Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Either come up with a real plan to take care of the bots or offer refunds.

kitsinni
kitsinni
✭✭✭✭✭
This is absurd you can't even do half the content in public solo dungeons because or 40+ bots in a chain. You are lucky to get in a hit on a boss, killing the regular mobs is near impossible. No chance of getting the achievment and if you do it probably is bugged anyway. They make no effort to even cover up their botting. If you can't do anything about it offer us a refund. If it is not worth the cost to have GM's in game patrolling the most heavily botted areas that are infested 24/7 then refund the purchase price of the game.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    ....yeaaaaaah good luck with that
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kitsinni wrote: »
    This is absurd you can't even do half the content in public solo dungeons because or 40+ bots in a chain. You are lucky to get in a hit on a boss, killing the regular mobs is near impossible. No chance of getting the achievment and if you do it probably is bugged anyway. They make no effort to even cover up their botting. If you can't do anything about it offer us a refund. If it is not worth the cost to have GM's in game patrolling the most heavily botted areas that are infested 24/7 then refund the purchase price of the game.

You would have better luck bringing democracy to cuba
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• ZOS_EveP
    ZOS_EveP
    ✭✭✭
    This topic has been moved to General Discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just seemed to fit here. :D
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any kind of response whatsoever in weeks from ZOS regarding bots which is strange considering the rage. I wonder if they're getting ready to drop a nuke on em' and they don't want to tip their hand.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weberda wrote: »
    I haven't seen any kind of response whatsoever in weeks from ZOS regarding bots which is strange considering the rage. I wonder if they're getting ready to drop a nuke on em' and they don't want to tip their hand.

But they did restructure the forum.

.... so, there's that.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just find it strange that they haven't said a word.
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »

.... so, there's that.

Because that's totally the same team at work.

/facepalm
    ----
    Murray?
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

.... so, there's that.

/facepalm

Yeah ... not much one for detecting sarcasm, are you?
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

.... so, there's that.

/facepalm

Yeah ... not much one for detecting sarcasm, are you?

I detected the sarcasm, and it was still directed at ZO, which was pointless, because it treats the developers and the forum teams as part of the same group. Words can hurt, you know.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    In other MMO's that I have played there are generally some launch issues. What I have seen other MMO's do is not offer refunds but they offer free months. Tera had some issues and gave at least one month at no charge maybe even two months.

Point is, that offering refunds, from a business standpoint, is not going to happen. No company will take money out of their bank accounts unless they have no other option.

.....but I do think that the player base does deserve some compensation for all this mess and in my (not very) humble opinion, the 5 days we got was just plain measly.
    Edited by Khandi on May 21, 2014 3:08PM
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• Jedi467
    Jedi467
    Soul Shriven
    Wait, bots in the dungeons? (that's still going on after the loot nerf?) I thought this was gonna be about the bots farming up every single crafting material in the game world via speed/teleport hacks.

Seriously, i was unable to craft my new sorc alt even a single piece of gear because i could not get enough materials to refine even once. Reported 3 teleport bot hackers though when they stopped long enough for me to get their character names.

But seriously, i have almost no motivation to play this game anymore because the bots and hackers are dominating every non-quest source of in game money, which means if i want to do something like buy a non-imperial horse, or respec a character, i have no alternative but to buy gold from the damn gold sellers right now, and on top of that if i want crafting materials i gotta go to them too!

I do not have words to appropriately express how bad this situation is, all i can say is i and the rest of my guild are already playing other games and hoping against hope that Zenimax will figure out how to fix their own game before we settle into another one.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jedi467 wrote: »
    Wait, bots in the dungeons? (that's still going on after the loot nerf?) I thought this was gonna be about the bots farming up every single crafting material in the game world via speed/teleport hacks.

Seriously, i was unable to craft my new sorc alt even a single piece of gear because i could not get enough materials to refine even once. Reported 3 teleport bot hackers though when they stopped long enough for me to get their character names.

But seriously, i have almost no motivation to play this game anymore because the bots and hackers are dominating every non-quest source of in game money, which means if i want to do something like buy a non-imperial horse, or respec a character, i have no alternative but to buy gold from the damn gold sellers right now, and on top of that if i want crafting materials i gotta go to them too!

I do not have words to appropriately express how bad this situation is, all i can say is i and the rest of my guild are already playing other games and hoping against hope that Zenimax will figure out how to fix their own game before we settle into another one.

I have had absolutely no issues leveling crafting with the bot presence, mainly because crafting is leveled through deconstruction, not creation. Not being able to farm mats isn't actually a huge issue for this. For actually crafting at VR levels, I've had no problems finding the mats I need, both through deconstruction and refining.

You always have an alternative to cheating: it's called playing the game. Most of us are perfectly capable of doing it, even with bots in the game. And if you think there's some amazing MMO out there that actually doesn't have bots, I can't wait for your rude awakening. Stop excusing the behavior of the gold-buyers. They're the problem.
    ----
    Murray?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khandi wrote: »
    In other MMO's that I have played there are generally some launch issues. What I have seen other MMO's do is not offer refunds but they offer free months. Tera had some issues and gave at least one month at no charge maybe even two months.

