The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Shattering Mirror quest bugged

MJS1614
MJS1614
Soul Shriven
The vet quest "Shattering Mirror" in the Ebonheart Pact zone Stonefalls is bugged, when you get to the part where you need to "Use Altar" the altar isn't clickable. I've reset the game and disabled all addons and it's still not clickable, I've even restarted the quest and still the same problem. As I post this there's two other people trying to click it so it's not just me.
  • Omnevolus
    Omnevolus
    ✭✭✭
    It's not just the vet version of the quest, either. I have a lvl 16 DK attempting that quest and I'm stuck on the same step of the same quest. The altar is not targetable, but there is a quest icon on it, and the quest says to use the altar. Several other people came by when I was there, none of whom could use the altar either, confirmed in /say.
    Edited by Omnevolus on June 25, 2014 11:49AM
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same problem!
  • redubious
    redubious
    Soul Shriven
    This is happening to me also.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    ditto
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still broken :'(
    edit: in known issues "Stonefalls, Shattering Mirror: You cannot interact with the Altar.
    Edited by Xexpo on June 26, 2014 9:36PM
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just letting you know that we plan to have this fixed with next Monday's patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just letting you know that we plan to have this fixed with next Monday's patch.

Danke for the info :)
  • radagast25
    radagast25
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you - I can't finish it either.
    -
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't work for me either. I'm just wondering why it worked with my first character, but not now anymore. It's not the first quest (by far!) that doesn't work now but did earlier. A golden rule: Don't repair anything that isn't broken..
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• rosconeko
    rosconeko
    ✭✭

Wasn't fixed in today's patch... Unless it's been excluded from the patch notes? I haven't tested it yet
  • acutechb16_ESO
    I've got 3 broken quests in Stonefalls Veteran. Can't move to Deshaan until this is fixed. I'm at work, has anyone tested the new patch yet?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    rosconeko wrote: »

Wasn't fixed in today's patch... Unless it's been excluded from the patch notes? I haven't tested it yet
    This actually didn't pass testing, so you're correct that it wasn't included in today's patch. We're trying again for next Monday, though!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just encountered the same bug.. again.
    Why are more and more objects not clickable anymore although they worked perfectly before? I'm tired of submitting bugs all the time, it's just a waste of time, really!
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Anubis
    Anubis
    ✭✭
    Funny, how quests, which were broken at the beginning, were fixed to be broken again months later... Had that problem in early access...
    'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark, uhm... US,Rockville (Maryland).' :blush:
    Edited by Anubis on July 1, 2014 6:49AM
    ~ Don't argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. ~
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem with this quest. I hope will be fixed in the next maintenance.
  • Milanna
    Milanna
    ✭✭✭
    This is still not working.

Neither is "Protecting the hall" where the system is not recognizing the fact that you have defended the hall and Hrogar wants you to go search for his sons. If you leave the house, the quest will fail and you will have to defend it again. Still does not progress to actually go look for his sons.

A lot of broken quests in Stonefalls at the moment.
    I did the area at launch. At that time the only problem I faced was the Balreth quest being bugged.

Now I know what beta-testing is like, only I am paying for the experience. :(
    EU-server
    Mila the True (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Milanna the Cold-hearted (Aldmeri Dominion)
    Raphael the Cunning (Ebonheart Pact)

NA-server
    Cassius Tanicius (Daggerfall Covenant)

I just found garlic, you blood-suckers better stay clear
  • acutechb16_ESO
    I hit 4 broken quests in Stonefalls in one day. They fixed the main quest last patch but the others are still broken.
  • Drahken
    Drahken
    Soul Shriven
    Hot fix it or its not worth coming back to 2 weeks later. Would take like 2 min to fix.
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every patch fixes 10 quests and breaks 5 others that were previously fixes and breaks 5 new ones that were previously fine. The number of broken quests is a constant. ;)

I've just hit this now and came for confirmation. Right-o then. Moving along until I hit the next bugged quest.
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if this bug is related to the recent changes in container looting distance.
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, this and "defending the hall" both bugged. :(
  • maocuko
    maocuko
    Soul Shriven
    It's still does not work ((( cannot click the altar. Please fix.
  • ravan8
    ravan8
    Soul Shriven
    Alter still does not work... seems to have been going on for a long time... how about a fix Zenimax/Bethesda.
  • ravan8
    ravan8
    Soul Shriven
    It is very nice that I got a comment badge through automated response... like wetting my black pants... feels nice and warm but nobody notices anything. Fixing the BUG would make players notice. Thank you.
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rosconeko wrote: »

This actually didn't pass testing, so you're correct that it wasn't included in today's patch. We're trying again for next Monday, though!
    Ah, okay. Thanks for the update.
  • macklikethetruck
    macklikethetruck
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem. Is there a list of "known issues" somewhere where I can check broken quests I have?
  • MKLS
    MKLS
    ✭✭✭
    Just to confirm its still not working
  • ZOS_JasonI
    ZOS_JasonI
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, all. Thanks for your patience. It's still our goal to provide this fix as soon as we can. We're still currently testing a fix.

Greetings, @macklikethetruck‌. We do have a Known Issues thread that we will update as soon as we can with more information about the status of this quest fix.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • shiva7663
    shiva7663
    ✭✭✭
    Completed this quest, so I can confirm that it is fixed. Thank you.