Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network is currently experiencing a service interruption. Please check here for status updates: https://status.playstation.com/en-us/

Generals of Molag Bal Achievement?

• CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    I know lots of these mobs can spawn in multiple zones.

Yes, but only in veteran zones. In veteran zone all bosses can spawn.

What I said is correct, don't try to say that guy who has 9000 achievement points is incorrect... :(
  • Paulhewhewria
    Paulhewhewria
    ✭✭✭
    Could someone please tell me all the locations for the Torturers I've farmed deshan for 12 hours.I'm in the EP
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey All,

I am also working on this achievement. I play Ebonheart Pact and am hunting them in Deshaan, Shadowfen, Eastmarch and the Rift because it seems simpler than hunting them in vet zones and having all 16 possible on any anchor. I will be posting the specific dolmens as I find the mobs:) I already had several from just doing anchors while leveling but I will make note if I see those mobs again too!

Deshaan
    -torturers: siltreen
    -ogrim: lagomere

Shadowfen
    -devourer of souls: reticulated spine, leafwater, venomous fens
    -general/Hrelvasu: leafwater, venomous fens
    -Favoured daedroth/Menta-Na/Daedroth of Kora-Dur: leafwater, reticulated spine
    -Ever Open-Eye: venomous fens

Eastmarch
    -Seductive Sisters: icewind, frostwater
    -Storm Lord:giant's run
    -Slavemasters: giant's run

Rift
    -Lich of Mournhold: stony basin
    -Son of Molag Bal: Ragged hills

Edited by Mix on July 24, 2014 1:40AM
  • CoUsT
    CoUsT
    ✭✭✭
    Btw. I also found that more people on dolmen = higher chance for boss spawn.

So you can stay on dolmen near on hours 18:00 - 24:00, heal some people, hit once enemies and go afking again until next dolmen spawn. People will do job for you lol.
    Edited by CoUsT on July 16, 2014 10:23PM
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The generals appear on average 1 every 5-6 dolmen cleared. It did not make any difference (for me) if it was just me soloing it or if there was 20 people there.

The only difference with more players, is it takes longer (as more mobs spawn)
    Veteran zone (including Cyrodiil) have a chance to spawn any boss but when your looking for the last one or two to finish your achievement, its best to go to the normal zones so the boss that spawns has a 1 in 4 chance of being the one your need.

CoUsT post on the first page about the locations is perfect and very useful when tracking down the last one you need.

Trying to clean up some of my achievements before dyes go live and everyone is farming theses.
    Edited by Natjur on July 17, 2014 3:19AM
  • burkemi5_ESO
    Rhaskos wrote: »
    Psychoke wrote: »
    Faustes wrote: »
    I did some research and it appears to be by zone.

4 Generals spawn in each zone, skipping the your alliances first zone.

This is based off another thread + using ESOhead to look up the level of these rare spawns (they are the same level as per each zone) + your comment about tortuerrs and traveling dremora

I couldn't find anything at all on esohead, could you maybe make a small list of in what areas certain bosses are :D?

Daggerfall Covenant:
    Stormhaven:
    -Torturers
    -Ogrim Brothers
    -Dremora Pirate
    -Traveling Dremora

Rivenspire:
    Daedroth of Kora-Dur
    Ever Open Eye
    Daedroth General
    Devourer of Souls

Alikr:
    Frost Lord
    Storm Lord
    Xivilai Slavemasters
    Seductive Sisters

Bangkorai
    Vakarth Vampire
    Crescent Dremora
    Lich of Mournhold
    Son of Molag Bal

Cyrodiil:
    All bosses

This isn't entirely accurate. I killed the Dremora Pirate in Glenumbra today. Also, bump, because I want to figure out how these work.