Point is, that offering refunds, from a business standpoint, is not going to happen. No company will take money out of their bank accounts unless they have no other option.

.....but I do think that the player base does deserve some compensation for all this mess and in my (not very) humble opinion, the 5 days we got was just plain measly.

TERA was dying the week after it opened.. hardly the same thing. Hell, it even had already gone F2P back home in Korea and shut down in Japan
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people think there are a lot of bots here they want to have a look at Mech Warrior Online.

Bots as far as the eye can see.

Even the players are bots.

7e188aaea716bc6f895bf4bf540ddca7776d9acf78bdde0d2ff48964ac6ed40b.jpg
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And if you think there's some amazing MMO out there that actually doesn't have bots, I can't wait for your rude awakening.

Is this guy serious?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And if you think there's some amazing MMO out there that actually doesn't have bots, I can't wait for your rude awakening.

Is this guy serious?

Yes he is. ALL games that have a decent player base have bots (yes even WOW), only Dead Men Walking MMos don't have them

The fact that after a few years they have been reduced in number and are not as evident as in TESO is because TSEO just came out. Didn't you play FFXIV:ARR??
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this guy serious?

Yep, all games have bots, but they're not as open and brazen about their presence, as we see in ESO.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

TERA was dying the week after it opened.. hardly the same thing. Hell, it even had already gone F2P back home in Korea and shut down in Japan

Thank you for missing my point entirely.

~Oscar Wilde

• kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every MMO has some amount of bots. I don't know of any other where you can go in a dungeon and literally see a chain of 40 of them all with the exact same setup, doing the exact same route, turning on a dime and killing everything the second it spawns with no attempt at all to hide that they are botting.

I'm sorry if the GM's are not able to tell that the line of 40 templars all holding the same weapon types with names like aslkjf all running within inches of eachother all using the same exact attack, turning at the same exact spots are bots then we really do deserve a refund.

AION was renowned for the amount of bots it had at launch and it is nothing compared to this.
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭

Is this guy serious?

In his mind yes he was serious.

Some people are just obtuse.

~Oscar Wilde

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't, I just corrected a glaring mistake:using a game that was dead before coming out as example isn't very helpful to prove your point
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every MMO has some amount of bots. I don't know of any other where you can go in a dungeon and literally see a chain of 40 of them all with the exact same setup, doing the exact same route, turning on a dime and killing everything the second it spawns with no attempt at all to hide that they are botting.

I'm sorry if the GM's are not able to tell that the line of 40 templars all holding the same weapon types with names like aslkjf all running within inches of eachother all using the same exact attack, turning at the same exact spots are bots then we really do deserve a refund.

AION was renowned for the amount of bots it had at launch and it is nothing compared to this.

The only difference is that you see these bots. In other MMOs, there was no real benefit for bots in kill-farming, so they focus on tunneling/flying around and farming resources. Since ESO is a game where there's an actual benefit for players in running public dungeons (which is a good thing), there's something for the bots to exploit there.

This has nothing to do with the botting problem being better or worse than other games: it's simply a question of what is beneficial for gold-sellers in this game compared to others.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭

I didn't, I just corrected a glaring mistake:using a game that was dead before coming out as example isn't very helpful to prove your point

Wrong again. My comment was not about ESO vs Tera.

~Oscar Wilde

• frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bots don't bother me. There I said it.

I don't craft so i don't farm mats, they don't get in my way ever, usually I do not even notice them that often. I'm sure gatherers are the most effected when they are stealing mats, and a few mobs being killed here and there. There Isn't an open economy for them to exploit so be real thankful there wasn't an auction house developed at this time.

Yes we have not heard a word from Zeni about what there plans are, because if the botters knew what the plans were, they would be trying to find a way around it before its even implemented. One day were gonna just log on and continue playing and after like a week were gonna say hey....where did all the bots go?
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bots don't bother me. There I said it.

I don't craft so i don't farm mats, they don't get in my way ever, usually I do not even notice them that often. I'm sure gatherers are the most effected when they are stealing mats, and a few mobs being killed here and there. There Isn't an open economy for them to exploit so be real thankful there wasn't an auction house developed at this time.
    Was gathering resources in Stros M'Kai last night, when a bot teleported to the node I'd just reached to grab the resource, and then teleported away.

Then was just in-range of an iron node, when an underground pickaxe harvested it from under my character.

Fun times.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

• SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Please...I bought my horse with gold I made from selling stuff I looted or mined. I have 5K plus in the bank right now. All from mundane collecting and looting and quests, nothing else. There is no reason at all to buy gold in this game. And horses were never intended to be cheap.

Buying gold is the lazy way out.

• steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One day were gonna just log on and continue playing and after like a week were gonna say hey....where did all the bots go?

That's what happened after the first 'crack down'.

The answer turned out to be:

'Behind you'.

• robacooperb16_ESO
    robacooperb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Uhhh Achievements don't really count for anything progress-wise so it really isn't prohibiting your progress.

Yes the bots are annoying, yes Zeni is working on it, and yes GMs do appear in game to deal with them (have seen it), but to demand a refund simply because you can't complete an achievement? That demanding sense of entitlement (though not as bad as the class action clown) is fairly annoying as well.
    The only negative experience in ESO is those that make it negative.