The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Coldharbour, More Like Herbharbour

ThePonzzz
ThePonzzz
✭✭✭✭✭
I have never seen so many herb nodes in any other town. Coldharbour is like an Alchemist's dream. Nearly have stacks of everything but mushrooms. Just wanted to share.

12220012.jpg
  • fambaab16_ESO
    fambaab16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Can send me Ladys Smock per COD 60 gold each @fambaa tnx :P
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Must be further in, I haven't found that many herbs there yet.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be further in, I haven't found that many herbs there yet.

It's mostly in the Hollow City. I haven't completed the main quest for the area yet, seems like everyone else likely has, so they aren't in the same phase, leaving me to reap the the benefits of being an alchemist!
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I find there is water hyacinth and the occasional bugloss, nirnroot.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »

Two laps around the Hollow City and the southern exit/entrance and I'm at about a dozen of everything you can find outside any mushrooms. I must be in some crazy weird phase that not too many people seem to be in.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you are not looking hard enough, or they changed something. Teleporting to a guild mate in the Hollow City before the main quest had started for me, I had exclusive access to perhaps 20 alchemy nodes along a convenient path around the city, enough to just run and harvest constantly. All or most kinds of herbs spawned, as I remember it.
    Then my unruly Khajit ate all the flowers. But that is another story.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wait a minute NIRNROOT, that's a plant that can only grow on NIRN, the planet Tamriel is on, it can't grow in other planes like cold harbour.

Seriously, this actually violates TES lore, the magical properties of Nirnroot are tied somehow to the existance of Nirn. Nirnroot re-enforces the existance of the planet/plane Nirn, but can't grow on other planes.

Oops there goes another piece of Lore.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on June 19, 2014 8:23PM
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait a minute NIRNROOT, that's a plant that can only grow on NIRN, the planet Tamriel is on, it can't grow in other planes like cold harbour.

Seriously, this actually violates TES lore, the magical properties of Nirnroot are tied somehow to the existance of Nirn. Nirnroot re-enforces the existance of the planet/plane Nirn, but can't grow on other planes.

The Hollow City was a piece of Nirn pulled into Coldharbour. :)
    Edited by ebondeath on June 19, 2014 8:30PM
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img][/img]50tYLWE.jpg
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ebondeath wrote: »

The Hollow a city was a piece of Nirn pulled into Coldharbour. :)

Ah, ok, that would allow nirnroot to be there for a short while, until it dies from being on the wrong plane.

I withdraw my objection.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ebondeath
    ebondeath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not versed in the finer points of planemelding, but it seemed like there was an incorporeal barrier around the city that may protect and maintain the atmosphere from Nirn. Now whether or not that includes soil I can't say.

Anyway, sorry for the derail.
    ╔═════════════⌈Alannah Corvaine⌋══════════════╗
    Rise, rise! To freedom, rise! Arise, ye Breton sons and daughters.
    Ride, ride! To freedom, ride! Truth and glory to the brave!
    ╚═════════════⌊VR 12 Breton NB⌉══════════════╝
  • Lachann
    Lachann
    Soul Shriven
    Urgh.. Now it's only a matter of time before people start b*tching about the amount of flowers in the Hollow City and Zenimax destroys my delicious, daily flower run. Gah...
    Clan Koragg - Welcome Home
  • BakaChan
    BakaChan
    ✭✭
    I've noticed bots farming in the city. Or I think they're bots, invisible person taking my herbs!

But I still love it.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BakaChan wrote: »
    I've noticed bots farming in the city. Or I think they're bots, invisible person taking my herbs!

But I still love it.

I've also noticed invisible persons taking my herbs, but only in the real world, and only after I've had too much.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they're under the world herb farming bots. Not as many as there used to be, fortunately.

Used to be all the time you'd see them popping out of a wayshrine, then doing the Superman thing to the next group of resource nodes.
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Yes, they're under the world herb farming bots. Not as many as there used to be, fortunately.

Used to be all the time you'd see them popping out of a wayshrine, then doing the Superman thing to the next group of resource nodes.

Cold Harbour is a herb farmer's dream because of that's where the bots hang out. Not much benefit for the bot farmers to gettting into the VR ranks compared to the time expense I guess.
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't want to drop spoilers, but I think I'm just out of phase with the bots right now, which makes it great to stockpile.
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Coldharbour is based on Colorado, it gets pretty cold there and they have lots of Herb now too.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Citations please for your assertion Nirnroot can't grow elsewhere.

As for its magical properties being tied to Nirn, I wouldn't know either, however even if that is supported by something in the lore then it doesn't mean it couldn't grow elsewhere.
    Edited by fromtesonlineb16_ESO on June 20, 2014 6:44AM
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes there is one bot out there.......grrr......its under the ground......and takes our HERBS! We need to grab the pitchforks and torches and hunt this lone bot down and kill it, hang it, and burn it till its dead, dead, dead!
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shhhhhh!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Citations please for your assertion Nirnroot can't grow elsewhere.

As for its magical properties being tied to Nirn, I wouldn't know either, however even if that is supported by something in the lore then it doesn't mean it couldn't grow elsewhere.

It was a book in game, it asserted that the magic qualities of Nirnroot were tied to the plane of Nirn. The reenforcement of the plane was probably my interpretation of the wording rather than lore, but the book does state that Nirnroot is tied to the plane Nirn somehow.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule