The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Hireling bug for 2 months now.

InstinctDota
InstinctDota
Soul Shriven
I wanted to share my observations on the Hireling system for a long time now and I think it is about time. The issue as followed - I have 2 characters who have maxed Hireling skill on 3 professions which means I should recieve mail containing random crafting materials TWICE each day. And in the beginning it was absolutely correct. About 2 months ago I have noticed some anomaly, only recieving mails for each profession once per day. But recently (the last month) I am recieving mails once per day or even once per 2 days. Also last week I was away for 5 days from the game and amazingly I have recieved only a single wave of materials in the mailbox for each character while I was supposed to get 5x2 for the days I was gone.

I have double checked the skill tooltip every now and then and it is still the same. Maybe there is a mistake somewhere in my observation which I am almost 100% sure there is not. I am still wondering if this is going to continue as it is now without getting the proper amount of mails I am supposed to get.

Please, if there is anyone, with the same issue or knows what exactly I am talking about , enlighten me because I don't want to stress my mind for too long why I don't deserve to recieve what I am "promised" to recieve.

I am not complaining... yet :) but I really need and explanation on this issue.
  • Zarman
    Zarman
    ✭✭✭
    You have to log in everyday to get it everyday, both accounts.
  • InstinctDota
    InstinctDota
    Soul Shriven
    Well, if it is as you say, that explains a lot to me. Thank you very much for the response.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah.. you have to log in to get it twice per day to receive both... but frankly, because of the way the hireling is worded, I like many others feel that we should be automatically getting them whether or not we log in. Since technically, we are away.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    Yeah.. you have to log in to get it twice per day to receive both... but frankly, because of the way the hireling is worded, I like many others feel that we should be automatically getting them whether or not we log in. Since technically, we are away.

unfortunately the mail has a max amount that it can store, so once your mail fills up, no more mails can be sent to you, so if you went on a trip, it would take just a couple of days for that to fill up, and what if you have some COD's out there, well that can't be returned then.

This seems like the hireling system was designed around the mail system. so this is not a bug, but a limitation for the design they chose
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Well, given that the mail is generated when you log on / hit the timer whilst online, it'll never fill up your mailbox. They could also just generate more items on the mails, rather than 'send' multiple mails.
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    Its meant to stop people from creating crafting mail alts...logging off for a month...coming back and collecting a months worth of mail...and flooding the market.
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Its meant to stop people from creating crafting mail alts...logging off for a month...coming back and collecting a months worth of mail...and flooding the market.
    The 12 hour restriction seems to be to stop people from creating crafting mail alts, logging off for a day and coming back!

Personally I'd prefer they restrict the skills by account if they want to stop that. We could do with some improvements to storage and hireling system so storage mules/hireling alts aren't so effective.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darzil wrote: »
    The 12 hour restriction seems to be to stop people from creating crafting mail alts, logging off for a day and coming back!

Personally I'd prefer they restrict the skills by account if they want to stop that. We could do with some improvements to storage and hireling system so storage mules/hireling alts aren't so effective.

HA I PLAN TO HAVE ALL MY ALTS GET THE HIRELINGS! I don't mid logging into 8 characters 2 times a day :smile:
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My issue with the hirelings is the quality of mats they bring. With 3 points invested in a clothing hireling, I still get something like I got yesterday about half the time: carnelian (trait gem) + manganese (style component that can be bought from npc store).
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • mqlaurenceb14_ESO
    mqlaurenceb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I can confirm there's a problem here.

I have alts for inventory storage and decided to decon enough items to get the 1/3 hireling on them (7 alts have 1/3 for WW,BS and CW). I log in ONCE a day, like clockwork, but only receive items every 48 hours.

I've submitted a ticket but never received any response.