Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Nightblade and sneak

Faustes
Faustes
✭✭✭
A full heavy armor tank dragon knight sneaks just as effectively as a full light armor nightblade. Why?

By effective I mean in terms of detection
Edited by Faustes on May 17, 2014 1:23PM
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because neither light armor nor heavy armor are designed for stealth, medium armor is.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im wearing 7/7 medium armor yet heavy armor users are just as stealthy as i am.
    How is that, now?
    They move slower while stealthing but they are not easier to find as they should, their detection radius being much larger.
    Edited by Gisgo on May 17, 2014 2:07PM
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The in/out of combat mechanics are f'd up..
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    The in/out of combat mechanics are f'd up..

Absolutely, and the stealth radius mechanic in my opinion is broken too.
    I cant find stealthers, no matter the armor they are wearing, unless i am literally on top of them: i would expect this to be the case with medium armor users, not with everyone crouching.

Mind you this isnt a complaint about NBs, im just talking about armors here.
    Edited by Gisgo on May 17, 2014 2:19PM
  • Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    Said that today to my friends.
    Nightblade should have passives that increases hidden/stealth movement speed by alot, almost to the point to moving at same speed as normal walking.

Maybe even making shadow cloak faster then normal walking? hell, it wouldnt be more powerful then sorc blink
  • wayfarerb14_ESO
    wayfarerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NB do have the option to increase stealth movement- use concealed weapon and it increases your stealth movement by 20% while it's slotted in your skill bar. I think there are a couple other things that increase stealth too, but I'm not looking at the chart right now.

Also, if other players are finding you first, they're either using a potion or magelight.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, a whole 20% speed boost at the cost of a 40% armor debuff... thats f... amazing! -_-
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on May 17, 2014 8:33PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With concealed blade & vamp stealth speed buff I actually move faster in stealth than unstealthed.

Its bugged though so every time I die I have to relog.

With Khajiit you also get a stealth buff.

Even so I agree NB needs a passive stealth speed buff, esp taking into account pvp assassination. before I got vamp buff it was very hard to sneak up behind someone unless they were just standing there, leaving me feeling it was a bit gimped.
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Selodaoc
    Selodaoc
    ✭✭✭
    Its almost impossible to sneak up to someone in PvP unless their incredibly stupid and stand still for ages in the open.

NB need reliable movement speed in stealth to set up their attacks other then teleport strike.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if you could actually get into melee range with stealth. As-is, you either have to be a vampire, be attacking someone who isnt moving at all (meaning probably afk), or you have to use a ranged weapon from stealth.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank