Pre-emptive "Don't nerf PVE" thread

• Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE does not really need narfing, what it does need is for EU server to be moved to EU. Dat lag is fun yo.

Welcome to the life of those who will not even get a server in the future :P.

But anyway OP , i cant talk about veteran ranks , i heard those are hard , but honestly , im lvl 35 templar , i can count 2/3 mobs/bosses that were actually hard , the rest was clearly easy.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • Cydramech
    Cydramech
    ✭✭
    Well. I hope you will enjoy playing the game with the 5 people left after 90% have left the game cause they are too casual to finish some of the main quest encounters. But then again, you wont enjoy it for long when the game closes down.

Being a casual player actually means one is constrained by time and has nothing to do with difficulty, and yet here you are insulting every casual player.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE does not really need narfing, what it does need is for EU server to be moved to EU. Dat lag is fun yo.

Welcome to the life of those who will not even get a server in the future :P.

But anyway OP , i cant talk about veteran ranks , i heard those are hard , but honestly , im lvl 35 templar , i can count 2/3 mobs/bosses that were actually hard , the rest was clearly easy.

Most of them you can come back after you outlevel it.

And the difficulty *really* changes if you pick up silver bolts. That ability easily makes or breaks most fights.

That shouldnt be the case.
    Options
  • aceofroars
    aceofroars
    Soul Shriven
    +1 on the NO-nerfs
    I am talking about actually getting things harder here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/77687/harder-anchor-events-general-review-of-anchor-events#latest

For the moment, dungeons are fine, medium difficulty i'd say, not really hardcore, though i am only lvl 40.

and lel to troll 90% people leaving ^^
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anchor events are a different story.

Mobs just dont have the hp to handle 10 people zerging it.
    Options
  • Mrunderwonder
    Mrunderwonder
    Soul Shriven
    Why would I ever care about content that I have finished being nerfed when new "harder" content is released? The old content is relevant only to new characters. They will eventually run into their "roadblocks" when they reach the current "harder" content.

I agree that they could make things alittle more group friendly as far as mob health is concerned. Scaling the mob health with the amount of people attacking similar to other MMO's would be nice to avoid the 4 sec kills on camped mobs and easy anchor events.
    Options
  • Magischzwei
    Magischzwei
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that makes this Game's PvE ANY challenging is the fact that 3/4 of the time you don't get an indication when you get stunned, you have terrible latency and the mechanics are klunky at best.
    Options
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing that makes this Game's PvE ANY challenging is the fact that 3/4 of the time you don't get an indication when you get stunned, you have terrible latency and the mechanics are klunky at best.

I don't mean to be mean but... if you can't tell when you're stunned... oh nevermind. This isn't an issue for me I can tell when my abilities aren't working or I can't move. I don't NEED a big icon telling me when i'm stunned. I also haven't had any latency issues.

I agree with the OP some of the things you run into take some strategy but I haven't run into much difficulty with a carefully planed out build.
    Edited by Laura on April 14, 2014 11:35AM
    Options
  • bearcalypse
    bearcalypse
    ✭✭
    This game is coming across as primitive and gen1 MMO based on how mobs don't scale with the number of players in an instance or just around the mob. Heck even your basic hack n slash games like Diablo 2/3 scales mobs and so do older MMOs. Heck old MMOs even had the option of scaling players to the level of the group leader.

If mobs scaled, the whole issue of public dungeon bosses dying in under 5 seconds before people can even get a hit in would be solved. If mobs scaled, you could invite helpers for your solo questline without trivializing it.

All this forced solo content seems like a workaround to account for the developers incompetence at coding scaling mobs. Which really doesn't make ZOS look good.

Edit: Oh and my pet peeve are the anchor events - everything dies too fast with lots of people around and you get mobbed too fast when u try it solo. This also needs to scale. FFS, hire some intern who fetched coffee at Blizzard or Cryptic, they could probably teach your guys how to implement scaling.
    Edited by bearcalypse on April 14, 2014 1:27PM
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If scaling is needed to increase the difficulty or HP of anchors bosses when several players are participating, then the scaling should go in the other direction as well. Some skull bosses are impossible for 1 and sometimes even 2 people to kill. You should not need a group of people to stand a chance with them. Similarly, the 4 player group dungeons and the upcoming 4 person Craglorn zone and the 12 person trials should all be scaled for whatever number of players tackles them, be it 1 or 50.
    Options
  • Bramir
    Bramir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cydramech wrote: »
    Well. I hope you will enjoy playing the game with the 5 people left after 90% have left the game cause they are too casual to finish some of the main quest encounters. But then again, you wont enjoy it for long when the game closes down.

