The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

When will they nerf DK again for PVP?

• Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    Erock25 wrote: »
    DKs have had enough tinkering for now. Time to bring Templars and NBs up to to their level, not the other way around.

It isn't in the same stratosphere of power compared to every other skill in the game.

You can do the same thing with Defensive Posture. Why aren't you calling on ZOS to nerf it too?

Defensive posture is only for one projectile.... I would be fine if reflective scale was changed to only work on 1 projectile per cast.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's my opinion, after seeing how things have gone for the last 3 months, that the PvE part of the game will soon become unplayable because of all the nerfs called for by PvP players. No more than 2 or 3 days go by without someone who got beatup in PvP, runs to the forums squealing "nerf this, nerf that, it's too OP." I never thought I'd say this but, people need to learn to play before calling for nerfs. Except for a few skills that really are broken, most of the things I see people complaining about can be countered with intellegent play. But it seems people would rather cry if they can't "win" by mashing 1 or 2 buttons. *sigh...* (rant over.)

Please enlighten me to how a ranged caster build can counter a Reflective Scales DK with intelligent play?

Use your staff, use your conjoured pets, bring friends to help, figure it out by trying different things.

"We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs have had enough tinkering for now. Time to bring Templars and NBs up to to their level, not the other way around.

It isn't in the same stratosphere of power compared to every other skill in the game.

You can do the same thing with Defensive Posture. Why aren't you calling on ZOS to nerf it too?

Defensive posture is only for one projectile.... I would be fine if reflective scale was changed to only work on 1 projectile per cast.

Excellent suggestion! Perhaps you can abandon this thread and start another called, "Make Reflective Scales = Defensive Posture." We may get a more constructive debate.
    Options
  • demenzia
    demenzia
    ✭✭✭

That is actually a good idea. Even though I defend DKs and against further nerfing, I guess it would be fair. However I won't be surprised if people will moan over something else.
    Options
  • Eylith
    Eylith
    ✭✭✭
    Just delete the class already, complainers will make it unplayable anyway...
    "Discuter avec un troll, c’est comme essayer de jouer aux échecs avec un pigeon. Tu as beau être très fort aux échecs, il arrive, renverse les pièces, chie sur l’échiquier et s’en va avec l’air supérieur comme s’il avait gagné." - Anonyme

Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you can expect Reflective Scale to get the same treatment as Bolt Escape -- spamming it will result in unsustainable magicka costs.

It's not overpowered if it's used once in a while. It's goofy when you can string together 20 seconds of spell immunity combined with a fair degree of offense, just by hitting one key.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    I think you can expect Reflective Scale to get the same treatment as Bolt Escape -- spamming it will result in unsustainable magicka costs.

It's not overpowered if it's used once in a while. It's goofy when you can string together 20 seconds of spell immunity combined with a fair degree of offense, just by hitting one key.

They might and they might not. Bolt Escape was not really an essential PvE mechanic. It was helpful for solo questing but not really for group dungeon raiding. Reflective Scale is an essential PvE skill that group dungeon bosses seem to have been designed around.

For example Shada's Tears. When you tank Shada she throws a poison projectile every 2 secs (I get 2 reflections per cast of my Scales). That projectile does ~630hp dmg or let's say 300dps.

You cannot use Defensive Posture for this every two secs as your stamina will dry up 20 secs into a 20 minute fight. You also cannot out-heal a constant 300dps damage on top of the dmg the adds do. My group almost exclusively rely on me tanking her with Reflective Scale.

Same applies to that giant Dwemer Spider boss that summons the Spheres who use bolts all the time. If I can't taunt them and reflect I'm toast. Close gap (shield charge), taunt, move to the next. All the while using your magicka to keep the scales up.

