Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HUG LAG in groups..PvP

_subjectnamehere_
_subjectnamehere_
✭✭✭
As soon as I am invited to a group, even if it is just one other person, instant lag. And I mean instant. I cannot leave the group, I cannot fight, I cannot communicate, nothing. And then...the server boots me..."an unknown error has occurred."

I log back in, and the same. INSTANT LAG. I cannot leave the group, I cannot fight, I cannot communicate...nothing. The server promptly boots me again. I log back in...the same thing happens.

So basically, I cannot play.

What's up with this? My internet connection and computer specs. are more than sufficient to handle this game.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @_subjectnamehere_‌, could you please post your systems' specs here? (Apple Menu > About this Mac > More Info...).

Have you tried disabling/uninstalling all add-ons? Does the problem persist then?

Have you tried to repair the game files? (Launcher > Game Options > Repair)

Are you on WiFi, or do you use a network cable to connect to your router?

It looks that for some reason the client loses its network connection to the server. Maybe it's running into some timeouts, but that's hard to tell.
  • _subjectnamehere_
    _subjectnamehere_
    ✭✭✭
    Specs:
    Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
    Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
    Software OS X 10.8.5 (27-inch iMac, Late 2012)

I have a 1TB Hard Drive as well. My computer is connected directly to my router...no WiFi in my apartment. I am on a broadband cable connection.

I have not tried repairing the game files, but I have tried everything else you listed. I will try repairing the game files and see if that helps.

I mean...aside from the instant lag and constant disconnects as soon as I join a group, I can only play about 30-40 minutes of PvP until the Mac Client crashes anyways, even on low settings. It's that memory leak issue that they are still working on I assume...

Thanks for your input...hope this helps.

• Teevesnacks
    Teevesnacks
    ✭✭✭
    Might have to stop hugging in pvp groups
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have the same problem a lot. It has been happening since launch, mainly in heavily populated servers.
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've identified a fix for the lag players are encountering when grouped. The issue will be fixed when we push v1.2.3 next week.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've identified a fix for the lag players are encountering when grouped. The issue will be fixed when we push v1.2.3 next week.
    Good news indeed. Hopefully it will improve the overall performance in big battle PvP for both clients (assuming that this is not a Mac specific issue which I don't believe it is)
  • LavaDrop
    LavaDrop
    Yeah you shouldn't hug in PvP, unless you obliterated every opponent B)