The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It seems ZoS customer service has hit an all time low.

• twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    Over the past few days, I've seen several threads pop up about players using hacks in PvP. Some of them mentioned names, others didn't. However, ALL of them were either closed or deleted by mods. Some of the mods even said that they closed the threads due to the posters "Demanding" action. Well yeah, if people are hacking, I think it's acceptable to want something done asap.
    They are working on it as fast as they can. They are not making this extra slow just to annoy you, you know?

They just had a content patch and those usually break a decent amount of stuff. In every MMO. This is not worse then what happened after 1.1.
    In latest 1 month nobody will even remember the isues we had after 1.2.3 untill we remind people that cry "worst patch ever!"´.

The bold part may very well be completely true, but if the issue is downgraded to junk status, and they have management putting 90% of resources into writing new bugs into new code, (for example), then 'As fast as they can' could easily be some time next spring, maybe.

'As fast as they can' is something we'd like to believe, but unless they say "We're cutting back on the rate of new level development to focus more resources on bug fixes", we have no reason to know or even believe they're in a bug-fix hurry.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    Over the past few days, I've seen several threads pop up about players using hacks in PvP. Some of them mentioned names, others didn't. However, ALL of them were either closed or deleted by mods. Some of the mods even said that they closed the threads due to the posters "Demanding" action. Well yeah, if people are hacking, I think it's acceptable to want something done asap.
    They are working on it as fast as they can. They are not making this extra slow just to annoy you, you know?

They just had a content patch and those usually break a decent amount of stuff. In every MMO. This is not worse then what happened after 1.1.
    In latest 1 month nobody will even remember the isues we had after 1.2.3 untill we remind people that cry "worst patch ever!"´.

The bold part may very well be completely true, but if the issue is downgraded to junk status, and they have management putting 90% of resources into writing new bugs into new code, (for example), then 'As fast as they can' could easily be some time next spring, maybe.

'As fast as they can' is something we'd like to believe, but unless they say "We're cutting back on the rate of new level development to focus more resources on bug fixes", we have no reason to know or even believe they're in a bug-fix hurry.

In all fairness, I'm not sure the "new content" and "bug fix" devs are in the same department.
    Edited by Slash8915 on June 30, 2014 9:01PM
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »

In all fairness, I'm not sure the "new content" and "bug fix" devs are in the same department.

I'm certain they're not.
    But management decides who gets the bigger budget, and thats one of my points.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm certain they're not.
    But management decides who gets the bigger budget, and thats one of my points.

Fair enough
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolo_Bob wrote: »
    then they shouldnt allow bot reporting at all either, because we have no proof.
    we cant see their data or video logs, so they cant be called a bot and we cant judge.

so even if their names was keyboard gibberish, cant prove they are a bot even tho they appear to move, harvest, teleport, fly like a bot.

^all that applies to hacking players according to some of you, but i bet alot of the same people reported bots.

i think some of you just like to argue.

You do realize that in-game reporting and public calling-out on the forums are two totally separate things, right?

When you report, someone else investigates. You don't need proof to report someone you suspect of botting. The GMs will take care of that.
    ----
    Murray?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    Oh, and...

[img][/img]ohZ102e.png
    Awwww, I only have 4 stars. Now I has a sad.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    I remember back when they had a huge bot problem that some naming and shaming was allowed. After all, if someone that names their character nfyew9 doesn't have enough invested in the character to properly name it, they aren't likely to shame easily either.

Then again, if I see someone on the street breaking a window and breaking into a house, if I can take a picture, I do that as well as call the cops, just so there is MORE proof. It's hard to argue with pictures. If I knew the name (like you do in a game), even better. Which is why reporting a hack is plenty more effective with screenshots showing the offender and the offense.

The only people this effects are those caught cheating. What ZOS does to them would still be a private matter, but I see nothing wrong with making everyone aware. This first tells people they are NOT seeing things, that it is happening, and encourages people to report. It also makes them aware that something is being done.

One of the things that really bothered me was that when reporting bots, we used to get emails about the reports, then that totally stopped, and moving forward we had no idea whether they were being dealt with or not, or if our reports were even getting through (pretty bad when you can't confirm customer service hasn't been hacked itself).

I understand when forums don't like to discuss this, but who are they protecting? Beyond themselves and the public perception of being a place that doesn't crack on cheaters vs one that does, no one else stands to lose anything. Even cheaters can change their character names by deleting and recreating. I think at the end it's just damage control, and nothing more than that when discussion is limited about cheaters. I think even honest players would rather a false report than nothing reported at all. I tagged everyone when the jute hack was going on, figuring I'd let ZOS sort it all out.