So what I'm saying is, radically changing a tank mechanic like Reflective Scale will require a rethink of some of the bosses mechanics. But then ZOS have a history now of just making changes that make PvE a lot harder with no real consideration of the impact (CC break of VR mobs), so who knows
    Edited by Maulkin on July 2, 2014 4:45PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's my opinion, after seeing how things have gone for the last 3 months, that the PvE part of the game will soon become unplayable because of all the nerfs called for by PvP players. No more than 2 or 3 days go by without someone who got beatup in PvP, runs to the forums squealing "nerf this, nerf that, it's too OP." I never thought I'd say this but, people need to learn to play before calling for nerfs. Except for a few skills that really are broken, most of the things I see people complaining about can be countered with intellegent play. But it seems people would rather cry if they can't "win" by mashing 1 or 2 buttons. *sigh...* (rant over.)

Please enlighten me to how a ranged caster build can counter a Reflective Scales DK with intelligent play?

Use your staff, use your conjoured pets, bring friends to help, figure it out by trying different things.

Only lightning heavy attack and resto heavy attack are not reflected so 'use your staff' doesnt work. Pet's are garbage. Bring friends works sometimes but isn't that ridiculous to say that the reason Reflective Scales is not overpowered is because you can bring multiple people to fight a DK?

They might and they might not. Bolt Escape was not really an essential PvE mechanic. It was helpful for solo questing but not really for group dungeon raiding. Reflective Scale is an essential PvE skill that group dungeon bosses seem to have been designed around.

For example Shada's Tears. When you tank Shada she throws a poison projectile every 2 secs (I get 2 reflections per cast of my Scales). That projectile does ~630hp dmg or let's say 300dps.

You cannot use Defensive Posture for this every two secs as your stamina will dry up 20 secs into a 20 minute fight. You also cannot out-heal a constant 300dps damage on top of the dmg the adds do. My group almost exclusively rely on me tanking her with Reflective Scale.

Same applies to that giant Dwemer Spider boss that summons the Spheres who use bolts all the time. If I can't taunt them and reflect I'm toast. Close gap (shield charge), taunt, move to the next. All the while using your magicka to keep the scales up.

So what I'm saying is, radically changing a tank mechanic like Reflective Scale will require a rethink of some of the bosses mechanics. But then ZOS have a history now of just making changes that make PvE a lot harder with no real consideration of the impact (CC break of VR mobs), so who knows

What you typed up is extremely flawed because encounters aren't designed around needing a DK for a tank and therefore they can't be designed around a single DK skill.

By the way, I do like the idea the person you quoted had. If they don't change Reflective Scale to only reflect a single projectile, then they need to increase it's cost x2 if cast again within 12 seconds of activation.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • demenzia
    demenzia
    ✭✭✭
    They might and they might not. Bolt Escape was not really an essential PvE mechanic. It was helpful for solo questing but not really for group dungeon raiding.

It was useful for solo dungeon raiding though :D

youtube.com/watch?v=vS8PdiocgJQ
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What you typed up is extremely flawed because encounters aren't designed around needing a DK for a tank and therefore they can't be designed around a single DK skill.

By the way, I do like the idea the person you quoted had. If they don't change Reflective Scale to only reflect a single projectile, then they need to increase it's cost x2 if cast again within 12 seconds of activation.

They shouldn't be designed around DK tanks, I wholly agree, but they certainly seem to be. Have you done Shada's Tears without a DK tank? I would genuinely like to know, cause I think it'd be impossible.

The 2nd proposal is extremely over the top. BE got +50% cost for 4 secs, but Reflective scale should get +100% for 12 secs? Twice the BE increase for 3 times the time, are you an extremely biased Sorc by any chance?

Again, you don't know to what extent the sustain of the Scales is down to the Syrabane set. It's an expensive skill but there is a set out there that makes a very good ability almost self-sustained and that's too much.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They shouldn't be designed around DK tanks, I wholly agree, but they certainly seem to be. Have you done Shada's Tears without a DK tank? I would genuinely like to know, cause I think it'd be impossible.

The 2nd proposal is extremely over the top. BE got +50% cost for 4 secs, but Reflective scale should get +100% for 12 secs? Twice the BE increase for 3 times the time, are you an extremely biased Sorc by any chance?

Again, you don't know to what extent the sustain of the Scales is down to the Syrabane set. It's an expensive skill but there is a set out there that makes a very good ability almost self-sustained and that's too much.

I'm not sure who tanked what with Shada's Tears honestly.

The x2 was an error and I meant +50%. The 12 seconds is not over the top at all. You have to decide how much total time overall you think is fair to have full immunity from projectiles. With 12 seconds of time where the cast would be +50% magicka cost, you are looking at 33% of total time where a DK can have full projectile immunity without incurring any magicka penalties. 33% of the time sounds good to me and please remember you are still free to cast it at any time at +50% magicka. Remember if we were really putting this on a bolt escape level we would have to stop magicka regen for 4 seconds too.

I do know what extent the sustain of scales is without syrabane set. The video I've been mentioning has a DK cast it 5 times over 30 seconds (without syrabane set) and he also casts multiple Talons/Whips and ends those 30 seconds with +50% magicka. That seems like pretty damn good sustain to me without syrabane.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The x2 was an error and I meant +50%. The 12 seconds is not over the top at all. You have to decide how much total time overall you think is fair to have full immunity from projectiles. With 12 seconds of time where the cast would be +50% magicka cost, you are looking at 33% of total time where a DK can have full projectile immunity without incurring any magicka penalties. 33% of the time sounds good to me and please remember you are still free to cast it at any time at +50% magicka. Remember if we were really putting this on a bolt escape level we would have to stop magicka regen for 4 seconds too.

I do know what extent the sustain of scales is without syrabane set. The video I've been mentioning has a DK cast it 5 times over 30 seconds (without syrabane set) and he also casts multiple Talons/Whips and ends those 30 seconds with +50% magicka. That seems like pretty damn good sustain to me without syrabane.

There's a bit of double posting in 2 different threads but anyhow.

First of all he shouldn't have full projectile immunity. Whether it was supposed to reflect arrows I don't know. It might be a wrong tool-tip or a bug. Also I'm not sure if it reflects Crushing Shock. There definitely is no animation going the other way round, so I can't be sure till I test.

It definitely doesn't reflect Mage's Fury and Daedric Curse. I suppose you have to ask yourself if you'd slot an ability that allows you to reflect Crystal Fragments for 4 secs, if it was only offering coverage for 1/3 of a fight's duration.

Btw, I also play a vet Sorc and I know how BE works. The magicka regen only stops out of combat, not during combat ;)
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There's a bit of double posting in 2 different threads but anyhow.

First of all he shouldn't have full projectile immunity. Whether it was supposed to reflect arrows I don't know. It might be a wrong tool-tip or a bug. Also I'm not sure if it reflects Crushing Shock. There definitely is no animation going the other way round, so I can't be sure till I test.

It definitely doesn't reflect Mage's Fury and Daedric Curse. I suppose you have to ask yourself if you'd slot an ability that allows you to reflect Crystal Fragments for 4 secs, if it was only offering coverage for 1/3 of a fight's duration.

Btw, I also play a vet Sorc and I know how BE works. The magicka regen only stops out of combat, not during combat ;)

It does reflect Crushing Shock and I have seen Endless Fury reflected on myself (yes we are talking in two posts now). It is not *JUST* crystal frag. It is light attacks, heavy attacks, crushing shock, endless fury (many have said it doesn't but i've seen it on death recap .... is reflective scales buggy perhaps? my guess is it reflects the base dmg but if the DK is below 25% the execute extra dmg will still hit DK), and I'm going to assume many many other projectiles from other classes. Do you know if it reflects the mage guild spell entropy? Vel Curse is a pretty unique spell in that it is delayed so I can honestly believe the Scales reflects every ranged singe target spell out there.
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've told you how a bunch of times.. Fake crystal fragments cast, block it half way through so they waste magika casting it. When you do use crystal fragments make sure absorb magic is up. Streak through when they're off guard and use fragments for hard hitting attack, trying getting curse to go off at the same time.
    I know SuperMad keeps beating me and I use scales, he's a sorc you can PM him and ask him for his build then stop crying. Or even go to some sorc streams on twitch and ask how they beat scales. You need to learn how to play/learn your class.
    Edited by SRIBES on July 2, 2014 6:30PM
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AsweetRoll wrote: »

