Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aldmeri Dominion is the best faction because....

Dekkameron
Dekkameron
✭✭✭✭✭
It has the best bards and the best song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T06_-o-cm7U

Lovely song, i miss it so much when i am playing on other factions.
Edited by Dekkameron on May 15, 2014 7:15PM
- Veteran Combat Librarian -
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly , im still vet6 , so i need to play most of DC.

But to me AD is much , much funnier than EB.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Hypersillyman
    Hypersillyman
    ✭✭✭
    Because Queen Ayrenn is really hot.
    LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Because Raz.
    Indeed, no other faction really seems to have a main character who keeps popping up you think "yay it's him again!"

• gunsofdeschain
    gunsofdeschain
    ✭✭✭
    At V6, I started the AD zone as a Pact player, and got to tell, I'm actually liking some of the quests for once. Pact was OK, Covenant was absolutely boring, I din't read a single line of dialogue, and AD, I'm actually taking the time to enjoy the voice acting especially the Khajit ones.

And yeah, Queen Ayrenn is kinda hot too. So was Naryu. As was Lady Laurent.
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At V6, I started the AD zone as a Pact player, and got to tell, I'm actually liking some of the quests for once. Pact was OK, Covenant was absolutely boring, I din't read a single line of dialogue, and AD, I'm actually taking the time to enjoy the voice acting especially the Khajit ones.

The first map in the Covenant is good imo, I have not played any further yet. I'm not talking the starter Island but that was also pretty good.

And no, Queen Ayrenn is as ugly as sin! Now the Green Lady...

I do really like the quest line of AD though, through25-40 is great.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Tannakaobi wrote: »

The first map in the Covenant is good imo, I have not played any further yet. I'm not talking the starter Island but that was also pretty good.

And no, Queen Ayrenn is as ugly as sin! Now the Green Lady...

I do really like the quest line of AD though, through25-40 is great.

Green LadieS :p

the one you meet in khenarthi's roost is pretty too (possibly the same character model; don't really remember..

my favorite little murderous pretty bosmer :smile:

Edited by Shiaxi on May 15, 2014 10:02PM
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    The Dominion is the best faction, and the only one that makes sense to me.
    The 3 races of the Dominion have a reasonable and organic commonality.

The others? Having actually played Daggerfall, the Covenant is utterly ridiculous to me, and Ebonheart? I might buy it if it didn't have a Nord king as leader. But really, Dunmer following Nords? Ha!
    It seems to me that the other 2 alliances races are only there due to proximity, and that's why they suck.
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rayadrel wrote: »
    and Ebonheart? I might buy it if it didn't have a Nord king as leader. But really, Dunmer following Nords? Ha!.

To be fair, you understand why the Skald-King is leader in Eastmarch.
    Not to be a plot spoiler, but the Argonian and Dunmer leaders really dislike each other, but they both get on with King Joruun so it's really the only choice.

• Milrik
    Milrik
    Soul Shriven
    I dont know about you guys but, Thalmor! Enough said.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its okay, I can't say its the best.

The environments are the same through out, maybe a bit variety in Reapers March. DC has some interesting landscapes, from temperate regions to desert, and mountains. EP has most variety of environments, but Stonefall, Deshaan and Shadowfen are gloomy and depressing, especially shadowfen, I just want to rush through there and escape the dreadful place.

AD does have a coherent story on unifying the races within the faction, which is different. DC is filled with cults in each zones, and EP has really no coherent story whatsoever.

AD's leader appears the earliest. Emeric shows up in 2nd zone, while Skaldking didn't show up until 4th zone, and in a dead states. This does make the Queen more familiar through out the story.

AD has more variety of races, each has significant difference in appearances and their own zones. In DC, Orc doesn't really present themselves very prominently except the starting island. In EP, Argonians turned me completely off, the whole species are like a big incest fest, everybody is egg sister, egg brother.

In all, I am gonna sticm to my choice of the first char and say DC is good, AD would be a close 2nd, and EP is way behind.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayrenn, Raz, hippie Bosmer, fantastic Khajiit voice acting and the racists Altmers you love to hate.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or is Argonian voice acting in EP really dreadful compared to AD? In EP the Argonians sound really apathetic and robotic about everything while using a snake accent. In AD they had personality and emphaticness. I get that in EP they are depressive due to racial issues with the Dunmer, but they dont even sound sad, just lifeless.
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me, or is Argonian voice acting in EP really dreadful compared to AD? In EP the Argonians sound really apathetic and robotic about everything while using a snake accent. In AD they had personality and emphaticness. I get that in EP they are depressive due to racial issues with the Dunmer, but they dont even sound sad, just lifeless.

Not really sure what's up with that - but I noticed one Argonian voice actor who seems to be really bored out of her mind. She voices a character in Coldharbour too, and one or two in AD as well, so it's not the faction, I think some voice actors just didn't really get into their role. Weird they let that fly, because 90% of voice acting in the game is superb.
  • Aluluei
    Aluluei
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the Flock of Seagulls song about Ayrenn:

"And Ayre-e-e-nn
    Ayrenn so far away!"

Seriously, whenever I hear the song in the OP, I get that FoS song fluttering through my mind.
    IRL: Elizabeth. AD: Aluluei, Eiledh, Yreshi, Zabetheli. DC: Lededje, Pilun, Safket-Abwy, Semley. EP: Ieulula, Tenarha, Tisaarwat, Veralia.
    CP 2200+, playing since beta.
  • Elirienne
    Elirienne
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...because it's the best story, hands down. First there is Ayrenn who is about the absolute first female npc that I have grown to like in any game, the first one having any kind of interesting behaviour and depth to her. She got me when she sighed and said people dont ask her questons because of her crown. Loving her *girl crush*.

