Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO PvP - Rollback, Lag, and Low FPS

scratchnsniff
scratchnsniff
✭✭✭
Three months...

That is how long ESO has had to fix its issue in PvP. Yet, every time we are told "a fix is coming next patch", nothing really changes, and more issues crop up.

Lets take the last patch for example @ZOS_AmeliaR posted the following:
Next week's launch of v1.2.3 will include a fix for the lag players are experiencing when grouped.

Well, I can tell you that the lag grouping issues in the Cryodiil may be gone, yet now they created a whole new issue with a FPS bug. This bug will drive your FPS down to 4 or 5 making it impossible to play with out re logging.

As I remember reading about ESO pre launch the Mega Server Technology was suppose to prevent these types of issues. I found the following excerpt for am interview with ZemiMax's Paul Sage:

Sage emphasized that ZeniMax built ESO with the goal to have 200 players on the screen at once without performance issues or culling. He told me that testing on minimum spec machines has proven that it can be done and that ZeniMax is extremely focused on metrics and getting this right. Given studio head Matt Firor's Dark Age of Camelot pedigree, it's easy to see the source of that confidence.
source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-paul-sage/

Can anyone really agree with the comment above? Tonight alone I lost 200K Veteran Points due to crashes (entire raid DC'd) in the Cryodiil. When I logged back in, My points were rolled back.

I heard someone today say this game was flopping like a fish out of water? I don't know if this is true. I can't find statistics, and I am sure ZOS will not release them.

I can tell you I enjoy the game and love the PvP.

However with all of the bugs, broken content,constant lag, and frequent rollbacks in the cryodiil, I find myself not as addicted or dedicated to this game, which will make it easy to leave when something better comes around.

ZemiMax, you better get your act together.

Just my Opinion.
Edited by scratchnsniff on June 29, 2014 6:14AM
They call me the magic man.
*** Now you see me***
*** Now you don't ***
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I played yesterday around 3-4 hours in cyrodiil. In that time we had 4 mass disconnects and the whole zone rolled back around 5 minutes every time. Absolutely awesome if you managed to capture keep before. It is ridiculous that Zenimax charges a monthly fee for this piece of crap they deliver.
    Edited by Prospero_ESO on June 29, 2014 6:56AM
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    45 th in que.
    wait 10 minutes.
    load into cyrodiil.
    DC waiting for me as I log in the starter zone.
    die.
    rez.
    help ppl kill DC.
    go to defend arrius.
    cant use side doors have to use front.
    battle ensues.
    set up siege that never appears.
    FPS drops to 2.
    amazingly we drive the enemy back.
    go to repair.
    repair borked.
    loading screen.
    server roll back.
    rinse and repeat.

This has been my play experience for the last three days.

• scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    45 th in que.
    wait 10 minutes.
    load into cyrodiil.
    DC waiting for me as I log in the starter zone.
    die.
    rez.
    help ppl kill DC.
    go to defend arrius.
    cant use side doors have to use front.
    battle ensues.
    set up siege that never appears.
    FPS drops to 2.
    amazingly we drive the enemy back.
    go to repair.
    repair borked.
    loading screen.
    server roll back.
    rinse and repeat.

This has been my play experience for the last three days.

Good thing there wasn't 200 players there.
    They call me the magic man.
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sage emphasized that ZeniMax built ESO with the goal to have 200 players on the screen at once without performance issues or culling. He told me that testing on minimum spec machines has proven that it can be done and that ZeniMax is extremely focused on metrics and getting this right. Given studio head Matt Firor's Dark Age of Camelot pedigree, it's easy to see the source of that confidence.
    source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/03/19/the-elder-scrolls-online-interview-paul-sage/

...Last time I check it can be done: Nothing wrong with that quote.

Doesn't mean of course his claims can be done 100% of the time. Or 1%. :smile:
    Indeed it is so...
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matt Firor should be embarrassed with the current state of ESO pvp...actually...the whole ESO dev staff should be.
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the pvp is pretty great, it's the rollbacks, exploits, bugs, etc that I want fixed. It's a lot of fun when everything works as it should.