I've told you how a bunch of times.. Fake crystal fragments cast, block it half way through so they waste magika casting it. When you do use crystal fragments make sure absorb magic is up. Streak through when they're off guard and use fragments for hard hitting attack, trying getting curse to go off at the same time.
    I know SuperMad keeps beating me and I use scales, he's a sorc you can PM him and ask him for his build then stop crying. Or even go to some sorc streams on twitch and ask how they beat scales. You need to learn how to play/learn your class.

I didn't ask you because your ideas are flawed. I'm spending time fake casting a 1.3 second cast doesn't do anything for me. What are they going to do after that Reflective? Probably shield charge and whip and they'll be sure to reapply Reflective before it runs out leaving my only option to Curse and BE kite which won't get me anywhere.

You even put OP in the title of your build http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/oblivion-battlemage-pvp-pve-tankdps-op/ ... you just look silly continually sticking up for this skill.
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reflective Scale is an essential PvE skill that group dungeon bosses seem to have been designed around

I've seen NB's tank both of the bosses you mention, so Reflective Scales is not required.

But your general point is a good one. Nerfing skills because they're overpowered in PvP or because they trivialize an encounter in PvE can't be done in a vacuum. I don't know what the answer is, but you're entirely correct that DK's must remain viable tanks for all current and future content.
    Edited by Snit on July 2, 2014 7:15PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't ask you because your ideas are flawed. I'm spending time fake casting a 1.3 second cast doesn't do anything for me. What are they going to do after that Reflective? Probably shield charge and whip and they'll be sure to reapply Reflective before it runs out leaving my only option to Curse and BE kite which won't get me anywhere.

You even put OP in the title of your build http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/oblivion-battlemage-pvp-pve-tankdps-op/ ... you just look silly continually sticking up for this skill.

L2P. It's situational and learn to break the rotation, supermad beats my rotation.
    Yes the build is Overpowered in certain areas, that doesn't make scales overpowered. Where it truly shines is large group PvP, if you pair the build with a skilled player it's pretty hard to beat unless you're a skilled player who's using another build that's better.
    I think of the game like this:
    Dk beats sorc, templar bests dk, sorc bests templar.
    NB needs a buff.
    You sound like you want to beat every other class
    Edited by SRIBES on July 2, 2014 7:04PM
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

L2P. It's situational and learn to break the rotation, supermad beats my rotation.
    Yes the build is Overpowered in certain areas, that doesn't make scales overpowered. Where it truly shines is large group PvP, if you pair the build with a skilled player it's pretty hard to beat unless you're a skilled player who's using another build that's better.
    I think of the game like this:
    Dk beats sorc, templar bests dk, sorc bests templar.
    NB needs a buff.
    You sound like you want to beat every other class

Now you are inventing some sort of rock paper scissors scenario where DK beats Sorc because Sorc beats the other classes???? Man get a grip.
    Options
  • Yshido
    Yshido
    ✭✭
    YakoTaki wrote: »
    Erock 25 You were lucky to kill 6 people in pvp, and say that DK is OP, except that DK is unplayable in PVE. You're so ******* intelligent person.

