Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When You Want To Group, Please Ask In A Tell First

• poodlemasterb16_ESO
    poodlemasterb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turn down most of them, I get a lot. I think it maybe because I have a dedicated group of crafters and my chars look really good. I mix and match armor types for my group, my witch is amazing. Altmer witch with Dunmer steel curiass and greaves and mostly Altmer light for the rest. It's all on purpose so it a bit more together than your usual picked up armor set. Hilarious as I am a total slob in real life. Whatever is next in the drawer.

I group up for anchors and dungeons only. The rest of the time my purpose is probably boring.

I am set up for Cyrodiil and there I will group with friends mostly, although I am open to off the wall stuff on occasion.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always decline random invites if they don't say anything first.

• Raubrey
    Raubrey
    ✭✭✭
    And you think the people who can't be bothered to send a /tell are reading this forum?

Greybeards & Gals Founder
    greybeardsandgals.com
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the random invites. I have no problems accepting the invite or declining them. I've never sent out an invite before, just because I figure people are doing their own thing all the time.

I sometimes hang out in front of group dungeons and read the LF Healer or LFG messages, and instead of me replying to them, I will execute some of the healing abilities I have, such as Purifying Ritual and Breath of Life. After that, I usually get approached with an invite. Which was my intention. :D
  • Sue_D_Nim
    Sue_D_Nim
    ✭✭✭
    I also find blind invitations invasive and impolite.

This is also the reason I don't like to use the grouping tool. When it finds a group that fits your search criteria, it just plops you right in there. I think it should show you a list of appropriate groups and let you send a tell to the group leader.

But then ... I also get annoyed by the use of the verb "invite" in place of the noun "invitation." So ... that's just me. :p
    "If danger doesn't find her, she'll seek it out and invite it home to dinner." ~ Prince Naemon
    "Such despair! Richer than a cheese sorbet!" ~ Sheogorath
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    Blind invites (party, guild, or friend) sent to me are always refused and a second one is always reported as harassment. If you can not be polite and ask me first why would I ever want to be in your party, guild, or on your friends list?
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on May 19, 2014 5:00AM
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to invite then doing world bosses and plenty of people are present.
    main purpose is to make sure all got credit and lot.
    Standard is we should group up then start inviting if none else do,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a relative newcomer to MMOs, and I was initially hesitant to ask anyone to group at all, in the beginning. I had the feeling that other players were probably more experienced, and might be annoyed at my request. As I've played more and more since game release, I'm feeling more relaxed about socializing with other players. Just about all of my interactions have been very positive - People are generally kind, thoughtful, and polite. I like to do the asking first, through whisper or tell (they're both the same from what I understand), but if I'm in a dungeon and there's a bunch of baddies up ahead and the player next to me is hovering in anticipation about the coming conflict, I have no qualms about doing a quick invite to group, and I think it's perfectly appropriate to do so. It's easy to see that we're both about to undertake the same thing, and supposedly the gain in experience from grouping is of benefit to both of us.
    - I always, always make it a point to thank a player for working with me and helping me to achieve something. Sometimes, even when a player has left a group, I'll find his or her name in the chat window and send a quick thanks for their participation.
    - The sense of camaraderie within the game is often very palpable, and is one of the elements that makes me enjoy the game so much.
  • TicToc
    TicToc
    ✭✭✭
    If it is obvious what the group is for, like a world boss, an anchor, or something similar, I am fine with not needing a whisper ahead of time. It is far easier to put a group together quickly, and it is obviously a short term situation.

For situations that are not so obvious I will decline a random invite. It really has nothing to do with etiquette, and I don't understand people that get bent out of shape as if it is some kind of insult to them. Join or don't join, it is not that big of an issue. I personally don't like to join random people for questing, so i will decline a blind invite. However, if they need help with something, they can ask me and I will help.
  • RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    In this game, you do not need to group for world bosses, public dungeons and the like. 4 man dungeons are the only things you need to group for. It's annoying to receive constant grouping messages when you are in the middle of a convo with an NPC or reading a book. This isn't like the other games. If you get a few hits in on the world boss, you get credit. Same for the public dungeons.
  • jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    How do you send a tell?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jellicles it appears that you actually necrod a thread from last year. I can help you out tho, do you play on console or PC?

I don't think you can on console

[Edit] I sent you a pm instead of keeping the convo going in this thread
    Edited by MissBizz on June 23, 2015 4:35AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no remote tell on console unless you have someone PSN friended ... the local interaction options are literally local (ie standing next to the other player's toon)
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    we are all soul-less ... threads of our interweaving are timeless
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• jellicles
    jellicles
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the support. Yes, I worked it out: no "telling" on the Xbox One console. And sorry about bumping a dormant thread. I saw a June discussion and just assumed it was June 2015 and not June 2014. Can you guess, but I am new to these forums. Sigh. Again, thanks.