• class101
    class101
    ✭✭✭
    It is unclear indeed what spawns where, what we assume yet after farming them and sharing feedbacks

*) the more people farming a dolmen, the more chance you have to spawn a rare
    *) veteran zones seems to spawn all the rares but due to lowest population present in vet zones, rare are sometimes harder to spawn there
    *) the achievement about to finish 250/250 dolmens helps, technically I have finished it before the rare one, but I have been farming mostly 3-4 mans vet dolmens and often less so if the rare spawns is based on the number of people farming the dolmen I understand why I have destructed so much without getting a rare spawn

And yeah I have seen rares too in Glenumbra even if not in the list

It is not impossible too that every zone can spawn every rare

Based on this if someone really want them all he must focus on getting the 250/250 achievement in a starter zone with anchors, like Gelnumbra, Stormhaven to maximize the probability of getting a rare spawn with all the toons farming there

You will have a hard time doing this in a vet zone because of the low population but it is a bit more profitable to up your vet level and crafting with the chest given to each dolmen
  • GFBStarWars
    GFBStarWars
    ✭✭✭
    from what ive seen the special bosses spawn 4 in each area starting from 2 to 5
    to get all but the 3 that i miss ill just do a run to all dolmen from 2 zone to 5 zone in the morning when there is no one online so i do not give problem to low level players.
    from what ive seen bosses spawn at same rate, nothing change if you are solo or not.

to get last one i suggest to just run in the area where that boss seam to spawn.
  • MeowGinger
    MeowGinger
    ✭✭✭
    I think the spawn is a lot lower than 10%. I've participated in more than 250 dolmens, and I've only found 11 general spawns (9 different + 2 repeats)... so about 4% for me. Maybe I'm unlucky.

I can confirm these locations in my 1st alliance:
    1st zone -- Zymel Hriz (Storm Lord)
    2nd zone -- Velehk (Dremora Pirate), Torturers
    3rd zone -- Yggmanei (Ever Open Eye)

Since I started counting, it took me 24 dolmens to spawn just a single general.
    Edited by MeowGinger on July 23, 2014 1:23AM
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot about this thread ^^. So, eventually had one of my remaining 3 Generals spawn, Lord Dregas Volar (Crescent Dremora) at Lagomere Dolmen in Deshaan, only for my god damn pc to crash, GNNNAAAHHH!
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the following for my DC char (7/29):

- Ever Open Eye - Boralis Dolmen - Rivenspire
    - Frost Lord - Tigonus Dolmen - Alikr
    - Slavemasters - Myrkwasa Dolmen - Alikr

Next day (7/30):

- Ogrim Brothers - Menevia Dolmen - Stormhaven (some gens were back-to-back)
    - Traveling Dremora - Alcaire Dolmen - Stormhaven

Last day (7/31):

- Lich of Mournhold - Mournoth Dolmen - Bankorai
    - Vakarth Vampire - Mournoth Dolmen - Bankorai
    - Son of Molag Bal - Fallen Wastes Dolmen - Bankorai

I had 8 generals left before I really focused on this. Knowing dolmen spawn no faster than 10 min after completion, I selected 2 that were the easiest to access and rotated between them. Since it always took less than 10 min to finish them, it was enough time to travel to the next before a respawn.

What I observed was that the algorithm for general spawning still has aspects to it that I have yet to see anyone mention and that I certainly do not truly understand. The most compelling support for this was two occasions in which generals spawned back-to-back with no other irregular changes... same approx people fighting, same location etc...

It does appear that there is rotation between the 4 different ones per-zone as mentioned in this thread. Again I have not observed any order or consistency as to knowing when one of the four will spawn and I have not seen that more people present at a dolmen increases the chances either. Because I was running mine non-stop I have no idea whether that contributed to it or not. I had two of the same general appear within a couple hours of each other as well, (not back-to-back).

Today I rotated been Mournoth and Fallen dolmen in Bankorai for about 4 hours with all generals and repeats, but no appearance of "Crescent Dremora". Regardless, I do think that if you have a small list of generals to kill, focusing on the zones mentioned that they should appear does seem to be a reliable and effective approach as it was for me.

BTW, I speculate that general spawn rates increase in the weekday evenings as I did see a noticeable increase in spawning after working hours. Just a complete and total guess of course.

Apologies for the novel... thought some context on this might help others with completing this achievement more efficiently.
    Edited by Sacadon on July 31, 2014 7:14PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guy on guild chat said the spawn rate is 12.5% (1 in 8 ) and that population has nothing to do with it. You can solo the dolmen or have a group of 30 players. Same rate of one of these baddies appearing. He also said a particular boss is locked out for 1 hour after appearing.

No idea where he got these numbers. He could be just talking out of his posterior. But it sounds reasonable.

Edit: Had to move ")" away from "8" to prevent it from turning into a 8).
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on August 13, 2014 11:06AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I was going back to finish up 4 Dolmens I had skipped with one of my characters. She got two Generals last night, each was in a different zone, but it happened about 15 minutes apart. One was at a Dolmen I had already done, but repeated because, well, it was up when I ran by. The other was at a new Dolmen.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easiest way to get this achievement is to catch up with the spawn direction of dark anchors. They will always spawn in a predictable pattern. The goal is to be able to hit every single anchor in a zone that you're working on. If you're a high enough level to solo them/significantly increase the completion time, you can even get ahead of the spawn and have to wait a bit at the next dolmen.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    CoUsT wrote: »
    There are 16 bosses, each 4 bosses per zone, starting from second.

2nd zone:
    • Destroy the Torturers
    • Destroy the Ogrim Brothers
    • Destroy the Dremora Pirate
    • Destroy Traveling Dremora
    3rd zone:
    • Destroy the Daedroth of Kora-Dur
    • Destroy the Ever-Open Eye
    • Destroy the Daedroth General
    • Destroy the Devourer of Souls
    4th zone:
    • Destroy the Frost Lord
    • Destroy the Storm Lord
    • Destroy the Xivilai Slavemasters
    • Destroy the Seductive Sisters
    5th zone:
    • Destroy the Verkarth Vampire
    • Destroy the Crescent Dremora
    • Destroy the Lich of Mournhold
    • Destroy the Son of Molag Bal

@CoUsT Hmm I just killed the Seductive Sisters in Grathwood (silver zone for DC) Is this list only accurate for your starting faction zone?
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this.

Spent the last 70 Dolmens in the third zone looking for Devourer of Souls and have had no luck, it's 100% confirmed s/he appears in Shadowfen right?
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    No idea but i got the son of molag bal and the frost lord in deeshan(My cadwall silver) one after the other yesterday, I think i also got the lich of mournhold once in reapers and once somewhere else as well, but it wasn't a fifth zone.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guy in VR1 Auridon the other day was begging people not to close the anchor pinions until the very, very end. He said the Generals appear more often if you wait until the end. I can't confirm if this is true, but it makes a bit of sense. I have had better luck with Generals when soloing dolmens than in groups and I never take a break while soloing to close the anchor pinions. I wait until the end when enemies stop spawning.

Then I can't solo the boss and have to beg for help in zone chat. :-)
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2nd zone:
    • Destroy the Torturers
    3rd zone:
    4th zone:
    • Destroy the Frost Lord
    • Destroy the Storm Lord
    5th zone:

Better late than never, but thanks for this. I've gone back to my starting alliance (AD) and trawled through the zones, so far so good. I've found all the bosses in the zones where they should be. I've noticed that certain Dolmens seem to spawn bosses more often, for example Green Hall Dolmen in Grahtwood (My 2nd zone) spawned Velhek Sain (sp?) and the Ogrim Brothers. Green's Marrow Dolmen (3rd Zone) spawned the Daedroth General and the Devourer of souls, I already had the other two (can't recall where they spawned). In Malabar Tor, Xylo River Basin has spawned the Seductive Sisters, the Xivilai Slavemasters AND the Storm Lord. I haven't found the Frost Lord yet, but I think I know where I'll camp out :wink: .

My last zone is Reaper's March where I need three of the bosses, so I'll keep travelling between the Dolmens until I find 'the one' lol.

Just to add, I've solo'd most of these and there seems to be no change in the frequency of spawns, I have been averaging 2 or 3 bosses a session, some repeats of course. Sometimes people join in, but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks to all on this thread for the advice. Hopefully I'll have that Daedric Red dye soon!
    PC EU & NA
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I killed the Son of Molag Bal before my fifth area, it was on one of the third area dolmens, or maybe the second area. Not sure which, but when dyes came out I had it already, and I was just starting the fourth area.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    All i know is that i did 6 dolmens on low level areas and no general then i did 2 on VR zones and 2 generals came
  • Pseudonym
    Pseudonym
    ✭✭✭

2nd zone:
    • Destroy the Torturers
    3rd zone:
    4th zone:
    • Destroy the Frost Lord
    • Destroy the Storm Lord
    5th zone:

That's odd, because me and my friend fought two of his generals last-night in Cyrodiil. The Titan and some long named Daedroth General.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodill drops all bosses
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still looking for the Devourer of Souls and The Cresent Dremora but I managed to get The Son of Molag Bal twice today. After defeating all enemies wait until all 3 stats are regenerated then close all 4 pinions without consuming any resources. So don't sprint or but between closing pinions. My theory is they register how much stats the pinions restore and the chance of spawning a general will increase if the pinions restore less/no stats.

