Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Who is your favorite character in the main story?

Mikalaus
Mikalaus
Soul Shriven
I apologize in advance if this poll has already been made, but I did look for it and was unable to find it, so I decided to make my own.

It's a simple question, who's your favorite character in the main story and why? I know I did not list all the options for all the factions, so be sure if you select other to say which character and the reason they are your favorite!
Edited by Mikalaus on May 14, 2014 8:50PM

Who is your favorite character in the main story? 100 votes

Varen Aquilarios (The Prophet)
7%
skeletorz_ESORatatouillemagpieJeremyMilannaMalavarTCOneCraziux 7 votes
Lyris Titanborn
6%
ElirienneHeracleaXeres14cyclonus11twnakitaFleep 6 votes
Abnur Tharn
28%
NikkaeKer.Rakb16_ESOPendrillionNazon_KattsLadyLothiRandomer91martinb16_ESO80Zahneserenity_paintedSqcHyprnadriant1978czarberavinprb19_ESOPQMarineThyIronFistfiftypercentgreyStumkravCaffeinatedMayhemElSlayer 28 votes
Sai Sahan
4%
Xancathb16_ESOmarioncobrettiAnastasiareggielee 4 votes
Cadwell
50%
KorereactorSorianaGwaroklink428Svannaletad11_ESOMelianAzzuriaMikalausLeeshastimpy986b14_ESOAsatawenchmore420b14_ESOSvenjaKayiraTannakaobiorpheo_kb16_ESOisengrimb16_ESOMousmoulaGreySix 50 votes
Other
5%
kewlShaun98ca2ChomppaPBpsyAnvos 5 votes
  • Mikalaus
    Mikalaus
    Soul Shriven
    Cadwell
    My personal favorite was Cadwell. He was a nice change of pace with the dark and sometimes dreary main story and his comments always made me laugh.
    Options
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the option for none?
    I wanted to strap them all to a rocket and exile them to the planet Kolob.
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Molag Bal
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwell
    Of course it is Cadwell, why even ask?=P Such an awesome swap from all these big heroic figures.
    Tharn was also cool, especially his bickering with Lyris, but he still is a ruthless arrogant b...bad person, unlike Cadwell.
    Options
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell
    Come on, Monty Python.

I was in a beta weekend before the voice reveal. I woke my husband up at 3:30 am laughing, when I recognized the voice. (it's not that I stay up late, I get up very early.)

Options
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sai Sahan
    sai sahran

cuz hes a hunk of burning muscley love who badly needs an oil massage
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    Options
  • Heraclea
    Heraclea
    ✭✭✭
    Lyris Titanborn
    I voted for Lyris; melee fighters need to stick together.

But in truth, none of the characters in the main quest were half as compelling as King Emeric. His stiff upper lip and bemusement at the weirdness surrounding him were facets I found endearing.
    Hircine loves me, this I know,
    Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero
    Options
  • Decimatia
    Decimatia
    ✭✭
    Cadwell
    unpxawD.jpg
    Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a VERY delicate state of mind...
    Options
  • LadyLothi
    LadyLothi
    ✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn
    Abnur Tharn, King of Snarkiness.

Although of course one cannot but love Cadwell, but of the original companions, Tharn is the most entertaining.
    "It's easy, a child of five could do it. Unfortunately, we don't have a child of five, so I have to walk YOU through it." Abnur Tharn <3
    Options
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn
    LadyLothi wrote: »
    Abnur Tharn, King of Snarkiness.

Although of course one cannot but love Cadwell, but of the original companions, Tharn is the most entertaining.
    i agree with this :smile:

stam scrub
    Options
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varen Aquilarios (The Prophet)
    Heraclea wrote: »
    I voted for Lyris; melee fighters need to stick together.

But in truth, none of the characters in the main quest were half as compelling as King Emeric. His stiff upper lip and bemusement at the weirdness surrounding him were facets I found endearing.

I saw this character King Emeric for the first time today during a mage guild quest. He may end up being my favorite as well because after hearing him I suspect he's voiced by Bill Nighy - one of the greatest character actors of all time. So I am looking forward to seeing more of him.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 15, 2014 6:50PM
    Options
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell
    Cadwell is just awesome.

Edt: changed my post to spoilers lols.
    I thought he was molag bal in disguise the whole time , so he could have your trust at the last second and do something evil , that is what i would expect of the god of schemes, but nah , he was just an awesome crazy knight.

