The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Either come up with a real plan to take care of the bots or offer refunds.

• joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they'd be a lot more effective at clearing out bots if they didn't refund the cost of the game when banning them. However, I don't think the OP deserves a refund. It's annoying when you don't have the opportunity to fight a boss, but I think you're overstating your case.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

• Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ciannait wrote: »
    Loco_Mofo wrote: »
    Redsun wrote: »
    Bots = $$$
    Zenimax loves $$$

How do bots benefit Zenimax? You want to explain?

A lot of people really don't get that the credit cards used to purchase the game copy and subs for the bots and farmers are stolen (sometimes in batches, like old-school IRC style, sometimes from gold buyers - way to go, guys) and ZOS will probably have to pay all that money back in the form of chargebacks.

This is why banks hate dealing with MMO companies, the level of fraud is sky-high. (Or should I say levitating-bot-high...)

Exactly.
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'd be a lot more effective at clearing out bots if they didn't refund the cost of the game when banning them. However, I don't think the OP deserves a refund. It's annoying when you don't have the opportunity to fight a boss, but I think you're overstating your case.

Legally they don't have any other choice but to offer a full refund, due to consumer protection laws especially in the EU.
  • sylviermoone
    sylviermoone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    @ZOS_EveP Instead of just moving more duplicate topics to GD would it be possible for ZOS to have one centralised topic pinned in GD listing what they're doing about bots, links to relevant information, a guide to how to report them most efficiently.
    Then any new threads started on the subject can be locked with a message saying...
    "Thank you for your concern but we would ask that you please see our official thread about the war on bots here (link) and post your concerns there. Duplicate threads cause clutter on the forums and we're trying to keep it tidy for the enjoyment of everyone."

It's getting a little stupid just how many threads about the same issues are cluttering up the forums now.

So much this. /cheer

Co-GM, Angry Unicorn Traders: PC/NA
    "Official" Master Merchant Tech Support
    and Differently Geared AF
    @sylviermoone
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    It doesn't really matter how often ZOS kills the bots, they will just keep on coming back. As long as there are buyers who use their services, the bots will continue on farming gold/resources to meet the demand.
  • Darlantan
    Darlantan
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are quite funny... I am leveling 8 characters and not once did i find the need to pay a gold farmer for anything. The only thing i would do to them can't be posted...

Also, if the people did not buy from them the trouble would go away. It's the "now generation or can't wait and i most have it now" that causing the trouble. They want thing so bad they prefer to risque being banned and have their card stolen just to have it now.

If a player buy from a gold seller they should be banned if they are repeat offender...
    We are One >:)
  • Leesha
    Leesha
    ✭✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »
    Every MMO has some amount of bots. I don't know of any other where you can go in a dungeon and literally see a chain of 40 of them all with the exact same setup, doing the exact same route, turning on a dime and killing everything the second it spawns with no attempt at all to hide that they are botting.

I will agree that the sheer numbers seem worse in ESO than in any other game I've played but there are just as many in games like wow, we just don't see them.

Anyone who's leveled anything through the Wrath expansion in the past few years knows the gold farmer bots just love farming the dungeons in hellfire and stormpeaks. You can sit outside and watch the steady stream of them for hours and it looks the same as the wayshrines in ESO. We don't see them affecting our gameplay because they are in instanced dungeons. The last time I've seen bots out in the open world in wow they were players too lazy to gather things themselves.

Edited by Leesha on May 22, 2014 5:25AM
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlantan wrote: »
    If a player buy from a gold seller they should be banned if they are repeat offender...

They should be banned for doing it once.

Less gold buyers = less bots
  • Darlantan
    Darlantan
    ✭✭✭
    Loco_Mofo wrote: »
    Darlantan wrote: »

They should be banned for doing it once.

Less gold buyers = less bots

I wrote that at first but since some people might not have know the first time they did it, i decide to change it. That way, i would have allowed them a second chance to redeem themselves but after that, they would have got the hammer... for the gold seller, they can't get a second chance, it's the hammer the first time they are caught.
    We are One >:)
  • Shamusangus_24

Is this guy serious?[/quote]

In his mind yes he was serious.

Some people are just obtuse.

