The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is the FPS issue fixed?

david.haypreub18_ESO
david.haypreub18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been hearing some people say the issue is not fixed. I won't be able to play till later tonight, but I have my doubts-- I don't think it is just a couple of offending spells, since I have the issue constantly on Wabba but not in the less populated campaigns. Anyhoo, does anyone have any success/failure stories? I really want to know because this issue was absolutely crippling for me (quiting fixed it temporarily, but who wants to keep quitting out in PvP every 15 minutes?).
Edited by david.haypreub18_ESO on June 30, 2014 7:10PM
Templars are 'just slower... by design'
Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
VR 16 Sorcerer
38 Nightblade
24 DK
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the sounds of things, this has not been fixed. Maybe they shouldn't have waited until today to try something to fix it? Someone at Zenimax *** up big if they actually let this sit all weekend...probably the same person who decided the last patch didn't need pvp testing.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its more than just pvp. Go kill a wisp mother. I bet whatever is causing it with that has something to do with the framerate issues in cyrodil.

it might be like... 5% better though lol
    Edited by Laura on June 30, 2014 7:25PM
  • Brizz
    Brizz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new lighting effects are the culprit. Anytime there is a large zerg and players start casting their pretty spells is when the fps goes to hell.

On my older computer, not only am I getting bad fps, but players and mobs load onto my screen super slow, resulting in me dieing a lot to ghosts I never see.
    :.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:*"'"* Guild of Shadows *"'":.,_,.:*"'"*:.,_,.:
    Briizz - v14 EP Werewolf Nightblade <Former Emperor - Chillrend NA>
    Brizz The Elder Dragon - v14 EP Dragon Knight
    Brizz - v12 DC Nightblade <Former Emperor - Celarus NA>
    Brizeer - v4 Stamina Sorcerer - Prophet of Zazeer-Destroyer of Buff Severs and Eater of Sweet Rolls-
    Watch LIVE @ www.twitch.tv/brizztv
  • Thorntongue
    Thorntongue
    ✭✭✭
    It's like we are playing in super slow motion on ABC's Wide Wide World of Sports back in the 70's.

So no, it isn't fixed, it's actually worse for me. The last time I was in Cyrodil was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. It seemed a lot better for me back then.
    Edited by Thorntongue on June 30, 2014 7:37PM
  • Ragnar_Lodbrok
    Ragnar_Lodbrok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man ZOS just cant fix a thing can they
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty dissapointing I have to say. For them to wait this long to apply the "fix" and have it not even do a damn thing is ridiculous. Once again...who at ZoS is taking responsibility for these screw ups and why are they still employed?
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't expect them to fix it. This isn't the first time they broke it,
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • DemonNinja
    DemonNinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was not fixed. Everyone is still experiencing dramatic drops in FPS in Wabbajack.

C'mon guys get your *** together. If this keeps up I know I am going to walk away. Having a few bugs is always part of the deal but this is game breaking and inexcusable. The patch that introduced these errors had a "Known Issues" post that was longer than the original patch notes. You should have just rolled back the patch until you really ironed things out. Now you are just digging yourself a bigger hole.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ Can we get an update asap!?
    @DemonNinja
    Aerilon Starsider - Best Sorcerer NA
    World Record Trial Team Member & Game Breaker of Days Past
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went into Wabba today, things were okay until we took a keep and that's when the FPS dipped down to the IQ of a rock. Again. As someone said, it seems to be happening when there are a lot of lights/spells with lights going on.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 week, 2 weeks,....
    It's just too long to fix such critically big issues.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just found a wispmother and tried to fight it. I went from 55 fps down to 10. Managed to kill it, but my fps stayed in the 10's and 20's for a couple minutes after killing it, finally returning to normal values. I've got to say, when I read that they fix things, I just assume they are still broken or some variation of broken. I honestly expect two to three patches for stuff to actually get fixed.

Hopefully they can fix this one next time <3
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • sagitter
    sagitter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remove the new lighting effects and patch it when there is enought test !
    Who cares about a lightning effect if u can t play Cyrodill.
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not just Cyrodiil. I was in the desert today and anytime I approached any body of water my FPS would drop by at least half. This has never happened before.

We are talking about going from 50 - 60 FPS to 25 and less. Crazy.
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Much worse for me, the FPS isn't as much of an issue as the fact that when my CPU maxed out (and GPU went down) monsters just stopped loading. Died a lot at a Dolmen as a result. Even minutes after a wipe I still couldn't see them.
  • ArconSeptim
    ArconSeptim
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know what would be the best? To rolllback everything before Craglorn, then it started obviusly, by this I don't mean to remove Craglorn except everything else...
  • Arkath
    Arkath
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is absolutely not fixed. Love they way they implied (or perhaps we inferred, but I don't think so) that it would be fixed today. It most certainly is not fixed. Want to dethrone an emperor? Good luck with the three faction fight at the last remaining keep he's holed up in. That 2 FPS isn't going to work out so well.
    DC Sorc
    Einherjar [EHJ]
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling it's something they need to investigate. I imagine you will see a hot fix sometime this week. I can't see leaving part of the game unplayable between patch schedules.
  • RAZORNZL
    RAZORNZL
    ✭✭
    nope nothing was fixed.
  • Blood_Meridian
    Blood_Meridian
    Soul Shriven
    ZoS, comment?
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has improved but still lag on mob population and the rollback screen happens too often
  • SystemiK
    SystemiK
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS, comment?

ZOS official comment is that they will be working on this issue into the far flung future...
  • claytonjhouserb14_ESO
    Zos just needs to release a honest statement saying what the issue is and what is going on corporate wise that is sending this game into an early grave. I don't know what they are doing but no one can defend them now enough is enough.

It's saddening seeing a mmorpg with as great potential as vanilla wow go to *** before our eyes. We have told them what the errors are and they say "yeah we know" but never show they do. I have since moved on to another hoping one day this game will be great but if it continues in this drection it won't even survive as a F2P which I hate to even think about.
  • spartanofdarkness
    spartanofdarkness
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah apparently they've all made enough money to retire now so they don't give a sh!!, wonder if they will think that when all their subscription revenue starts disappearing in another couple of months due to cancels... this is pathetic. Good thing my son likes playing PvE, I would have cancelled yesterday.
    Edited by spartanofdarkness on July 2, 2014 4:58AM
  • cisadanepajsuxrwb17_ESO
    Well, mine went from single digits fps to 20-25 fps now so it definitely is better than last week but by no means fixed