Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadow of Sancre Tor issues when you are a pure sorcerer

Sakara
Sakara
✭✭
Ok so odd issue with this quest regarding the ally NPCs.

When you have a group of NPCs accompying you on a big quest, ones that are warriors themselves, you'd think ( like in other MMOs ive played) they would actually assist. But all they do is stand there, taking hit after hit. What is the point. If they are not going to do anything write that into the story..put them in a stasis spell, not make them your allies then not have them do anything!!
Edited by Sakara on April 26, 2014 11:36PM
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    I am on this quest now. and yes, it seems very hard. Even when you read this thread or do a search on this forum, or google, you have some people who say he is easy, or they beat it. But they don't state strategies. They are more less braggers.

As for an MMO, it can't be an MMO, if I beat the faction quest line, and am lvl 50, but I can't do anything else in game until I beat not only this guy, but the end boss as well. That's a true offline game. Do a, to progress to B, to make it to C. Oh and all the lvl 48-49 monsters you did kill before getting 50 and Vet, they won't give you any Exp until you beat these story bosses. Nor can you do other factions.

Sorry, I don't like only having an option to do one thing in a game. As well as never be able to do anything with my friends in the game. This game fails at both.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't beat him either on my sorcerer as the companions do diddly squat. Got so frustrated I gave up on that character for now. Also doesn't help that his drain goes thru walls and doesn't need line of sight.
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    I couldn't beat him either on my sorcerer as the companions do diddly squat. Got so frustrated I gave up on that character for now. Also doesn't help that his drain goes thru walls and doesn't need line of sight.

Yep, I am glad someone understands, I am lvl 50 and beat the faction, remaking a new class is not an option. I can handle his whisper links. But that light stream, ball, and so on make I impossible to do much.

If I can't beat this and other last few mission quest before next payment update, there is no reason to pay $15 for 30x days. As I can't do anything until I beat this and the last two missions. Period.

• crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of the companions will be occupied to hold the portal after the two waves of spirits.

Third one will attack mannimarco. I completed this as a Breton sorc at 42 or so.

Basically need aoe to deal with spirits. After two waves of minions, get up close to mannimarco to interrupt his life drain. Use a damage shield is also advised.

Note, Staying far away from mannimarco is not an option, you will be spending all your time and potion dealing with his life drain and it will be hopeless.
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just did it the other day at 40 on my Sorc.

I leveled using only a resto staff. Only heal is regeneration. Other spells are Lightning form for the spell resist/armor buff and damage aoe in melee range. Crystal shards, mages fury (morphed to return magicka), winged pet (morphed to heal me at 30%). I did slot overload for this fight and use it morphed to keep my Magicka up, it also does decent damage. I made sure it was charged up before hand.

Just avoided what AoE I could and nuked him.

Rapid Regeneration is hard to beat, it puts out so much heals and is cheap. Plus it helps keep the pet alive to tank stuff. On this fight I think it healed me and my pet for 12k total by end of fight. Lightning form buffed resists above 2k. Took a little bit but I just out DPSed and outhealed him. The ghosts died to my lightning form, pet, and mage fury nuke. I don't remember getting below 50% health.

For the record, I am not bragging and instead tried to explain. These are the same skills I quest with. The Sorc is my 4th class to do this quest, and to me the most powerful.

Still, I am at the point of wishing they would just nerf this and the Molag fight so people would stay in the game.
    Edited by Yankee on May 1, 2014 1:02PM
  • Sakara
    Sakara
    ✭✭
    I did manage to do it in the end, even with my companions doing absolutly nothing. wish i could have gotten a screen grab - they just stood there as if they were waiting. they did not engage mannimarco at all.
    - Anyway, my sorcerer uses only destruction staff. i used one of the dark magic line spells to keep taking health from him and boosting mine and luckily the spirits he sends are one hit kills. once they were out of way i bombarded mannimarco with a few storm based spells plus the dark magic healing spell..it was down to a very fine line when i beat him lol. ( will edit with actual spell names when i next play the game)
  • Mik3
    Mik3
    Soul Shriven
    I'm stuck on this now on my Sorcerer. I'm level 46 so can no longer get any xp to level up skills. I didn't bother with pets while levelling so they are level 1.

I have so much lag my character runs up to him to TRY and interupt his life leech which has a freaking mile reach and through walls.

I've tried agro'ing and then run back to the steps. They get mannimarco down to 25% without me but the *** nukes me down once my magicka has gone. I've died over 35 times trying and now fed up with it.

One thing for sure is I will not renew my subs for forced crap like this. I cannot progress without doing it. So what's the point?

[Edit]
    I finally did it with literally a slither of health left.

Step 1: Agro Mannimarco and when the 3 idiots decide to come and help you, run back to the stairs where you entered and wait. You will get 2 groups of wisps come after you. Kill them but stay on the stairs. I then waited 10 minutes while Lyris pounds on Mannimarco's face.

Step 2: Go and agro him. By now he should be on less than 25% health. He won't get any lower by Lyris.

Step 3: Stay close to him so you can bash him with your staff when he tries to life leech you.

Good luck.
    Edited by Mik3 on May 9, 2014 12:12AM
  • Sylinias
    Sylinias
    Doing this as a pure NB is pretty much impossible and I'm going to have to come back at a higher level in order to put enough smackdown on him. I had the same problem with the Harvester at

Add that these *have* to be done solo and it's beyond frustrating.

• hauke
    hauke
    ✭✭✭
    did it with sorcerer, destrostaff, winged twighlight matron(heals), autronoch ultimate, lightning splash lightningshield, and theshards, silverbolt from fightersguild morphed to multitarget. very easy 1st try no death

tactic, 1st autronoch ultimate, takes agro does damage, didn t even notice the wraith till the 4th wave of them, winged twighlight, takes agro does damage heals, if destroyed reconjure. use lightning splash aerea spell alternated with silverbolt, allways keep magica+stamina at at least 1/3, used destro staff inbetween. advantage of the winged twighlight being destroyed : it can heal instantly, not just every 30 sec timer resets on destruction.
    when the autronoch was destroyed manimarco was at ca 15% health and i wasn t even hurt
  • dbishop
    dbishop
    ✭✭✭
    Mik3 wrote: »

Step 1: Agro Mannimarco and when the 3 idiots decide to come and help you, run back to the stairs where you entered and wait. You will get 2 groups of wisps come after you. Kill them but stay on the stairs. I then waited 10 minutes while Lyris pounds on Mannimarco's face.

Step 2: Go and agro him. By now he should be on less than 25% health. He won't get any lower by Lyris.

Step 3: Stay close to him so you can bash him with your staff when he tries to life leech you.

Good luck.

Nice idea but i got pushed back into some area between walls and stuck.

• Ezmaralda
    Ezmaralda
    ✭✭
    I just FINALLY did this on a level 45 sorcerer. Started the battle, then i ran back behind the open doors. Just let them kill him! The only thing you have to deal with are the mobs which go down fast using Unstable Wall of Fire and Scalding Rune. i used 2 health potions to be safe. My Restoring Twilight survived the entire fight too.

I got the idea from a YouTube Video "How to Defeat Mannimarco."