Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Phinix UI - Pre-configured addon setup for ESO - Update 6

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm2ma1DH2UE

(Older video, some mentioned addons no longer used. See next post for current list.)

PhinixUI is a combination of all the addons I currently use for Elder Scrolls Online, customized to suit my personal esthetic preferences. All of the addons in the video can be downloaded from ESOUI.com, and I highly recommend you download and install their Minion AddOn Manager to install and keep them updated.

If you like the look of this interface, check the download link below and the instructional video on how to set up PhinixUI quickly to make your game look just like mine does in the video (you still need to use the Minion AddOn Manager from ESOUI.com to install the addons first).

NOTE: The above video is slightly dated and the UI has improved considerably, though it is still a good reference to what you can expect.

DOWNLOAD PHINIXUI HERE.

Instructions for how to install:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sjZiDJXGL8
(Back up your SavedVariables folder!)

Enjoy!
Edited by Phinix1 on June 8, 2015 8:39AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPDATED FOR PATCH 1.6.x! (Update 6)
    (Make sure you use Minion to update all your addons!)

DOWNLOAD PHINIXUI HERE.

Instructions for how to install:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sjZiDJXGL8
    (Back up your SavedVariables folder!)

IMPORTANT: When you re-download PhinixUI, make sure you follow the instructions in the above video precisely. ZOS has fixed the problem with the account name getting left out of settings files this patch, so you do have to replace both the account and character names in the included files with your own.

NOTE: As of 3-2-15 all addons listed including those marked "must install manually" ARE working. Those marked "must install manually" are simply not available through the Minion download manager and must be extracted and copied to your Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns manually.

New additions/replacements:
    For Update 6 I have made a few tweaks here and there as well as added some new addons. Older addons that were discontinued have been replaced with alternatives where available/appropriate.

Here is the complete list of addons I currently recommend you download through the Minion addon manager (or manually as indicated) prior to installing PhinixUI (NOTE: You do not NEED to download ALL of these to use the PhinixUI config, but I highly recommend you do):
    Advanced Filters by: ingeniousclown, Randactyl
    APB - All Public Bosses by: Joe_Schmo2840 (must install manually, optional)
    AwesomeGuildStore by: sirinsidiator
    Azurah by: Kith (use Garkin's updated version)
    Binder by: Aiiane (optional)
    Chat Window Manager by: Phinix
    Clock - Tamriel Standard Time by: Tyx
    Combat Cloud by: Sideshow, Garkin, SektaNZ
    Crafting Material Level Display by: Marihk (optional)
    Destinations by: SnowmanDK
    Dungeon Levels by: Phinix (optional)
    Easy Quick Slots by: Jar-Ek (must install manually, optional)
    ESO Master Recipe List by: Phinix (optional)
    Foundry Tactical Combat by: Atropos
    Guild Store Search Extended by: tridman (optional)
    Harven's Custom Map Pins by: Harven (optional)
    Harven's Stack Split Slider by: Harven
    HarvestMap by: Shinni, Sharlikran (optional)
    Inventory Grid View by: ingeniousclown, Randactyl (optional)
    Joviex's Addon Settings Transfer by: Joviex (use my updated version)
    LibAddonMenu by: sirinsidiator, Seerah
    Lootdrop, Continued (All in One) by: Flagrick, Pawkette
    LoreBooks by: Garkin
    Lost Treasure by: CrazyDutchGuy
    Map Coordinates by: Garkin
    MiniMap by: Fyrakin
    MultiCraft by: DonutEnigma, Barvazon
    No, thank you! by: Garkin
    pNames by: Puddy, Ayantir (optional)
    RapidChant by: Aiiane (optional)
    Research Assistant by: ingeniousclown, katkat42
    Roomba - Guildbank Stacker by: Wobin, CrazyDutchGuy
    Show Motifs by: mra4nii
    Show Weapons While Mounted by: Udalrich
    SkyShards by: Garkin
    SpentSkillPoints by: Shinni
    Srendarr - by: Kith (use Garkin's updated version)
    Trophy Hunters by: Phinix
    Weapon Charge Alert by: ingeniousclown, katkat42
    Wykkyd's Framework by: Wykkyd
    Wykkyd's Full Immersion by: Wykkyd
    Wykkyd's Lib Silencer by: Wykkyd
    Wykkyd's Outfitter by: Wykkyd
    Wykkyd's Quest Tracker by: Wykkyd

IMPORTANT: Make sure and check "Allow out of date addons" from your character select screen under addons on the left. Out of date does not mean not working. More often than not out of date addons work perfectly, and simply need to update the internal version number to remove this flag. All of the addons I have listed above are verified working in Update 6.

COMMENTS AFTER THIS POST UP TO THE DUPLICATE OF THIS POST ON PAGE 2 ARE OLD AND SHOULD BE IGNORED.
    Edited by Phinix1 on June 8, 2015 8:29AM
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off, after spending some of my afternoon off playing with the new ADD-ONs, I got to say my game experience really has improved.

I had to tweak a few things, but for the most part I have things where I want them...

Except for one thing, and I hope @AlienDiplomat or someone who knows the answer can help me.

When I tab over a player with a bunch of buffs, the icons sometimes cover his/her name. Where is the setting to move the icons so that when someone has 5+ buffs active I can still see the character name?

I can upload a screen shot next time I'm in game if that helps.

Thank you
    someuser
    Edited by someuser on June 20, 2014 8:24PM
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
    Edited by Phinix1 on March 5, 2015 12:24AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
    Edited by Phinix1 on March 5, 2015 8:25AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice Layout. Gonna steal some of your ideas if you dont mind ;)
  • wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great compilation and informative Video (thanks YouTube for 2x speed). Many of these addons offer functions that should have been in the game from the start, as you mentioned. I hope the devs are taking a look at some of the great addons from time to time and take these ideas to improve usability.

