Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is SweetFX bannable/legal to use?

Dyenekes
Dyenekes
Soul Shriven
Is SweetFX bannable/illegal to use?
Edited by Dyenekes on June 25, 2014 1:37AM
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Maleficus
    Maleficus
    ✭✭✭
    Try out my custom preset son:

TESO Dark and Vibrant SweetFX Preset

SweetFX 1.51
  • EQ-AB_Claustaler_ESO-EU
    Its just a grafic tweak...
    Edited by EQ-AB_Claustaler_ESO-EU on June 28, 2014 11:14AM
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its just a grafic tweak...
    The rules say that all third party tools (hardware & software; not addons) that improove your ability to play the game are forbidden until further notice.
    Changes to the graphics beyond what the game has build in fall under that. Drawing clear borders around characters is also "just a graphics tweak", but might make spotting enemies on long range in PvE and PvP too easy.

So the question was entirely waranted. And I already linked the Word of God on the matter (this one is allowed).

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • Maleficus
    Maleficus
    ✭✭✭
    SweetFX is a shader suite, it can only enhance what you already see on the screen..
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    I have not used it, but IF it makes enemies much easier to spot (border around them?), it is clearly a 3.party mod that tempers with the original graphics and should be stoped, because it will give those people a clear advantage, and its NOT how the game is supposed to be played (similar to wall hacks in FPS games).
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jarnhand wrote: »
    I have not used it, but IF it makes enemies much easier to spot (border around them?), it is clearly a 3.party mod that tempers with the original graphics and should be stoped, because it will give those people a clear advantage, and its NOT how the game is supposed to be played (similar to wall hacks in FPS games).

it doesnt ;) Only thing it does is make the graphics a bit sharper, more or less color and more or less brighter or darker. depends on your visual preference.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jarnhand wrote: »
    I was pointing out that "It's only a graphics" mod does not imply it would be allowed. After all that is a very wide area, wich can includes stuff like "increased Field of View and removed fog" too "seeing enemies through walls".

SweetFX only does a very limited subset of things that is not on your usual cheating list (removed Foginess at range, increased Field Of View) but even that could have been considered an unfair advantage from a certain point of view.
    Somebody asked this before, so I happened to know the thread where the Staff said SweetFX was allowed.

And as far as I know it has not been disallowed since then.
    But I am uncertain if it still works/was updated for 1.2.3.