Did not think this was a spoiler , but i guess it could be.
    Edited by Nox_Aeterna on May 15, 2014 7:33PM
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
    Options
  • Mikalaus
    Mikalaus
    Soul Shriven
    Cadwell
    I thought he was molag bal in disguise the whole time , so he could have your trust at the last second and do something evil , that is what i would expect of the god of schemes, but nah , he was just an awesome crazy knight.

I was thinking the same thing the WHOLE time through the main story. (SPOILER)

I'm glad he turned out to be just who he was though!
    Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn
    Abnur Tharn as he's ruthlessly witty.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other

I am not so sure he is just a crazy knight.He isn't Molag Bal but we definitely haven't seen the last of him.

If they reveal him to be something else I hope it's not going to be as flat as the whole ''I am the emperor and you didn't see it coming 10 miles away and you really really really care and you feel very very very betrayed and very very very very used.Seriously you should care!!! .What is wrong with you. " business
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    PBpsy wrote: »
    If they reveal him to be something else I hope it's not going to be as flat as the whole ''I am the emperor and you didn't see it coming 10 miles away and you really really really care and you feel very very very betrayed and very very very very used.Seriously you should care!!! .What is wrong with you. " business

I didn't catch it mainly because I wasn't paying much attention to the story.
    But yeah when he starts going on about how betrayed and wounded I must be I'm just thinking "Um.. okay? It's not that big a deal."
    Options
  • LadyLothi
    LadyLothi
    ✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn
    But yeah when he starts going on about how betrayed and wounded I must be I'm just thinking "Um.. okay? It's not that big a deal."

ikr! I was truly suprised by that plot twist, maybe I haven't been paying attention as well, but I didn't quite catch why I should suddenly be feeling all betrayed and distrustful. After all, those guys sort of got me out of coldharbour, I was all for cutting them some slack.
    "It's easy, a child of five could do it. Unfortunately, we don't have a child of five, so I have to walk YOU through it." Abnur Tharn <3
    Options
  • ShADoW0s
    ShADoW0s
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwell
    Its just something about Cadwell's voice, every I talk to him I feel so happy.
    Options
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell
    Voted Cadwell, but who here remembers Kefka of Final Fantasy fame?

"You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!"
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn
    [...] but he still is a ruthless arrogant b...bad person, [...]

High standards always seem a tad bit arrogant, ...when observed from below. :p;)
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abnur Tharn
    Cadwell is overrated.

Abnur Tharn is my favorite for the arrogant chap he is :)
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
    Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Bad guys are always the best, Molag Bal.
    Options
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cadwell
    Every one else has an air of heroic doom or bitterness to them. Cadwell is great counter to the others personalities because of his weird off the wall humor and insights. (Personally if Raz could have been a choice here I would have choose him)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
    Options
  • Mikalaus
    Mikalaus
    Soul Shriven
    Cadwell
    Every one else has an air of heroic doom or bitterness to them. Cadwell is great counter to the others personalities because of his weird off the wall humor and insights. (Personally if Raz could have been a choice here I would have choose him)

I loved Raz too, but I decided to keep Alliance-specific characters out of the poll, as I'm not yet familiar with some of the alliances main characters!

Options
  • Shaun98ca2
    Shaun98ca2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    MY character is my favorite character in the Main Story.....Does that work? LOL
    Options
  • Anvos
    Anvos
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    The answer is obviously me.
    Options
  • hauke
    hauke
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwell
    Mikalaus wrote: »

i still think hes shegorath, in disguise, common a crazy guy capable to walk through a deadric realm at will ?
    Options
  • Kayira
    Kayira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadwell
    Cadwell is the best. He is crazy but still likeable. Loved the story line in coldharbour allowing me to travel a bit more with Cadwell. He is a bit like Cicero from Skyrim without being really creepy. :)
    EU PC
    In Game Tag: @Silthoras

Raid Mains: Warden and Templar Heals
    DDs: Mag Sorc and Mag Necro
    Options
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwell
    Rayadrel wrote: »
    PBpsy wrote: »

Yea I dont remember him actually lying to me. He didnt tell me he was the one that started it all, but thats not a lie. Not even a lie by omission since it had no negative effect. Tharn says if he had told me then I might not have helped but thats just ridiculous.

BTW about Caldwell - just before we went in for the final assault he was jelling on a rock playing the lute. Some tune that was kind of bad but kind of haunting at the same time. I wished I could savegame at that spot to go back to listen to it again.

Edited by Svann on May 18, 2014 5:34AM
    Options
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    Cadwell
    Well if you put Cadwell in it, there isn't even a contest.
    Options