The Son of Molag Bal spawned both times in Jodewood Dolmen (AD faction), I hope this helps someone!

Edit: This really seems to work, I've often encounter a general (1/3 dolmens)!
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on November 14, 2014 12:43PM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting theory, but you need to post some data that validates it before it's more than that. How many dolmen have you done this with a general appearing, etc. 3 dolmens is a very small sample, could be RNG. How do you control pinion closing? Anyone could walk up wipe out your experiment by closing a pinion out of sequence.
    Edited by Ourorboros on November 15, 2014 4:31PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    I'm still looking for the Devourer of Souls and The Cresent Dremora but I managed to get The Son of Molag Bal twice today. After defeating all enemies wait until all 3 stats are regenerated then close all 4 pinions without consuming any resources. So don't sprint or but between closing pinions. My theory is they register how much stats the pinions restore and the chance of spawning a general will increase if the pinions restore less/no stats.

The Son of Molag Bal spawned both times in Jodewood Dolmen (AD faction), I hope this helps someone!

Edit: This really seems to work, I've often encounter a general (1/3 dolmens)!

Dont know if it relates but tried this and managed to get achievement only closing 110 dolmens
    Selcouth Nexus V16 Templar Magika Healer/Dps
    Mrs Schadenfreude V16 Magika Sorc Dps/off heals
    Malevolent Lust v16 DK Stam Dps/tank
    Mephala's Rage v16 NB Magika Dps
    Lara Nipplestorm v16 DK Magika DPS
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Interesting theory, but you need to post some data that validates it before it's more than that. How many dolmen have you done this with a general appearing, etc. 3 dolmens is a very small sample, could be RNG. How do you control pinion closing? Anyone could walk up wipe out your experiment by closing a pinion out of sequence.

That a good point but its quite hard to truly test this theory because there're often people randomly closing pinions. So I probably won't get a series of 10 or more dolmens without interference for example. And without a clear series I can't compare my general encounter frequency with the normal general encounter frequency. But I've noticed that closing pinions early decreases the chance of encountering a general, when other people close pinions I hardly get a general.

Currently I'm just one general (devourer of souls) away from the achievement so it can be frustrating when lvl 25 players randomly start closing pinions. The upside is I'm getting closer to the Enemy of Coldharbour title
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on November 17, 2014 12:12PM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    To add my two cents - I needed one general for months and worked on it off and on daily as a V14. I must have done 500 dolmens (seriously) in all the vet levels. I was a DC so I avoided that area because it wasn't a vet area for me. One day I said (to myself!) "I don't think he is in a vet area" and I tried the low level DC zone (level 34). Surprise!!! I got him in the first dolmen I tried!! I couldn't believe it. Moral of story - try all the zones :)
  • Sherrieg
    Sherrieg
    ✭✭
    I have completed countless dolmens looking for generals, and closing pinions doesn't matter - I have had many generals appear with or without closing pinions in any particular order. It doesn't seem to make any difference.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sherrieg wrote: »
    To add my two cents - I needed one general for months and worked on it off and on daily as a V14. I must have done 500 dolmens (seriously) in all the vet levels. I was a DC so I avoided that area because it wasn't a vet area for me. One day I said (to myself!) "I don't think he is in a vet area" and I tried the low level DC zone (level 34). Surprise!!! I got him in the first dolmen I tried!! I couldn't believe it. Moral of story - try all the zones :)
    In veteran areas and Cyrodiil any general can spawn at any dolmen. In your own alliance they are divided in four groups: going by the achievement list, the first four spawn in 2nd zone, the next four in 3rd zone and so on. So if you need a specific general, it's best to look for him in your alliance.