The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Suggestion to changing Immoviable

Durham
Durham
✭✭✭✭✭
In PVP I'm seeing to many casters with immovable with no heavy armor. Please think about changing this so that you need a certain amount of heavy armor. Its funny that you need no heavy armor and its an heavy armor ability. I think light armor get enough love without a light armor wearer getting some of our heavy armor love :) I believe that as RVR or PVP evolves this will become more critical.... There is general feeling in PVP that casters have become over the top compared to more endo melee centric toons...
PVP DEADWAIT
PVP The Unguildables
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, "with heavy armor equipped" seems logical requirement. Just like weapon skills/passives work.
  • aco5712
    aco5712
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imo, you should have to wear at least 5 pieces to get to use the skill from the armour tree.
    Banned for Naming and Shaming exploiters. Great ideology ZOS.
    #FreeLeo

Main: Vir Cor | Dragonknight
    Alt: Leo Cor | Nightblade
    Alt: Leonidas Cor | Templar

Guild: K-Hole
    Youtube: CorESO
    DK PvP Tank/DPS Hybrid Build (2.1+): Cor Leonis
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with OP. This design right now is terrible and it is in favor of light armor builds. Light armor build with immovable can be compared with 1h S/B combined with impulse :smiley: .
    Because I can!
  • Ninnghizhidda
    Ninnghizhidda
    ✭✭✭✭
    It truly sucks that you can still use the skill, since it is an "active" one, even with not a single piece of Heavy armour equipped.

At the very least it should require at least one piece equipped, preferably more. Since it is quite a powerful skill, and crucial in many situations.

The same requirement should be there for virtually any similar skill. Learning how to use something is a bit different from actually using it.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Endo is also weaker currently compared to magicka... A compariable endo armor set like the warlock set would help a ton.... Also change blocking to 270 imo and see how that works at first .360 blocking is unrealistic and requires no tatics and no skill........ increase endo reduction for blocking while using taunt style... lower the damage and decrease stamina usage on the taunt maybe put a dot on the style as the morph... Endo styles cost way to much currently when blocking and breaking CC... just some ideas...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • niocwy
    niocwy
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea.

If this is implemented, the main question is : will it need more than 2 pieces equipped ? If not, it will then accomodate the 5 medium/light, 2 heavy builds.

IMHO, 2 heavy pieces needed only seems fair (and same for other armor active skills)
    Look at my profile picture. Visualize that muffin...smelling it...taking a bite...
    Are you hungry now ?
    Good.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this happens , then the devs will have no need to balance the passives , since the active is so much better than the others to begin with.

I would rather them to keep it the way it is and make the passives better and in equal terms to the light armor ones , then they can buff the light armor active skill to be equal to immovable.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also one of the best armor sets for offensive melee is broke. (Hundings Rage)
    I have it and tested it .... no difference at all... It would be nice to get some melee sets like some of the magicka sets .... I would love to have a warlock set in endo :) Especially in the 3 piece slot.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables