Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

It seems ZoS customer service has hit an all time low.

SratPrincess
SratPrincess
✭✭
Over the past few days, I've seen several threads pop up about players using hacks in PvP. Some of them mentioned names, others didn't. However, ALL of them were either closed or deleted by mods. Some of the mods even said that they closed the threads due to the posters "Demanding" action. Well yeah, if people are hacking, I think it's acceptable to want something done asap.

It seems you have more rights if you cheat in this game as opposed to playing clean. I think ZoS will be seen as a complete joke in the gaming community after their terrible handling of ESO.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't expect this thread to stay open or even up for long.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past few days, I've seen several threads pop up about players using hacks in PvP. Some of them mentioned names, others didn't. However, ALL of them were either closed or deleted by mods. Some of the mods even said that they closed the threads due to the posters "Demanding" action. Well yeah, if people are hacking, I think it's acceptable to want something done asap.

It seems you have more rights if you cheat in this game as opposed to playing clean. I think ZoS will be seen as a complete joke in the gaming community after their terrible handling of ESO.

Naming and shaming is against the Forum Code of Conduct.

Discussing specifics of an exploit is against the Forum Code of Conduct.

Threads like the ones you describe that do not break the FCoC are closed due to independent interpretation of the FCoC.

I want to say more but cannot because it would break the Forum Code of Conduct.

:|
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mablung wrote: »

Threads like the ones you describe that do not break the FCoC are closed due to independent interpretation of the FCoC.

Watch out... Smileys could be seen as being against the FCoC...
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is looking a little grey. :wink:
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are working on it as fast as they can. They are not making this extra slow just to annoy you, you know?

They just had a content patch and those usually break a decent amount of stuff. In every MMO. This is not worse then what happened after 1.1.
    In latest 1 month nobody will even remember the isues we had after 1.2.3 untill we remind people that cry "worst patch ever!"´.
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to claim this as the official "Five star guys only" thread. OP, get out of here.

Edit: Damnit, zgrssd... You screwed it all up.
    Edited by Slash8915 on June 30, 2014 8:12PM
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • SratPrincess
    SratPrincess
    ✭✭
    zgrssd wrote: »
    They are working on it as fast as they can. They are not making this extra slow just to annoy you, you know?

They just had a content patch and those usually break a decent amount of stuff. In every MMO. This is not worse then what happened after 1.1.
    In latest 1 month nobody will even remember the isues we had after 1.2.3 untill we remind people that cry "worst patch ever!"´.

That's not the point entirely. The main issue is that the mods are treating people that are reporting it like they are criminals.
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only got four stars, can I play too?

I think it is a bit ridiculous that we can't call out people who are cheating and exploiting. In some campaigns it is completely out of hand, and you have people in zone chat saying "person x is at the keep and they are a known scroll hacker so keep them away from the scroll".

This stuff is common knowledge in game but the mods and devs are ignorant to the situation because the don't allow discussion about it here. That's messed up.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »

Watch out...watching out is also a breach of FCoC, and they might request your mandatory participation in their human centIpad project.....YOU AGREED TO THE TERMS AND SERVICES!
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is a bit ridiculous that we can't call out people who are cheating and exploiting. In some campaigns it is completely out of hand, and you have people in zone chat saying "person x is at the keep and they are a known scroll hacker so keep them away from the scroll".

This stuff is common knowledge in game but the mods and devs are ignorant to the situation because the don't allow discussion about it here. That's messed up.

Yep. ZoS is the MMO equivalent of the parent that sends their kid to 10 minutes of timeout every time they bite someone.
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep. ZoS is the MMO equivalent of the parent that sends their kid to 10 minutes of timeout every time they bite someone.
    NOPE because in reality you have no prof, only speculation. Remember when people were report Mist walkers because of the way the game was behaving when vamps used that ability.

We are not the judge and jury, if anything by complaining about how you can't call them out, that puts you in the position as the guy with the pitch fork in this Flamming mob known as the forums

Edit BTW I'm 4 stars as of 4 days ago. WHAT NOW SON! WHAT WHAT!
    Edited by Fairydragon3 on June 30, 2014 8:23PM
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naming and shaming is against the Forum Code of Conduct. Discussing specifics of an exploit is against the Forum Code of Conduct. Threads like the ones you describe that do not break the FCoC are closed due to independent interpretation of the FCoC. I want to say more but cannot because it would break the Forum Code of Conduct. :|

You are a funny guy @Mablung, +5 bacon for you.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no game forum anywhere that lets you name and shame.

Report players in-game if you suspect them of hacking/botting. There's no need to post here.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kewl wrote: »
    Naming and shaming is against the Forum Code of Conduct. Discussing specifics of an exploit is against the Forum Code of Conduct. Threads like the ones you describe that do not break the FCoC are closed due to independent interpretation of the FCoC. I want to say more but cannot because it would break the Forum Code of Conduct. :|

You are a funny guy @Mablung, +5 bacon for you.

I like bacon.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NOPE because in reality you have no prof, only speculation. Remember when people were report Mist walkers because of the way the game was behaving when vamps used that ability.

We are not the judge and jury, if anything by complaining about how you can't call them out, that puts you in the position as the guy with the pitch fork in this Flamming mob known as the forums

Eh... I see where you're coming from and I agree to an extent. But when it's obvious someone IS hacking, I don't care if they get their feelings hurt.
    Edited by Slash8915 on June 30, 2014 8:24PM
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is looking a little grey. :wink:

Agreed!
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh... I see where you're coming from and I agree to an extent. But when it's obvious someone IS hacking, I don't care if they get their feelings hurt.

You don't know when someone is hacking.

I had another player tell me I was hacking because of the display bug that happened on sneaking.

You have no idea whether someone else is hacking, and you have no right to try starting up a witch-hunt on the forums. There is an in-game system. Using anything else is just attention-seeking behavior.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had another player tell me I was hacking because of the display bug that happened on sneaking.

You have no idea whether someone else is hacking, and you have no right to try starting up a witch-hunt on the forums. There is an in-game system. Using anything else is just attention-seeking behavior.

When someone hits several VR12's for 2k with a heavy attack, even when blocking... I think that's a pretty good indicator. Oh, and...

[img][/img]ohZ102e.png
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When someone hits several VR12's for 2k with a heavy attack, even when blocking... I think that's a pretty good indicator. Oh, and...

[img][/img]ohZ102e.png

It's true, we are very buff.

But again, there's no way to know what's happening without having the tools the GMs and developers have access to. They can look at playlogs and determine who is actively using exploits, bots, etc. You simply don't have that information available, and as rational as you may be, most people don't name and shame because they've taken their time and thought things through.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭

[img][/img]ohZ102e.png

as a 4 star.....awwwww :(
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Discussions of hacks and exploits may be taken off of the forums to prevent the means of preforming these acts from spreading. It's fine to alert us to the fact that people are using an exploit, but an explanation of how (even a partial one) will be removed from the public forums and the discussion kept private.

Naming and shaming is also against the rules, which may result in a thread being closed and/or that content being edited out. Additionally, we do not allow discussion of private moderation actions, although any such concerns can be PMed to us.

Out of respect for everyone's privacy, we won't discuss disciplinary actions or other private moderation with other individuals. However, if someone is concerned about general behavior, or has examples of public moderation they wish to discuss, we are happy to talk about it.

While it would probably be better for this thread to be taken to private channels, we aren't going to lock it right now. Please make sure you keep any further discussion on topic, civil and within the rules.

Edit: tweaked somewhat to improve clarity
    Edited by ZOS_AlanG on June 30, 2014 9:03PM
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ok. We are compa
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    Discussions of hacks and exploits may be taken off of the forums to prevent the means of preforming these acts from spreading. It's fine to alert us to the fact that people are using an exploit, but an explanation of how (even a partial one) will be removed from the public forums and the discussion kept private.

Naming and shaming is also against the rules, which may result in a thread being closed and/or that content being edited out. Additionally, we do not allow discussion of specific moderation actions, although any such concerns can be PMed to us.

Out of respect for everyone's privacy, we won't discuss disciplinary actions or other private moderation. However, if someone is concerned about general behavior, or has examples of public moderation they wish to discuss, we are happy to talk about it.

While it would probably be better for this thread to be taken to private channels, we aren't going to lock it right now. Please make sure you keep any further discussion on topic, civil and within the rules.

Funny how when the thread is ABOUT you guys closing threads, you're not so quick to close it. ;P
    Edited by Slash8915 on June 30, 2014 8:45PM
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ok. We are compa
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »

Naming and shaming is also against the rules, which may result in a thread being closed and/or that content being edited out. Additionally, we do not allow discussion of specific moderation actions, although any such concerns can be PMed to us.

Out of respect for everyone's privacy, we won't discuss disciplinary actions or other private moderation. However, if someone is concerned about general behavior, or has examples of public moderation they wish to discuss, we are happy to talk about it.

Funny how when the thread is ABOUT you guys closing threads, you're not so quick to closing it. ;P

I think he just agrees that 5-star members are super buff and good looking.
    ----
    Murray?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Slash8915
    You have no idea. I got an official warning and post removed for using a smiley that was beating a dead horse.

The mod who deleted my post and sent me a PM afterwards was brand new (no posts in her profile) and had no idea what "beating a dead horse" even means. I can only guess she is not from around.

Oh well ...
    :(
    Edited by SirAndy on June 30, 2014 8:48PM
  • Mablung
    Mablung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    @Slash8915
    You have no idea. I got an official warning and post removed for using a smiley that was beating a dead horse.

The mod who deleted my post and sent me an PM afterwards was brand new (no posts in her profile) and had no idea what "beating a dead horse" even means. I can only guess she is not from around.

Oh well ...
    :(

Might want to edit this. Talking about disciplinary actions is against the Forum Code of Conduct. :#
  • Bolo_Bob
    Bolo_Bob
    ✭✭✭
    then they shouldnt allow bot reporting at all either, because we have no proof.
    we cant see their data or video logs, so they cant be called a bot and we cant judge.

so even if their names was keyboard gibberish, cant prove they are a bot even tho they appear to move, harvest, teleport, fly like a bot.

^all that applies to hacking players according to some of you, but i bet alot of the same people reported bots.

i think some of you just like to argue.
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bolo_Bob wrote: »

No we don't, where's your proof?! Pics or it didn't happen!

VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    then they shouldnt allow bot reporting at all either, because we have no proof.
    we cant see their data or video logs, so they cant be called a bot and we cant judge.

so even if their names was keyboard gibberish, cant prove they are a bot even tho they appear to move, harvest, teleport, fly like a bot.

^all that applies to hacking players according to some of you, but i bet alot of the same people reported bots.

Anything reported in a public setting is a no no, by all means report people you think are botters and cheaters, but you need to trust that ZOS, will know when some is innocent, or guilty, otherwise why do you even play this game, if you don't trust them to do this now, then you never will
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭

this is why you are only star 2. lol jk jk

Honestly this has been the most civil thread on this subject, which is why they left it open
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭

Luiz Suarez parents?