The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Predictions Of The Future

Sacklunch
Sacklunch
✭✭
With the push back of the console release date I am actually hopeful that Zenimax and Bethesda just might actually fix all(and there are a ton of them) of the problems with this game. From playing the beta and seeing the PC release date I knew this game was going to be s**t on release. Even in beta the grouping function was sooo clunky, all the skill and animation problems, not to mention the major game glitches; all of this was far to much to overcome in the time they had. Then I saw the console release date and I was like a week after the console version hits the shelves this game is sooo going free to play. However now I feel that Zenimax has realized that in the state of gaming today no one is going to stick around for a game this riddled with problems and they may actually be trying to fix all the stuff they half-as*ed to begin with. Of course I could be wrong and Sony/Microsoft just said we don't want your game and they are simply squeezing every penny they can out of us before they announce the death of ESO hard to say. Any who I want to know what the other forum members think about the games future IE fixed/successful, fail, free to play, what do you predict?
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that ESO will be going F2P in less than 6 months.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »

I believe you have no clue what your talking about.

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crystal_ball_hands_hb.gif

I seeeeeeee, it's coming from the darkness. I seeeeeee the same thing as everyone else. Not a damn thing.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Hornex
    Hornex
    ✭✭
    This forum has a large number of people that just moan non stop. No modern game is released bug free and this free to play talk is just BS. Angry Joes review is largely to blame for the warped views of this game. Frankly he has no idea wtf he was talking about to begin with, he just reviewed the game with a negative attitude and people just followed his thoughts.

I play with a good guild on TS and nobody seems particularly angry at this game, we all have a lot fun and enjoy it. It's always a vocal minority who seems to spend more time here than in the actual game.

The bugs will get fixed it's just a matter of time.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe you have no clue what your talking about.

I believe you want to purchase oceanfront property in Nebraska.

• Fersaken
    Fersaken
    ✭✭
    Free to PLAY less than 6 months would that be a record for a terrible game??
  • mkultra867b16_ESO
    mkultra867b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I know for a fact that Wildstar will take almost all of the raiding community. The people who say this game is fine are living in a fan boy fantasy land or haven't hit max level yet. There is no end game content and they have no plans to fix their sad excuse for a loot system. Who cares about bots farming lvl 30 dungeons... There is no need to buy their gold when there is no decent endgame loot.
  • Fersaken
    Fersaken
    ✭✭
    Wildstar sucks too
  • Hornex
    Hornex
    ✭✭
    I know for a fact that Wildstar will take almost all of the raiding community. The people who say this game is fine are living in a fan boy fantasy land or haven't hit max level yet. There is no end game content and they have no plans to fix their sad excuse for a loot system. Who cares about bots farming lvl 30 dungeons... There is no need to buy their gold when there is no decent endgame loot.

Such rubbish, I am VR and this is my second elder scrolls game, I last played one, over 10 years ago now. It really does sound like your playing this game like wow.

Updates will add more content and additional pvp things will be added for sure. Wow didn't have half the content it has 1 month after launch. Your just a perpetual moaner.

Pvp is good if you actually play with other people.
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    Meh.
    It really all depends on Craglorn.

Every major guild you look at is suffering the same exact problem. People get to VR10 and simply stop playing. The bugs and insane VR grind left a bad taste in their mouth, and they they are confronted with the harsh reality that there is nothing worth doing at this level.

Craglorn is suppose to be our end-game content.

If Craglorn turns out to not be worth playing for, this game will fall. If it is just as buggy as the rest of the game, if the content isn't compelling and fun, if it doesn't challenge the players then what's the point?

Every guild I am in, most of my fellow VR10's don't even bother logging in anymore. And I don't blame them. There is no incentive to make an alt, seeing as how we already did EVERY QUEST IN THE GAME during the VR grind.
    And without that, you basically level your one dude to max, look around and see that you are all alone with crap content, and log yourself out.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish that ESO will be going F2P in less than 6 months.

fixed

Checked the Wildstar forums since there was just open beta and release is in less than a month. Doesn't look so rosy there either.

Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭

It has been a few weeks. Lol. You have no idea what you are talking about.
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with Daftpunk,

There is just nothing in this game that GOES "OMG THAT WAS AWESOME"

Its all kind of hoe hum. If the new content doesn't challenge and reward then the game is just so so and will be so so forever

And Angry joe isnt the only reviewer that gave this game a hoe hum mark
    Edited by Arreyanne on May 14, 2014 5:07AM
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    I agree with Daftpunk,

Its all kind of hoe hum. If the new content doesn't challenge and reward then the game is just so so and will be so so forever

A guy named Angry Joe (the oracle) dictates the future of this game? Lol.
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Therium104 wrote: »
    Arreyanne wrote: »
    I agree with Daftpunk,

A guy named Angry Joe (the oracle) dictates the future of this game? Lol.

did I say that somewhere huh I dont see that in my previous post please highlight that part for me so i can be clear as to were I actually said that or is your reading comprehension under the level cap

• schroed360
    schroed360
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like to do prediction without clue . I asked google the sales figure for teso but it did not answer. I just post because I'm under thé impression that yes the guy who enjoy the game stay quiet and I did not read so much positive post. I think that yes there is probably à segment off the population that are frustrated once hit V10...I m playing on average 1.5 hour a day + 1or 2( 4-5H) session in à week and I m taking my time: read quest do achievement explore craft and so on...I m lvl 38. And if I found a good active guild I totally see myself do 4 V10+(12). And bye that time a lot of new content can be release.Say that just to try to make constructive prediction. The real question is: how many V10 are bored and will quit ( I m sure there is guy who already have a V 10and still want to make a ton of alt) and how many are playing with a similar pace to me... I personnally bet that the eso comunnity is in big part made of guy with job wife kids and so don't have the neccessary free time to be a bored V10...future will give us the answer.
    Edited by schroed360 on May 14, 2014 7:58AM
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wildstar is not really that shiny as you believe it is. I find it quite amusing that so many people think this is like the holy grail or something, reminds me of the GW2 release that bombed or Rift and Tera ;)

Wildstar lacks content mostly especially for those who want to do something lore / quest driven with some dungeons and not just raid over raid over raid, but also the bugs over there are quite huge. A lot of players just lose their whole inventory and NPC´s don't let you progress further.

In the end however it doesn't matter one bit how Wildstar is doing, its a totally different game than ESO.

ESO does focus on lore, open world action and is for people who are already a bit older. Wildstar is more for a younger audience with the idea of an arcade MMO similar to WoW or GW2. They bring back the 40 men raiding, something Blizz felt is not working anymore. In general, Wildstar has a lot in common with WoW and therefore will compete with WoW for customers and not with ESO that is aimed at a totally different type of player.

Look at Ultima, its still alive & kicking and does not use any WoW mechanics. So why cant ESO work as well? Just because players didn't find a WoW in ESO? :D
  • bobsrevenge
    they game was made on its own merits and style and gameplay etc etc , so all I see in the forums this and that should have this be more like that , come on what planet are most of you players on the game is good period.
    so you want these features that are in other mmos , I say look at the way game was made and play it , in time game will be a classic unlike many I could mention
    so less chatter and more play , I do think the wingers just want to have moan
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the game needs more features doesn't need to be a WoWish clone or any of that. I still say the game doesn't have a, for lack of a better word, personality.

Theres just nothing in the game that stands out to me. No encounter that makes me "That was awesome". It to me lacks character. And the fact that I couldn't play my original main for 12 days cause she had no skill points after the second patch does tend to color my opinion I will agree.

The fact that I have to do three trillion quest as the only way to level is kind of irritating. There's no excitement in the game it's just "Go quest young woman go quest"
    Edited by Arreyanne on May 14, 2014 12:44PM
  • elessar_telcontarb16_ESO
    Meh.
    It really all depends on Craglorn.

Every major guild you look at is suffering the same exact problem. People get to VR10 and simply stop playing. The bugs and insane VR grind left a bad taste in their mouth, and they they are confronted with the harsh reality that there is nothing worth doing at this level.

Sometimes I wonder why the, so called, major guilds don't wait for a couple of months before joining a new MMO. Every time we get the same guilds / groups / players hitting max level within 1 month (or way less) and then realize there's nothing, yet, to do.
    Pretty ironic how the people who finds the game flawed, boring or repetitive, are the ones repeating the same pattern over and over.
    Though I wish they would have been around when WoW came out so it wouldn't have lasted 6 months.

Beside that you're probably right when you say :
    If Craglorn turns out to not be worth playing for, this game will fall. If it is just as buggy as the rest of the game, if the content isn't compelling and fun, if it doesn't challenge the players then what's the point?

Craglorn will have to come soon, be difficult and fun and will be a good hint on what is ZoS goal.
    In Game : Elrohur
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »

Wildstar is not really that shiny as you believe it is. I find it quite amusing that so many people think this is like the holy grail or something, reminds me of the GW2 release that bombed or Rift and Tera ;)

Wildstar lacks content mostly especially for those who want to do something lore / quest driven with some dungeons and not just raid over raid over raid, but also the bugs over there are quite huge. A lot of players just lose their whole inventory and NPC´s don't let you progress further.

In the end however it doesn't matter one bit how Wildstar is doing, its a totally different game than ESO.

ESO does focus on lore, open world action and is for people who are already a bit older. Wildstar is more for a younger audience with the idea of an arcade MMO similar to WoW or GW2. They bring back the 40 men raiding, something Blizz felt is not working anymore. In general, Wildstar has a lot in common with WoW and therefore will compete with WoW for customers and not with ESO that is aimed at a totally different type of player.

