Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dual Wield - Sparks Morph Question

tintin_milou
Hi everyone, I just advanced Sparks to the morph level. Just wonder which one, Heated Blades or Ember Explosion, is more useful? I know Heated Blade is against one enemy but gives 4 secs of 100% enemy melee attack miss. And Ember Explosion is against multiple enemies but had only 40% enemies melee attack miss.

They both have additional advantages, but I am more concerned about the enemy attack misses. Is it better to have a sure miss from one enemy or only 40% misses from multiple enemies?

Thanks for your help! :D
  • chaosme
    chaosme
    ✭✭✭
    I'll say it depends on what your intended use is. Is it to rush straight into a mob and use Ember Explosion and hope for the best? Or use Heated Blade against a single hard hitting mob so you can survive?

Personally I will stick to the 100% miss chance.
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried both and I personnaly prefere Heated Blade over Ember Explosion. Beeing able to negate melee attacks from a target adds a strategic layer to the skill and makes it very usefull to cover allies.

On the other hand, Ember Explosion is best used on classes that can already use blind skills like the DK Cinder Storm and the Templar Blinding Flashes sinds those skills stack the blind chance additively and allow for very strong melee areas of denial.
  • tintin_milou
    Thanks so much for your advice! :D

I was leaning toward a 100% enemy miss chance with Heated Blade, but was wondering if Ember Explosion might be better than I thought. Turns out EE is indeed underwhelming. I would rather have the damage perks in EE removed but restored miss chances to 100% from multiple enemies. :p
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    I picked EE. I figure mobs already have a miss rate so adding 40% to it raises it quite a bit. Id rather have 3 mobs missing me most of the time than 1 mob missing 100% and 2 mobs hitting me most of the time.