Certainly keep the method under wraps, why make things worse. But protecting the identity of alleged cheaters? Let them be outed, and innocence will tell. Who would want to play with a cheater anyway? Certainly not I.

Besides, characters that are guilty should be wiped, period. If it's bad enough, ban them. How would being outed bother them? They should HAVE to earn their reputation with the rest of the population, just like normal ex-cons do today.
    Edited by Probitas on June 30, 2014 10:22PM
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probitas wrote: »

The only people this effects are those caught cheating.

Wrong.

It affects anyone who didn't do anything but was named in the forums as a cheater. This is not the proper venue for reporting players. Everyone is aware of the in-game report system. There isn't a debate to be had.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Schallen
    Schallen
    ✭✭✭
    Will be seen as a complete joke? You mean they aren't already?
    Schallen

Class: Nightblade

Role: DPS

Favorite Movie: The Notebook

Ideal Date: A long walk on the beach followed by a goodnight kiss

Interested In: Women

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /reporting 5-star members for hacking the forum.

But seriously, there does seem to be a heavier hand for calling people out on infractions than for the actual infractions around here some times. I guess it's that the calling-out is against the forum rules, and it's obvious that you did it, while the actual infraction requires investigation.

It sometimes gives a strong impression of unfairness and unjust enforcement of the rules, even when the impression is false. I personally think they could be a little more lax in their enforcement of the policy and it would result in a better community, not a worse one. A little public shaming can do good some times. But that would require a deft touch by the mods, and blanket enforcement of policy is easier.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on June 30, 2014 10:30PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /reporting 5-star members for hacking the forum.

Go ahead! What doesn't ban us makes us stronger!!!
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Thor
    Thor
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Discussions of hacks and exploits may be taken off of the forums to prevent the means of preforming these acts from spreading.
    Good banhammering with some publicity attached can do miracles regarding exploit prevention. Not to mention general community morale...

I understand attempts to keep details under the hood though.
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    It's not proper to discuss those specifics in an open forum. This isn't the Jerry Springer MMO.
  • Bolo_Bob
    Bolo_Bob
    ✭✭✭
    we cant see their data or video logs, so they cant be called a bot and we cant judge.

so even if their names was keyboard gibberish, cant prove they are a bot even tho they appear to move, harvest, teleport, fly like a bot.

^all that applies to hacking players according to some of you, but i bet alot of the same people reported bots.

You do realize that in-game reporting and public calling-out on the forums are two totally separate things, right?

When you report, someone else investigates. You don't need proof to report someone you suspect of botting. The GMs will take care of that.

you do realize the OP didnt publicly call out any cheaters...

so yeah...
  • Welid
    Welid
    ✭✭
    The solution is you find your self a hacker and group up with him! Ah, my head hurts.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so yeah...

The whole point of the first post was that the OP wants to be able to call out people he believes are cheating.

So. Yeah.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems you have more rights if you cheat in this game as opposed to playing clean. I think ZoS will be seen as a complete joke in the gaming community after their terrible handling of ESO.

Zenimax protects their pet accounts and tolerates this behavior from "some" players. They hide behind Naming-And-Shaming policies and remove posts over words like "Demand".

Meanwhile in the same threads they edit posts with personal attacks and bullying to include [snip] or (Removed due to inappropriate content). The rest of the post remains along with the personal attack.

This can be seen on hundreds of threads.

I agree with the reasons they remove (or move to hidden forum) posts with Hacks and Exploits. I do agree with removing toxic posts. I just wish they weren't so biased in allowing so many abusive posts to remain because the comment attacks someone making a complaint of some kind.
    Edited by Soloeus on July 1, 2014 2:30AM

Within; Without.
  • Bolo_Bob
    Bolo_Bob
    ✭✭✭

so yeah...

The whole point of the first post was that the OP wants to be able to call out people he believes are cheating.

So. Yeah.

read it again, you obviously didnt understand what the OP said.

like this part the OP said "Some of the mods even said that they closed the threads due to the posters "Demanding" action. Well yeah, if people are hacking, I think it's acceptable to want something done asap."

clearly he said call people out, according to you...

forum warriors these days fighting without a cause..... so yeah...
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like every game, get any evidence you can and send it to them, or just report them which will raise a flag. Then move on with your life and trust that the devs hate hackers as much as we do.