[/quote]

Y46ikNb.gif

Edward Van Healen
    Aldmeri Dominion - Breton - Templar

Guild: Dirty Pundies
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭
    wow has battled bots for 13 years... you must think theres a bot off switch or something. they are a well funded business..although it would seem they like bots since they nerfed motif drops so bad that's just a huge invitation to get them from the only place you can get them...gold sellers they made them super rare and super expensive...a gold sellers wet dream
  • JoyEnergiser
    JoyEnergiser
    ✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    Khandi wrote: »
    mutharex wrote: »
    Khandi wrote: »
    In other MMO's that I have played there are generally some launch issues. What I have seen other MMO's do is not offer refunds but they offer free months. Tera had some issues and gave at least one month at no charge maybe even two months.

Point is, that offering refunds, from a business standpoint, is not going to happen. No company will take money out of their bank accounts unless they have no other option.

.....but I do think that the player base does deserve some compensation for all this mess and in my (not very) humble opinion, the 5 days we got was just plain measly.

TERA was dying the week after it opened.. hardly the same thing. Hell, it even had already gone F2P back home in Korea and shut down in Japan

Thank you for missing my point entirely.

I didn't, I just corrected a glaring mistake:using a game that was dead before coming out as example isn't very helpful to prove your point

Enjoy the next MMO, hope it works out for you.
  • gronbek
    gronbek
    ✭✭✭
    Yes,this overcrowded issue in the dungeons is a game breaker for me. If nothing is done about this I wil quitl
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShintaiDK wrote: »
    One day this one TV channel didnt work for some hours. I demanded a refund right away for all the channels for a whole month!

/sarcasm

Anyway, to the Op. Just move on. Come back later. that single public dungeon is not the end of the world for you.

IF it was one public dungeon I would agree with you 100%. I honeslty didn't see the big deal with bots because I was always in VR content. Decided to make an alt and even the level 10 solo/public dungeons had trains of these guys. So far leveling the alt in regular areas every public dungeon in the AD has been swamped and a majority of the solo dungeons as well. Usually about 10+ in chains in the solos and 40+ in chains in the publics. This is just one instance of the game in one realm so I have to assume there are thousands of bots at any given time in the game.

As far as every game has them you just don't see them in other games, I'm not sure that is true but lets just pretend it is. Well we have the invisible ones also. It is more the fact that they feel so secure doing it and they have so much of an upper hand on ZOS that they don't even feel they have to hide at all. That proves that ZOS doesn't have the situation under control.

Truth is I love this game and don't really want a refund I just want ZOS to take command of the situation. A title like this has got this thread a lot of views and maybe eventually ZOS will realize they are going to lose a lot of customers if they can't fix it. The only thing that makes me want to quit this game is constant gold spam, gold spam emails and entering a place to see blatant botting.

What do I really want from ZOS? I want to be able to report rampant botting in an area and have a GM show up and at least take a look at the situation. We don't have to see the GM they can just show up invisible and see it. They need to address that the current way of reporting is't suffecient. There is no way to get these guys to slow down enough for us to see the character names. If you do get a glance it is hard to write down Abljou Ahouehl with the 2 seconds you have to see the name, much less to pull up a menu to report. Also I would like to see a way when I report a gold seller, to report as a gold seller that automatically ingores that accoun. Finally when I put in tickets on actual game matters that are stopping my progress I would like to hear something back right now I never hear anything back on tickets at all.
  • Robocles
    Robocles
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Legally they don't have any other choice but to offer a full refund, due to consumer protection laws especially in the EU.

Wait... so they have to refund their money if they violate the agreement they made when the launched the game?

That seems odd... and I hope overly simplistic. Otherwise, anyone who decided they didn't like the game could just do something to get banned and get their money back.

Or, am I misunderstanding what you are saying?
  • Eris
    Eris
    ✭✭✭✭
    I generally take the time to report 1 bot in the herd of bots and comment that there are others with it in the description section.

Otherwise, I don't really worry about the bots. They don't generally effect me one way or the other. I've not seen them enough to care.
    Side effects of reading messages on forums can cause nausea, head aches, spontaneous fits of rage, urination due to intense laughter, and sometimes the death of your monitor or other object in throwing range. If you find that you are reading forums more than 24 hours a day, please consult your nearest temporal physicist.
  • ciannait
    ciannait
    ✭✭✭
    Robocles wrote: »

Wait... so they have to refund their money if they violate the agreement they made when the launched the game?

That seems odd... and I hope overly simplistic. Otherwise, anyone who decided they didn't like the game could just do something to get banned and get their money back.

Or, am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Nope, you aren't misunderstanding, and it'd be an interesting way for people who knew they never wanted to come back to get a refund, now that you mention it...