Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Temp Backlash morph - what is power?

Mephos
Mephos
✭✭✭
One of the morphs says that it will increase my power for 2% for the first 5hits over 7 seconds, but what is power?

is this weapon damage or what will be increased in damage.

I just want to know if this increases the damage of aedric speer but I don´t want to pay 20k gold to find that out.

maybe someone uses it and knows?

esohead.com/skills/27587-power-of-the-light
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    Mephos wrote: »
    One of the morphs says that it will increase my power for 2% for the first 5hits over 7 seconds, but what is power?

is this weapon damage or what will be increased in damage.

I just want to know if this increases the damage of aedric speer but I don´t want to pay 20k gold to find that out.

maybe someone uses it and knows?

esohead.com/skills/27587-power-of-the-light

Weapon damage.
    Edited by Niffo on May 18, 2014 2:32AM
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Power is a general stat that increase the damage of both weapon damage skills and spell damage skills.
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    ok, thx for the answer :)
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    Axer wrote: »
    Power is a general stat that increase the damage of both weapon damage skills and spell damage skills.

The buff from Power of the Light is only for weapon damage.
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    mhm, so what now? man I hate those tooltips ingame they just don´t tell you anything
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    Mephos wrote: »
    mhm, so what now? man I hate those tooltips ingame they just don´t tell you anything

They aren't reliable at all, but if you're wondering about which morph to take, take Power of the Light since everyone can benefit from 10% extra weapon damage. The radius on the other morph Purifying Light is too small and ticks too slow to be of any worth, it has about 3-4 meter radius which sometimes isn't big enough to let you stand on it with PvE collision detection.
  • Mephos
    Mephos
    ✭✭✭
    thx for the hint, I still took the healing since I´m mostly a solo pve player and an additional heal always helps for bosses :)

but thx for the answers man, really appriciated it
  • RangerChad
    RangerChad
    ✭✭✭
    I actually prefer the heal morph, saves my butt sooo much.
  • Axer
    Axer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Niffo wrote: »
    Axer wrote: »

The buff from Power of the Light is only for weapon damage.

True.

He asked a confusing question though.

Power is as I stated it. The buff that gives is not power, it's weapon damage. (Description is pretty poor and unclear like alot of them in this game)
    Axer. Main tank and Leader of Crush it! (NA-EP highly skilled trials guild)