The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

MegaServer = Mega Lag

scratchnsniff
scratchnsniff
✭✭✭
Before Launch, ZOS bragged how their Mega Servers would mean less lag. Yet the more updates, they put out, the worse the lag gets.

I cannot be in a group in the cryodill without lag spikes of at least 10 sec every time someone is invited into the group.

Is there a way to fix this on the client side? or are we stuck until ZOS determines PvP is important enough to fix.

For a game that PvP was to be very important in, They have yet to release any updates, or fix any major issues.

WTF...
They call me the magic man.
*** Now you see me***
*** Now you don't ***
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to be honest. I don't see an upside to the Megaserver. It's more like a Negaserver.

Wait, that almost sounds racist.

Anyway, the idea originally was going to give us a questionnaire to see what kind of server we would like.

The megaserver was going to be split is shards for us to choose from.

Now, it's only purpose is to hide the population and we don't have to switch servers because of low population.

The down side is, it does have lag, at least in combat. The phasing is horrible.

It is also to blame for not having an AH because some people still think millions of people play this game.
    Edited by Blackwidow on June 15, 2014 5:54AM
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to admit I didn't have time to PvP in ESO yet much. But I was a couple of times in Cyrodiil and there was no lag for me at all.

As for PvE, which I'm investing most of my time the story is pretty much the same, I don't remember when was the last time I lagged in PvE zone.

This game has many problems, but Lag is for sure not on the top of that list, hell just move the server to Europe, close your Utorrents or whatever and that should suffice.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    only time i get lag in this game is when i enter a town where there is a lot of people in other then i never feel any lag maybe i just lucky.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    Before Crag. I had no lag. After, everytime someone is invited into our group, the lag spike is easily 10 to 15 sec. I heard it was due to a memory leak, if that is the case..fix it.

I am not sure if this is the same issue as when group members go offline, but for god sake...FIX IT

FYI, this is for PvP only...no lag in PvE.
    Edited by scratchnsniff on June 15, 2014 5:54AM
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO The biggest problem with a "mega server" that has all the hardware in one place, is that you have siginificantly less possible bandwidth to connect to them over the internet.
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot be in a group in the cryodill without lag spikes of at least 10 sec every time someone is invited into the group.
    Next week's launch of v1.2.3 will include a fix for the lag players are experiencing when grouped.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next week's launch of v1.2.3 will include a fix for the lag players are experiencing when grouped.

I've been reviewing and testing the 1.2.2 patch. Any other news or info related to the 1.2.3 patch? Thanks!
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I got to be honest, every patch brings more lag, then you guys tweak it. It gets a little better, still there but playable, new patch, boom lag is back. Constant cycle it seems. I love and dread patch day. Love the changes, fear the lag.
  • scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for the response.

*** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have avoided grouping while in Cyrodiil because of the lag when grouped.... Makes for a much more pleasant experience...
    Edited by Enkil on June 18, 2014 4:16AM
  • scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    I have avoided grouping while in Cyrodiil because of the lag when grouped.... Makes for a much more pleasant experience...

Unfortunately I am not real good at soloing, and to get ap I must group.
    Either I die 20 times real fast and rage quit, or I group.
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    My apologizes to zos. It turned out that the ZrMiniMap addon was what was causing my group lag when a new member added

anyone who is having this issue in the cryodiil and if you have zrminimap, disable it, see if your group lag stops.
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***