Being a casual player actually means one is constrained by time and has nothing to do with difficulty, and yet here you are insulting every casual player.

Exactly. There is no rule stating that casuals are bad and raiders are good. Many casuals are bad, but many raiders would be so *** lost without their raid leaders you would think they had never played before. Both camps struggle when you can't look up every bit of information about each piece of content on the internet, which is where we are now.

I look forward to when I finish leveling a toon and I can start spanking elitist ass in pvp, but I look forward to the next level and next (hopefully) difficult quest even more. Keep them hard...
    Options
  • Kellhus
    Kellhus
    ✭✭
    I think lots of people are having trouble with bugs, not difficultly. Get the bugs fleshed out, then we can make a clear evaluation.

At 45, anything I found just horribly difficult I learned I was doing wrong -- changed a tactic, and it worked fine. The only thing that tends to reliably kill me are bugs now (attacks not going off, animations not showing, Motes in the Moonlight gating me from Cold Harbour).
    Options
  • bjschultzub17_ESO
    Idk, I've been stuck on fildgor for a while now and so I leave, explore, do some treasure maps, go to cryo, upgrade stuff, go back, lose, leave lol went into the rift, beat a bunch of stuff there beyond fildgor came back, still get whammied, but I haven't exactly tried certain stuff out either, my bow sucks as a NB but I could try it and/or a staff, Im not asking for a give, Ill go pick fights with giants and mammoths until I can figure it out, the stupid shoot 12 rabbits in under a minute is almost harder lol those types of quests bother me anyway, collect 10 of this kill 5 of that, its boring lol
    Options
  • Attronach
    Attronach
    ✭✭
    EU in US lag + crazy hard encouters = quit game.

Vicereeve is GROUP not solo mob. Developer who created this encouter can't mean this seiously.

Well done, didn't seen for last 10 years more stupid quest system when nobody can help you.
    Options
  • Ilstar
    Ilstar
    Soul Shriven
    First of all, I am a Night Blade, and I had no problem with the first 50 levels from the Ebonheart Pact perspective. In fact, I loved the experience, the visuals, the skills, the quests, and the story, and I think that this game has a great potential. I had no problem on the normal levels except in the battle with Mannimarco, where I died about 4 times, which at the time was the record for me, and only because I didn't heal myself. I really never healed in the previous 45 levels (except through potions).

Things have changed in Veteran Rank content. To me, Veteran Ranks are a way to save developers time, so they don't have to create levels with new skills and attribute points, and just want to frustrate you by forcing you to much more slowly get through the same kind of content, which in other games would be equivalent to content above level cap. Now I have two healing spells (one siphon and the other degeneration from the Mages' guild), although I never played to heal myself in any single player or mmo rpg, and it's still impossible to solo some Veteran Rank bosses.

The problem that I have now, being a build centered on stamina, archery, and 1st-person-view, is with the "forced soloable" VR Angof, Montclair, Battlemage Papus, Septima Tharn, and now the Hound (I soloed all the rest in 15 zones now). It honestly feels stacked against me. Try killing a mob with 150 normal max damage, while s/he has 36k health, hits you for 400-500 from range, cannot be kited because of the round/open area s/he is in, and you have a maximum of 2500 hp, which s/he quickly works through with the adds and telegraphs. I do all quests in the game, and I do not farm or grind. And, through the now "59" levels of the game, I have never seen any drop or been able to craft a fire/shock/spell resist item (yes, I am working on enchanting, and it's ridiculously hard to level in relation to other professions).

I am playing for the story, but I have never seen a solo difficulty like this in my humble 18 years of playing video games. I never complained explicitly to the developers because I thought that the problem was with me and my potentially obsolete gaming skills. I have quit this game and cancelled the subscription before (after they increased the difficulty with patch 1.1.2 and made playing with the bow only worse) and still came back again in the hope of working on my patience with the VR difficulty. I hope that what I have written will be considered in the future by the developers because I want to enjoy the game for its story quests and not be mad from its sometimes ridiculous difficulty. My advice is to make quests with helpful labels, such as solo, small group, or full group, like the Lord of the Rings online and many other games have.
    Options
  • Yann
    Yann
    ✭✭✭
    @Ilstar
    You are the worst kind of necromancer.
    Options