for nerfs.

hahahah! this is funny. You make it sound like the DK is just standing there letting you kite him, and not chaining a shield charge into talons, for the unbreakable crowd control.

There is a reason why it takes 10 people to drop 1 DK who is sword and board. Ill let you fill in that blank.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
    Options
  • psufan5
    psufan5
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eylith wrote: »

I dont think anyone really has to. You dont see it taking 10 people to drop any other class in this game. 1v1, I have a chance against anyone but a DK. With a DK, it would take 5 people to have an easy fight, providing those 5 people stay away from the standard.

They are way OP, and the main issue is reflect, and how fast they can heal themselves.

Surgical Incision
    Former Emperor
    USPS4
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    psufan5 wrote: »

hahahah! this is funny. You make it sound like the DK is just standing there letting you kite him, and not chaining a shield charge into talons, for the unbreakable crowd control.

There is a reason why it takes 10 people to drop 1 DK who is sword and board. Ill let you fill in that blank.

Not sure why you think shield + talons is unbreakable CC? Most of the times people CC break and roll away for me.

It's happened to me that stacked CC effects sometime bug the CC break but that's nothing specific to DK. It can happen via many CC combos and again it's not guaranteed the bug will manifest. In any case you don;t nerf classes because of a bug, you fix the bug

As for taking 10 people to bring down a DK, just stop with your hyperboles. Even as a skilled DK you can go down to NB if he plays well. 3 people of similar level and skill will steam roll a DK.

EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • demenzia
    demenzia
    ✭✭✭

Agree with almost everything written here, apart from the bolt escape. I have vr12 DK and 48 lvl sorc, now I mostly play as a sorc both in pve and pvp. These are two different classes with two different roles, I don not expect my sorc to be able to kill a bunch of players solo, I hit from the distance and I run when I see it's time to run, while my DK always fights till the end. I can also confirm that damage from NBs is incredible, never less than 600, no matter what ability they use. My poor non veteran sorc has no chances against them when they ambush me, she is dead in 2 seconds. Never the case with DKs, maybe I can't kill them 1v1 atm, but at least I have a chance to try. However I do not moan that they should nerf NBs, because it's what their class for - strike fast and kill.

Edited by demenzia on July 2, 2014 1:58PM
    Options
  • Eylith
    Eylith
    ✭✭✭
    psufan5 wrote: »
    Eylith wrote: »

I dont think anyone really has to. You dont see it taking 10 people to drop any other class in this game. 1v1, I have a chance against anyone but a DK. With a DK, it would take 5 people to have an easy fight, providing those 5 people stay away from the standard.

They are way OP, and the main issue is reflect, and how fast they can heal themselves.

You're probably doing it wrong.

DK with the classic build shield/heal staff are mainly melee or short range. Kite it with the heavy armor skill and it's a free win. If you're taking your own spells, you're doing it wrong.
    Edited by Eylith on July 2, 2014 2:31PM
    "Discuter avec un troll, c’est comme essayer de jouer aux échecs avec un pigeon. Tu as beau être très fort aux échecs, il arrive, renverse les pièces, chie sur l’échiquier et s’en va avec l’air supérieur comme s’il avait gagné." - Anonyme

Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs have had enough tinkering for now. Time to bring Templars and NBs up to to their level, not the other way around.
    Options
  • monden1980b16_ESO
    monden1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Just on a side note: DK's Reflective Scale is again an example, how overpowered DK's are compared to other classes:

DK Reflective Scale (Dragonfire Scale): Reflects all projectiles with 20% damage increase

Templar Eclipse (Unstable Core): Has to be cast on a target, targets single target spells are reflected, deals damage to nearby enemies when effect ends.

Which one would you choose? I think it's quite obvious, which ability is better (DK: become immune against spell projectiles, Templar: immune against spell projectiles of *one* target)

DKs do not have any reasonable offensive ranged abilities, like Templar Javelin, Shards or Flare.
    If they do not have ability like Reflective Scale, they would be a free meal for any ranged character.

Javelin costs very much magicka (DK has Extended Chains and Stone Fist, which does about the same as javelin, plus DKs even have a ranged stun: Petrify)
    Shards and Flare... I'm still trying to make any good use out of these 2 abilities in PvP... actually I don't use them any more... one is ground targeted, the other one has a long cast time...

Both classes have access to gap closers in weapon lines (sword+board charge, 2hand, ...)

By ranged abilities I mean abilities with a range of 20m and above.
    Stone Fist is 10m only so it is more melee. Extended Chains is 22m, but is a close gapper which cannot be used to do damage from a range.

Javelin is 20m, Shards 25m and Flare 28m. See a difference? If a caster (e.g. Templar) is 20+ meteres from DK, and a DK does not have Reflective Scale - it is a free meal for the caster.

Sorry, but as a Templar I won't destroy you while you close a distance of - lets say - 18m... no matter how hard I try. Instead, you will destroy me once you are within 10m range...
    Options
  • Snowballer23

L2P pls thx

Thank you for the useful advice. I do alright in pvp but I would like to get better. Problem is, I see no way as a caster sorc to counter a light armor wearing reflective scale DK. I even have curse slotted but it kills too slow when not stacked with other damage. Basically DK has a lot of tools to be a force in pvp and I think Reflective scales is just too much.

U don't realize that scale consume a lot of magicka plus the magicka of the countered skill, if u use 2 skills and i use scale 2 times and reflect the 2 spells projectile i am often oom cause i consume magicka from dragon scales plus the skill u uesed against me.

Sorry for my bad english
    Edited by Snowballer23 on July 2, 2014 2:44PM
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    DKs have had enough tinkering for now. Time to bring Templars and NBs up to to their level, not the other way around.

It isn't an issue with what level of power a class has, though. It is an issue with the skill Reflective Scale. Let's please realize that a DK even without using Reflective Scale is doing quite well with lots of tools to excel. Reflective Scale itself is just in a whole other class compared to every other ability in the game. Would you agree or disagree with me that near 70% of all incoming damage in Cyrodiil are projectiles in non-zerg situations (when people are grouping like that or fighting groups they tend to stack AOE)? How is it balanced that DK can not only negate, but reflect 70% of all incoming damage for 4 seconds at a time with a spammable instant cast spell? It isn't in the same stratosphere of power compared to every other skill in the game.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

L2P pls thx

U don't realize that scale consume a lot of magicka plus the magicka of the countered skill, if u use 2 skills and i use scale 2 times and reflect the 2 spells projectile i am often oom cause i consume magicka from dragon scales plus the skill u uesed against me.

Sorry for my bad english

Did you watch the video in the original post? The guy used Reflective Scale 5 times over 30 seconds (the 30 second interval it takes him to kill 6 people) while also using many other magicka costing skills and he WAS NOT wearing syrabane set and he finished the fight with over 50% magicka. People say it costs a lot and people say it makes you instantly go out of magicka, but they are just words while that video proves fact.
    Edited by Erock25 on July 2, 2014 2:47PM
    Options
  • Eylith
    Eylith
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, light armor is OP, I agree with you @Erock25. But DK is not.
    Edited by Eylith on July 2, 2014 2:53PM

Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's my opinion, after seeing how things have gone for the last 3 months, that the PvE part of the game will soon become unplayable because of all the nerfs called for by PvP players. No more than 2 or 3 days go by without someone who got beatup in PvP, runs to the forums squealing "nerf this, nerf that, it's too OP." I never thought I'd say this but, people need to learn to play before calling for nerfs. Except for a few skills that really are broken, most of the things I see people complaining about can be countered with intellegent play. But it seems people would rather cry if they can't "win" by mashing 1 or 2 buttons. *sigh...* (rant over.)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's my opinion, after seeing how things have gone for the last 3 months, that the PvE part of the game will soon become unplayable because of all the nerfs called for by PvP players. No more than 2 or 3 days go by without someone who got beatup in PvP, runs to the forums squealing "nerf this, nerf that, it's too OP." I never thought I'd say this but, people need to learn to play before calling for nerfs. Except for a few skills that really are broken, most of the things I see people complaining about can be countered with intellegent play. But it seems people would rather cry if they can't "win" by mashing 1 or 2 buttons. *sigh...* (rant over.)

Please enlighten me to how a ranged caster build can counter a Reflective Scales DK with intelligent play?
    Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »

It isn't in the same stratosphere of power compared to every other skill in the game.

You can do the same thing with Defensive Posture. Why aren't you calling on ZOS to nerf it too?
    Edited by kewl on July 2, 2014 3:29PM
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they don't do anything for the benefit of PvPers that hurts PvE.

Options