Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Dual Wield vs 2H

ConciseRex
ConciseRex
✭✭
So I run a Dual Wield Light Armour NB at VR6, the thing is my bar consists of 4 class ability's and 1 weapon ability (Blood Craze) but was wondering what really does more damage between DW and 2H as the actual ability's they provide are pretty irrelevant as they will just be a stamina dump for me. So Active skills aside and would 2H or DW be more effective for me.

Build.
http://www.esohead.com/calculator/skills#mcRXt0k9cW0mwE8IrgV8IryJ8w2BO8GFtc8IPUI8GHRk85oL7JcdoQr6MdoQC6MdoQF6MdoQJ6MdoQK8t7HLsgZ6MwS3c6MwUlN6MwYle6MwYlv6MwYl28C7Drzqa6rzqu6MGFWc6MGFWi6MGFWA6MGFWn8D7DrzdM6rzdm6MIsaM6MIrv36MIrEf6MIrEh8F7Drbut6MIPAh6MIPAT6MIPAv857azx3TH6cx3TJ6cx3TO6cx3T38zf7zzNbo8zu7zzHfYE6zHfZd8zG7zzHQ3F8zI7zzJIoX6zJIkL8zN7zzJZcY8zA7zzKpUN8zL7zzK4EX
  • Kyotee0071
    Kyotee0071
    ✭✭✭
    From what I see.

You only have one slot on your bar for a stamina dump weapon ability on that bar.

You are lacking a gap closer if that interest you.

If you swap 2H in and pick up crit charge / morphs you can gain burst dmg, another smaller burst heal, and most importantly a gap closer all stamina based and attached to a single ability. That sounds more intriguing to me vs a dot/heal from a single ability that dual wield offers.

Blood craze while nice, has a effect that doesn't work on a lot of mobs in game. Also in my past pvp experiences over the years burst owns DoT abilities.

I'm actually toying with running my NB as 2h and DW. 2h for single target with stamina based gap closer and execute that can be used at 50 % or lower. DW for AoE and our class skills and the magicka based really strong execute that can be used at 24 % or lower. Of course 2 executes could prove redundant, in which case I would probably go with the night blades version as it seems much stronger.

Keep in my mind NB is just a baby. So my opinion might not mean much to ya. Just sharing my thoughts.

Also plan to level up bow for magma shot / kiting when needed and to mix up pvp possibilities. As well as light armor resto/destro staff caster build. I'm totally skipping 1h/shield, as I have no plans of tanking on the NB.
    I didn't think my hangover was that bad this morning until I spent 10 minutes trying to log into my old Etch-A-Sketch

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two handed lets you charge your target, dual wield lets you kite it.
    Depending on what kind of NB you are, kiting might be a smarter thing to do than charging.
  • ConciseRex
    ConciseRex
    ✭✭
    You both provide could points and I do tend to start from melee range and stay there I do rarely kite so maybe 2H would work better. My second bar is AOE Desto so I do recommend that when leveling it was awesome up to 50 then good for VR Dungeons (Solo not so much). My entire build is burst so will give 2H a try I guess cheers!