The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Textures, Models & NPCs (both friendly & enemy) fail to load since patch1.2.3

EJRose83
EJRose83
✭✭✭✭✭
Since patch 1.2.3 came out, I've had a chronic issue with textures, models and NPCs loading within a reasonable amount of time in the world. Basically, no matter how slowly I proceed through the world, the loading of these items lags severely. My FPS is still high though, despite this. I consider this to be relatively game breaking because often times now, while adventuring, I find myself being killed by invisible mobs and as a result, have no desire to play for more than five or ten minutes at a time. Any help would be appreciated.
- Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
- Xbox One Console Transferer
- Gamer Tag: EJRose83
- Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I started another thread about this earlier today. Quite irritating. I've had bears, etc come after me but I couldn't see them. Then all of the sudden they are there chewing on my leg. :(
    Edited by Seravi on June 30, 2014 10:05PM
  • silent_banshee
    This is a pretty common issue that I personally have not seen ZOS acknowledge at all in forum posts including patch notes.
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, things weren't spawning after minutes at a dolmen for me. During this time, GPU load dropped, CPU load maxed out.
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bad. I just converted my new characters armor to Imperial. I right clicked and chose "Convert to Imperial" and it literally took 15 seconds for the new armor to show up on my character for each piece.
  • silent_banshee
    @Seravi hehe that was a regular occurence for me (armor not showing up for an obscene amount of time) back when I was actually able to log into the game pre-1.2.3, but I never got around to reporting that bug because of all the other game-breaking ones xD
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's getting bad. Chat is full of complaints. It just took 20 seconds for my familiar to show up after I summoned him. :(
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I didn't see any mention of this in the patch notes or that of known issues, so thought I'd post it here. I usually just wait for bugs to be fixed, rather than make an issue out of them, but this is a little ridiculous and the lack of acknowledgement is cause for concern.
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Any word on this issue yet, Gina?
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Can't help wondering if it's something silly, like the textures being held in a database and being searched for on a field that isn't indexed? If they just hadn't indexed the database in 1.2.3/1.2.4 that might explain these performance issues (especially CPU load increasing and GPU load decreasing when they occur).
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is buggy. I can't see enemy npc's. I would have been smacked hard if it hadn't been for my familiar that started attacking an npc that was invisible. Also just noticed that the "+" sign beside skills isn't showing most of the time. The lock is gone but there isn't anything there to use a skill point on. I had to log out and back in to get that working again. Hopefully all those complaining in chat will come here and post on threads.

Also noticing that the game is using more memory after this patch. I hope it isn't a memory leak. Mine generally uses less than 2GB but it is almost at 3GB now.