Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Templar] focused healing stealth nerf - why?

Tankqull
Tankqull
✭✭✭✭✭
the title says all.

why got it it restricted in 1.1.2 to only effect restoring light heals? when it clearly states that it "increases healing power" and not" increases restoring light healing power"...

templars haven´t been the most powerfull healers they were under best circumstances enpair with other classes in terms of healing... (most people tend to claim sorcs and especially Nbs were more effective).
Edited by Tankqull on June 12, 2014 5:11PM
spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• NerfEverything
    NerfEverything
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same reason biting jabs was nerfed. They don't want anyone playing templars.
  • ZDavis_ESQ
    ZDavis_ESQ
    Soul Shriven
    Same reason biting jabs was nerfed. They don't want anyone playing templars.

It saddens me terribly that I'm starting to believe that might be more truth than humorous cynicism.
  • ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Wait, wait. It's not since 1.1.2 - Focused Healing have never worked for non-templar heals. At least not since 6 weeks before early access when I first started testing it myself.

Also, try reading the whole tooltip next time - it's the very first thing there:
    "While using a Restoring Light ability"
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, wait. It's not since 1.1.2 - Focused Healing have never worked for non-templar heals. At least not since 6 weeks before early access when I first started testing it myself.

Also, try reading the whole tooltip next time - it's the very first thing there:
    "While using a Restoring Light ability"

well since i have focused healing(some where at the end of headstart) it exactly did that mutagen tics went up from 76 to 98 its additional tic if someone drops below 20% went up from 274 to 356, illustrious healing wen from 110 to 143.
    beside that compare the additional tooltip information of focused healin, piercing spear and spear wall and try to elaborate what each of those skills effect.
    focused healing is ment to effect every heal as long as some one is effected by the restoring light ground skills, otherwise it would state "while using restauring light abilities" like the tooltip of piercing spear and not "while having restauring light skills equiped".
    Edited by Tankqull on June 13, 2014 5:45PM

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @tankqullb16_ESO,
    You are pulling those numbers from nowhere and you know it. I am running extended ritual, channeled focus and regeneration 24/7 on my bar since before the official launch and never ever ever did regeneration tick for more while in any of the both circles. Also, your numbers are too high which means they are for developed character who should already have Restoration Expert and Restoration Master. You would have Mutagen morphed and not have the passive - wonder who would believe you. So, since all of these passives stack additively with Focused Healing (for Restoring Light skills), you would never see a true 30% increase in resto staff heals if it worked for them. Even if those numbers weren't blatantly fabricated, it would have been 1.35/1.05 = +28.5 due to Restoration Master already granting 5% and not the +30% you wrote. For mutagen since it kicks under 20%, Restoration Expert will be active so that number would be already increased by 5% + 15% = 20%. Additional imaginary 30% would have increased it by 1.5/1.2 = +25% instead of 30%.

Give pics/video of your claims or else they are worth nothing with these numbers you just forged for the post. The whole internet is against you, the numbers are against you, the tooltips are against you. By the way, the tooltips for Restoring Light are perfectly in line with the behavior as are the tooltops for Aedric Spear perfectly in line for their behavior. Dunno what you imply at all.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the numbers i posted are the numbers i have recieved the last months.
    why i shouldnt have morphed regeneration at lvl 30 of restoring light when i can get cleansing ritual the first time and earliest to test effectivly is up to you...
    i have no clue about mechanics nor do i care all that matters to me have been the raw numbers and the numbers i´ve posted were the numbers i had with vr2 where i spend tons of gold into respecs to test some things.

regarding tooltips the tooltip for focused healings is: "with a restoring light ability slotted" aswell on esohead its listed that way...
    [only german tooltip http://imgur.com/n05wUyD ]

Edited by Tankqull on June 14, 2014 12:20AM

• ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Then it seems that there is a problem in the German tooltips. English tooltips ingame are correct and Esohead tooltips are correct.

You may not have a clue about mechanics but this is what I mostly care of and have tested various things how they really work. And focused healing never worked this way.

So you claim these numbers are for a freshly respeced character with 2/2 Focused Healing, at least one point in Cleansing Ritual / Rune Focus, 2 points for Mutagen, 2 points for Illustrious Healing = 7 points total and not a single point in Restoration Master/Expert? I somehow don't believe you. By the way you should give the maximum magicka and weapon damage numbers from your character sheet to double check the numbers. But anyway, since you don't have image/video for it and now it is definitely not the working, it is safer to assume the whole internet is right and not are not.
  • TheGrimaceOR
    TheGrimaceOR
    ✭✭
    Healing increase passives work from the restro staff on templar heals, yet not the other way around. It has always been that way.
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then it seems that there is a problem in the German tooltips. English tooltips ingame are correct and Esohead tooltips are correct.
    the esohead tooltips changed yesterday after my post(crappy coincidence) as they run their updatetools on a ragular base ZOS changed the english tooltip some time ago, probably alongside their change to the mechanic trying to disguise their actions but forgot to change the non english tooltips alongside... somehow reminds me of the changes to puncturing strikes but as there are far less healers than dpsers the feedback is much smaller...
    and its rather hard to cast healing ritual or rushed ceremony while channeling rite of passage wich makes the inclusion of the last ability quite useless...
    You may not have a clue about mechanics but this is what I mostly care of and have tested various things how they really work. And focused healing never worked this way.

So you claim these numbers are for a freshly respeced character with 2/2 Focused Healing, at least one point in Cleansing Ritual / Rune Focus, 2 points for Mutagen, 2 points for Illustrious Healing = 7 points total and not a single point in Restoration Master/Expert? I somehow don't believe you. By the way you should give the maximum magicka and weapon damage numbers from your character sheet to double check the numbers. But anyway, since you don't have image/video for it and now it is definitely not the working, it is safer to assume the whole internet is right and not are not.
    nope the first thing i tested were the functionality of the restostaff passives so they had been skilled while testing healing focus.

• Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys ysi is obviously just a straight up troll. Best to ignore him. Last 10 of his posts I read are just complete obvious troll post. He probably doesn't even play a templar or have any idea about this game what so ever. All he does is write none sense to get people riled up, check his history, it's 100% troll posts.

And yea I agree OP. The stealth nerfs on templar need to stop.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    ysimeonoveb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    @Axer, I saw the list of attention seeking nonconstructive threads you have started. Now I wish there was an ignore functionality here so I don't waste time reading your posts.

Oh wait, there was a topic here. So, @Axer are you the second guy in the universe claiming that Focused Healing has ever worked for something else than Restoring Light? Please say yes, please say yes.