(Jaina is just a cliche, Tyrande is boring, Elisif is nonexistent, Lara croft has no personality and she is no leader by any means, and I cannot even think of other female leader game npcs, that's how unremarkable they are)

And apart from her, it is really a great story, creating and supporting an alliance, the fineries of politics plus the interconnections of the different communities, you see none of that in pact (cannot comment on covenant yet). The leaders are personal to you from day 1, in the pact however, i only remember those two archeologist dark elves, and even their names escape me.

Dominion is absolutely the best :)
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    because it has, wrong, because infinite in their wisdom and reflection Thalmor have it.
    [only if I could kill that idiot named ayrenn. just another pathetic royal character who cares not for a proper etiquette. trully repulsive cur]
  • Kingcroft
    Kingcroft
    ✭✭
    I really like the environment and story of the Ebonheart pact even if it is a little hard to believe. I am playing in Daggerfall C area, and I find myself missing Stonefalls, and Dishaan.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    it's the only really coherent storyline really; on the leader part, yes I adore Ayrenn, tho I prefer Raz impersonating Ayrenn :p altho I also do like high king Emeric with his dry wit

Edited by Shiaxi on May 17, 2014 8:15PM
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also have their own brand of sweeties!

294163.jpg
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't support a faction that does not have the Cliff Racer Song.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion is the best because:

--Queen Ayrenn is AWESOME. She's nice, she's sensible, likeable...she's an adventurer like you or me, who has a vision of bringing peace and prosperity to all. She just happens to be Queen, and therefore in a good position to pull that off. In contrast, I found Emeric a little creepy (that thumbs-up on the second-to-last quest weirded me out badly) and Jorunn...Jorunn I didn't really get time to get attached to. (They really should have at least given him a cameo earlier in the plot.)

--Razum-dar is cool. He and Ayrenn were the reason I joined the Dominion (I had originally planned to go Covenant-side). The Khajiit in general get some really fun lines.

--The plotline is the most coherent. Admittedly having every single area be 'help the local authority figure secure their position' got a little old, and having every single person you met in Vulkel Guard be out to get you INCLUDING PELIDIL was a little far-fetched, but there was some interesting culture to explore, and the NPC rulers we met along the way mostly showed up more than once, making it feel like they were actually involved with things. (Contrast: Every faction leader in the Pact and every leader in the Covenant except Emeric.) Next to the DC plot jumping all over the place with no continuation at all, and the Pact plotline being mostly about them being outclassed by both other factions (with a side order of 'let's pull a monster out of a volcano! So what if it's uncontrollable and has no loyalty to us, what could possibly go wrong?') AD wins easily.

My biggest complaint is that we spent too much time in Valenwood with no breaks to the other parts of the faction. If we'd gotten to visit the Khajiit halfway through I'd have appreciated it, but three and a half regions in a row of Green Pact, Green Pact, Green Pact, and MOAR GREEN PACT was a bit much, and I couldn't really go visit the other parts of the faction for a change of pace because there was nothing at my level to do there. :\
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • majinstef
    majinstef
    ✭✭
    because Khajiit
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dekkameron wrote: »
    It has the best bards and the best song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m56G1BUHtgI

Lovely song, i miss it so much when i am playing on other factions.

EDITED
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    That place in Auridon where high elfin are being racist to wood elf and khajit in thalmor training
    Very interesting idea
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
    Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they removed the boob window on her armor.....

She seems a bit vapid to me actually. Then again, I prefer more interesting characters that make sense in their roles, such as Abner Tharn or High King Emeric. The Queen seems a bit like a college sophomore, especially compared to her brother who actually belongs in that strange, High Elf royal setting.

• Apothecary
    Apothecary
    Soul Shriven
    She seems a bit vapid to me actually. Then again, I prefer more interesting characters that make sense in their roles, such as Abner Tharn or High King Emeric. The Queen seems a bit like a college sophomore, especially compared to her brother who actually belongs in that strange, High Elf royal setting.

I was wondering when someone else would bring this up.
    littlegrimoire.com/blog
    AD Apotheke, DC Milk Noir
  • Dremons
    Dremons
    Soul Shriven
    Rayadrel wrote: »
    The Dominion is the best faction, and the only one that makes sense to me.
    The 3 races of the Dominion have a reasonable and organic commonality.

The others? Having actually played Daggerfall, the Covenant is utterly ridiculous to me, and Ebonheart? I might buy it if it didn't have a Nord king as leader. But really, Dunmer following Nords? Ha!
    It seems to me that the other 2 alliances races are only there due to proximity, and that's why they suck.

Are you serious? DC is the most stable of them all. Dominion is just as fked up as EP, since the Altmer are pretty much psychos using the Wood Elves and the Khajiit to try and conquer Cyrodiil again, while these two wage war since forever.
    I still remember the book depicting Bosmer tactics used on Khajiit from Morrowind.

Meanwhile, DC races have less conflict than the others. Nobody dares to mess with the Redguard, Bretons mind their own business and Orcs get the ghetto treatment
  • Frozstee
    Frozstee
    ✭✭✭
    Got to love Raz for his nonchalant approach and his funny if not hilarious comments that actually have you listening to the entire quest dialog. Queen Ayrenn as well is by far a more personable leader figure of the dominion, with which you have more interaction and feel more included.

Oh... and there is the khajiit, gods I love them.
    free_khajiit_540.jpg

GT: Frozstee = Xbox - NA =
    "Bright Moons, and Sharp Claws my friends." - Zarum