Look at Ultima, its still alive & kicking and does not use any WoW mechanics. So why cant ESO work as well? Just because players didn't find a WoW in ESO? :D

Yes, I gave the Wildstar open beta a chance; granted, I didn't get very far (to some optional starter island after I left the spaceship) - but I got no feeling of "Oh, boy, this is nothing like WoW (I'm looking for something DIFFERENT after 4-5 years!) - it didn't grab me by the boo-boo in any which way shape or form (though I did look forward to making that chua esper settler, the settler path seems fun and useful, though).

ESO _did_ grab me by the boo-boo because, well, my first love is not computer games, it's old fashioned, pen-paper-dice tabletop RPGs. It's .. the more organic storytelling, and the way I'm drawn into quests rather than feeling like they're foisted upon me, that I'm just a soldier mindlessly following orders from superiors.

This is kind of hard to explain, because it's entirely subjective, but here's an example of the experience I'm speaking from:

My tabletop group and I would meet three times a week, to play three different games under three different GMs. Whatever the game, we had the same general philosophy about the long-term, and nature of RPGs - that they're not so much "games", per se, as collective storytelling. The characters should be allowed the freedom to misinterpret clues, and go off track at least so far - that can affect the storyline, and add new stories; it should be the GM's fun and challenge to deal with what his players throw at him, it's not a GM vs the players thing, where the GM is constantly trying to kill you (unless s/he's a psycho, and then why do you hang around with this person?) A good GM is not ham-handed, and doesn't try to force people on rails just to stick to his/her idea of what the story is. Also, the characters must live with the consequences of their actions and decisions - these should have an effect of some kind later on in the story, somewhere.

Combat scenes can take quite a while to play out, so you want to keep it to just when it's important/dramatic. Even the AD&D DM didn't use random encounter tables; he had a well-crafted horror story (set in Waterdeep/Undermountain) going. This was a group of young working adults (all between 20 and 30), so there just wasn't that kind of time to waste on combat when there were tasks at hand.

All our main games lasted for just under three years, before life tore us all apart. We never did get to the end of ANY of our stories.

ESO speaks to this experience a lot better than WoW or Wildstar does. Oh, I loved WoW back in 2009 when I discovered it - but over the years, I've come to realize that the story isn't really what's driving that game, it's getting to end game and raiding. That's it. It doesn't even really matter if it HAS a story, the story is just the latticework to get you to raiding, and it can be presented in as ham-handed a manner as it pleases. "You, peon, you cog in machine. You go do."

I have a feeling that yes, now that the free month is up, many of the people whose experience is mostly with computer games will migrate to Wildstar while they wait for WoW to update its content. People with experience like mine (or who were looking for that and maybe didn't realize what it was they wanted) will stick with ESO. I think the sieving of population will be good for ESO in the long run.

Frankly, I should have known. When I got Skyrim for Christmas a couple years ago, I wound up taking several months off of WoW to play it. I should have known that ESO would, in fact, pull me away from WoW (and probably all games like it) for good.

Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on May 14, 2014 1:56PM
  • mkultra867b16_ESO
    mkultra867b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I never stated that I would be playing wildstar, only said that when it comes out, a majority of players will unsubscribe from eso to try something different. I come from playing DAoC and SWG, I tried vanilla WoW and hated it. I was hoping that ESO would be different because I love the single player series and currently my longest playtime is in Oblivion. But sadly this game is no different from WoW. Zeni has no intentions of fixing their half assed VR content in fact it will more than likely be nerfed due to the whining that it is too hard. They promised Craglorn at release but it has been 6 weeks since early access with minimal progress. This alone would be fine if they had actually finished the game they released... have you ever looted a chest in the VR 4 mans? How about the jewelry or VR 10 BoP set items? You can't tell me these are working properly. I played through every major quest and almost all side quests and I really enjoyed the game but now what do I do? Run the same dungeons I have done hundreds of times and have all the achievements for? Join the zerg vs zerg that is only going to get worse with AoE caps etc. You talk about people still playing Ultima, that's because there are things to do. You have open PvP, housing, etc. This game has no time wasters which they should have added if they didn't intend on finishing the game. I guess that's not entirely true, the crafting research is the only time waster. Maybe if the spent less time and effort on Facebook and Twitter integration and more on polishing they could have finished it. The 1-50 is great but it seems that the vet ranks are an afterthought. Many of these bugs I stated were brought up to ZOS during beta, long before release and they still have no plans to fix them.
  • Decimus_Rex
    Decimus_Rex
    ✭✭✭
    If the momentum of this game does not change real soon

...............( e.g.)....................

Address/solve

The avalanche of bugs,BOTS,gold sellers,server stability,class balances/fixes,content and just be all around far more efficient at solving problems and giving us more goodies

If Zeni doesn't kick it into high gear soon (Yo Yo!!)

