Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

is it bad if your stats are overcharged?

ozm8ey
ozm8ey
✭✭✭
Hello guys I have a problem I'm a lv 16 heavy armor dragonknight, dual wielding and with a staff weapon but my dual wielding stats and heavy armor stats are over charged and it says I should consider using other stuff but i don't really want, anyway will this effect my character in any way down once i get to higher level, like will i be too weak or something?
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it's fine and totally normal. The more the better, even if it's overcharged.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • pez8897nub19_ESO
    The way I understand it: If your armor is overcharged, the level won't go up. (armor level)
    Edited by pez8897nub19_ESO on June 20, 2014 3:02AM
  • Blackhorne
    Blackhorne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends. Are ALL of the stats you USE overcharged? Is one way more overcharged than the others?

The way overcharging works is that once a stat reaches a soft cap, any additional points to that stat are added at 1/2 value. For example, if the soft cap for health at your level is 100, and you add something with +32 health when you're at 100, then you'll have 116 health.

Now this is level-based, so if you're just barely overcharged and you're still leveling, you'll probably not be overcharged once you level up.

To see detailed info on where your stats are in relation to the softcaps, including the points you've lost due to overcharging, you can use the SoftcapInfo addon:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info141-SoftcapInfo.html
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    nah its just the armor and dual wielding, everything else is fine
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    ozm8ey wrote: »
    nah its just the armor and dual wielding, everything else is fine

For armor it's fine, some even shoot for it as there is a hard cap above the soft cap for armor so although you get less value per armor point, you still do mitigate more until you hit the hard cap.

I think you mitigate 35% at the soft cap and 50% at the hard cap so there is definitely value until you bump up against the hard cap.