ROFL
    Options
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've told you how a bunch of times.. Fake crystal fragments cast, block it half way through so they waste magika casting it. When you do use crystal fragments make sure absorb magic is up. Streak through when they're off guard and use fragments for hard hitting attack, trying getting curse to go off at the same time

With respect, Sweetroll (seriously), a couple rejoinders:

- The DK pushes one button, and the sorc now has to juke, block, put a buff up, cast Curse, Streak, notice if they blocked the disorient and if not, and if fragments procced, cast fragments. Because the DK pushed one button

- The DK has to load one skill here. You have the sorc using an entire skill bar to counter it (Crushing Shock builds with Destro Staff are hopeless here)

It's not an impossible fight for the sorc. But the degree of difficulty is very high. It relies on RNG proccing fragments, it requires a very specific loadout and relies on the DK failing to block. Most DK's are pretty good at blocking.
    Edited by Snit on July 2, 2014 7:13PM
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

Options
  • NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty obvious that reflective scales is going to get nerfed hard. I hope they roll it out with the chains nerf too. So many sweet DK tears.
    Edited by NerfEverything on July 2, 2014 7:24PM
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I hope PvP "fixes" don't affect PvE adversely. PvPers will only ever be happy with Mario vs Luigi, anyway.

The worst thing about WoW is how PvE constantly gets hooped because of whines from PvPers. My pally was fine and fun until Cata and PvP whining about "OP Pallies" totally ruined anything was was nice about them.
    Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on July 2, 2014 7:39PM
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've told you how a bunch of times.. Fake crystal fragments cast, block it half way through so they waste magika casting it. When you do use crystal fragments make sure absorb magic is up. Streak through when they're off guard and use fragments for hard hitting attack, trying getting curse to go off at the same time

- The DK pushes one button, and the sorc now has to juke, block, put a buff up, cast Curse, Streak, notice if they blocked the disorient and if not, and if fragments procced, cast fragments. Because the DK pushed one button

- The DK has to load one skill here. You have the sorc using an entire skill bar to counter it (Crushing Shock builds with Destro Staff are hopeless here)

It's not an impossible fight for the sorc. But the degree of difficulty is very high. It relies on RNG proccing fragments, it requires a very specific loadout and relies on the DK failing to block. Most DK's are pretty good at blocking.

Hopefully @AsweetRoll‌ will finally come to his senses and realize the above facts.
    Options
  • InvictoNZ
    InvictoNZ
    ✭✭✭
    So many bad players.

Should DK not load purge either? that's overpowered right?
    Maybe we shouldn't have roll dodge or break free or block?

If you [Snip] used those abilities you too would be able to live longer in combat.

So many bad players standing on keep walls last night. So many bad players.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_JonasQ on July 5, 2014 3:57PM
    Options
  • e.jeffriesb14_ESO
    e.jeffriesb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Also keep in mind there's a world of difference between a duel, a random 1v1, gank situations, and large scale combat.

In all of these situations except dueling, it's usually a bad idea for people to build their hotbars to deal with a single specific enemy build. I've known a few exceptions (when I KNOW I'll be facing certain recurring enemies), but dedicating your loadout to deal with one build of one class is not something you do lightly.
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey snit, you're the first person who has been nice to me on this thread (:

This isn't always the case, my melee sorcerer crit surge build can take on plenty of dragonknights (cured vampire ofc) impen trait makes that harder but it's still possible. Streaking in and out and hitting crit charge (which hits about 800) is great.
    There are many ways to counter it. Supermad uses pets and tanks all the damage and it seems to work great

Hopefully @AsweetRoll‌ will finally come to his senses and realize the above facts.

Maybe erock will stop being rude and taking a *** on everything I say.. Hmm that would be nice..
    Edited by SRIBES on July 3, 2014 12:50AM
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP should be ashamed of himself.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It boggles my mind the things people say about someone's opinion on the relative power of an ability in a computer game.
    Maybe erock will stop being rude and taking a *** on everything I say.. Hmm that would be nice..

I'm just trying to get some more @monkeymystic‌ comments in here. Needs more bold.

Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It boggles my mind the things people say about someone's opinion on the relative power of an ability in a computer game.
    Funny how you claimed your "opinion" as a fact earlier...
    "Hopefully @AsweetRoll‌ will finally come to his senses and realize the above facts."
    Edited by SRIBES on July 3, 2014 4:17AM
    Options
  • hk11
    hk11
    ✭✭✭✭
    I continually steal your builds @asweetroll.
    Options