While I'm happy that there are so many creative and talented authors, I'd rather want to use addons to add functionality not feel forced to install them for fixing and combatting usability issues. :wink:

That's why I hope that some of these addons will become obsolete after the next 3-4 patches.
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    @patros while I do agree, I don't see the devs adding any of the mods to the game... there is an obvious decision by the dev team for a certain "minimalist" approach to their UI and I think they "think" that gives ESO a certain signature feel.... To which it really doesn't... it just makes it feel like a console game.

Since adding AlienDiplomat's mods my game experience seems a LOT more like a PC MMO and a lot less like a console MMO.

• wookiefriseur
    wookiefriseur
    ✭✭✭✭
    @someuser‌
    Yeah, but I think that small things like more detailed stats (Softcapinfo+Harven's Extended Stats+SpentSkillPoints) should be integrated within the standard UI, even though that might be a console ./. PC thing too.

But the issues fixed / worked around by the following addonns are definitely not a console ./. PC thing:

Advanced Filters
    The standard inventory system is just a list with only a few filters, TESIII - Morrowind was better at that ^^. In ESO they went through all the trouble to categorise items accordingly just to put them on a huge list in the end, with everything in it. Advanced Filters tries to fix that. Hope it will be standard UI soon.

BatmanStoreFilter Edit: Yay, it's standard UI now with 1.2.3.
    Guild shops have an insufficient filter. Like with the inventory, the standard guild shop interface does not make apropriate use of the builtin categories. For console players a tight filter is even more important than for PC players. Imagine having to browse through a long list full of superfluous search results. At the moment we need Batman to fix that.

Edit: Crafting Material Level Display
    Standard UI with 1.2.3 now too, great :D

Roomba
    Adding items to the guild bank more than often does not fill existing stacks but is stored separately. That alone already is a bug. To prevent a duplication exploit, they disabled manual stacking within the guild bank. That is a work around for an exploit. Now we need an addon (Roomba) to clean that mess up so we don't have to do it all by hand. I hope they will manage to get that working properly, so that we don't have to roomba that.

Stack Split Slider
    On a console you would expect one in the game too, by default. Or you will have to use a turbo controller like in the old days.
    snpropad.jpg

Best Friends
    Unfilterable login notification in the chat don't sound like console friendly at all. I think this will be changed soon, moving logins to notification area like the addon does.
    Edited by wookiefriseur on July 1, 2014 1:24AM
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do agree with you @Patros 100%. Maybe I'm just being jaded...

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
    Edited by Phinix1 on March 5, 2015 12:24AM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    so happy you posted this. I was hatin' life w/o all my goodies :)

*EDIT*
    Is there anyway to adjust/move the compass w/o using Azurah? There is some small adjustments I would like to make to the UI...
    Edited by someuser on June 25, 2014 4:03AM

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For now I am just keeping the compass hidden using Wykkyd's Full Immersion, with a hotkey to show it when I want. Not familiar with any other addons that edit the size and position of the compass though I am sure they exist, but I would just wait for Azurah. I'm sure it will be updated soon.
    Edited by Phinix1 on March 5, 2015 12:25AM
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks!

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very helpful brother!

Lovin' having all my add-ons back. I think loot drop was updated in minion FYI.

EDIT:
    Azurah is not even showing up in my setting tabs (though I am getting an error).
    Edited by someuser on June 25, 2014 8:33PM

• Seaniv
    Seaniv
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for taking the time to thoroughly showcase so many add-ons there is a lot of work behind just that alone and it is appreciated.

Brilliant! for then following up with updates and solutions to getting as much as possible working again after the changes in the 1.23 patch.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Testing now.

Just to clarify, after downloading and over writing with the new PhinixUI, I still need to open up the files and, using notepad ++, replace "character name" with my main toon's name?

I took the liberty of doing that, let me know if that was right or wrong. Appreciate it!

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    someuser wrote: »
    Testing now.

Just to clarify, after downloading and over writing with the new PhinixUI, I still need to open up the files and, using notepad ++, replace "character name" with my main toon's name?

I took the liberty of doing that, let me know if that was right or wrong. Appreciate it!

Yep, you got it. That should be the only thing you need to change in the new files. I should probably update the video with a popup to that effect! :p
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    looks like everything is running as it should. thank you so much for taking the time to compile everything you have in this thread.

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
    Edited by Phinix1 on March 5, 2015 12:26AM
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About the stack splitter.... you can just type in the number!

Personally, I would feel like I was cheating if I used a lot of these. I feel bad enough checking a wiki to find things! But each to their own.

I like the minimalist look of the ESO interface, personally. Perhaps from that you can tell that this is the first mmo I've played for more than a couple of hours.

But, I can't deny that some of these would be quite useful. Even if I probably won't end up using any of them...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much appreciated! I did the major update and am pretty happy with the set-up. Only thing I noticed was I did not have the add-on that showed whether or not a "de-constructible item" had a researchable trait... not sure if I forgot to install (I uninstalled all my add-ons and then re-installed)... I'll have to look in to it tomorrow more.

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obsolete post edited...
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I updated the original addon list, and also added a bunch of popups to the main video describing which addons I no longer use and which have been replaced.

Thanks @someuser for the suggestion to check out the research addon. :)
    Edited by Phinix1 on July 14, 2014 1:18PM
  • Srugzal
    Srugzal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AlienDiplomat‌, the scope of these addons and their potential impact on gameplay are simply breathtaking. You're performing a very valuable service for the ESO community by not only recommending addons, but providing much additional value by packaging the setup files and providing comprehensive help.

Thank you!