...Then my Kreskinesque Spidey senses tell me that...

***In 6 months or so the game will be a ghost town compared to what it is now***

There is already a large population of VRanked players

So now if you don't keep a steady flow of content, burnout will not be far off

I always thought the level progression was to fast in ESO but to change it now will just magnify the problems.

I don't see a bright, immediate future for Zeni an ESO

What I see is

The usual slow painful start and mass a exodus within a year

Then a long recovery to mediocrity because Zeni will have pretty much cemented it's reputation unless something stellar happens very soon.

I know the fans and game defenders won't like my comments but the fans will stay no matter what and will tolerate these problems even if the game never switches gears

It's the one's who kind of like the game or who are on the fence about it, they will be the ones who leave here shortly and bash the game on the way out

Word of mouth (youtube) has already taken to hammering this game and even in this very thread you have a good percentage that are not so impressed or very pleased

I may be dead wrong on all of this and the game will stay strong and never go F2P but I've seen to many hard starts like this to say it won't most likely pan out this way

It's not 1999 anymore with only a couple of MMO choices around to be had

F2P and new titles abound so if you don't love the game, off to another one that is free or new and shiny, that's the way of it now

For the record:
    I like this game and will be here for awhile

Unfortunately I broke my rose colored glasses awhile ago and I can't find a new pair
    Edited by Decimus_Rex on May 14, 2014 2:37PM
  • Badh0rse
    Badh0rse
    ✭✭✭
    The only reason I stay is because I see this game as a diamond in the rough. If they fix the many issues and make it so people who do dungeons and raids have something to do they will be fine. At this point it feels like a glorified, sub par, single player game with some multiplayer options. Alienating dungeon/raid people is alienating about 75% of mmo players I am sure .... probably more. Again, I want to say that at it's core this game is amazing and just needs some love from the devs.
  • zoetaz1616
    zoetaz1616
    ✭✭
    In today's fast food culture, there will be a large group of people who scream from the mountain tops about how great the new shiny thing will be (ESO), then play it for a short time and start complaining as an excuse to justify leaving for the new shiny thing (Wildstar). If you go on Wildstar forums, you will see the same pattern as the next shiny comes out. I see this in the workplace a lot as well..."Why am I not not CEO yet? Dude, I've been here for almost 5 weeks...".
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Therium104 wrote: »

You have no idea what you are talking about.

That's what people said about the wheel and electricity. Ok.. Ok it might take a year but ESO will be seeing Steam Free To Play in the not to distant future, especially if Craglorn is a flop and buggy like the core game is.

• Krohm
    Krohm
    ✭✭
    I unsubed with about a dozen of my gaming buddies this past week and were all in the 35-40 year old range from EQ1, I hate to say ESO has an identity problem, is it a single player game were you just see folks running around or are you a MMO. How can you want social interaction with guild stores and try to bring community back but you nerf dungeons and make soloing the best way to level leaving no incentive to group till vet content.

Ill keep my eye on yea ESO, time to pull the boat out and do some fishing. ..
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL i dont think wildstar will make a dent in any game community. WOW ripoff in space with a horrible graphic engine. looks like a bad disney cartoon

• Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never stated that I would be playing wildstar, only said that when it comes out, a majority of players will unsubscribe from eso to try something different. I come from playing DAoC and SWG, I tried vanilla WoW and hated it. I was hoping that ESO would be different because I love the single player series and currently my longest playtime is in Oblivion. But sadly this game is no different from WoW. Zeni has no intentions of fixing their half assed VR content in fact it will more than likely be nerfed due to the whining that it is too hard. They promised Craglorn at release but it has been 6 weeks since early access with minimal progress. This alone would be fine if they had actually finished the game they released... have you ever looted a chest in the VR 4 mans? How about the jewelry or VR 10 BoP set items? You can't tell me these are working properly. I played through every major quest and almost all side quests and I really enjoyed the game but now what do I do? Run the same dungeons I have done hundreds of times and have all the achievements for? Join the zerg vs zerg that is only going to get worse with AoE caps etc. You talk about people still playing Ultima, that's because there are things to do. You have open PvP, housing, etc. This game has no time wasters which they should have added if they didn't intend on finishing the game. I guess that's not entirely true, the crafting research is the only time waster. Maybe if the spent less time and effort on Facebook and Twitter integration and more on polishing they could have finished it. The 1-50 is great but it seems that the vet ranks are an afterthought. Many of these bugs I stated were brought up to ZOS during beta, long before release and they still have no plans to fix them.
    only two games ever released with housing EQ 2 and SWG. very few mainstream MMO's have open world PVP. And these older games did not release with tons of things to do give it time or play something else if your disatisfied. When WOW released there was not even raids in game. im still enjoying the game . i play every day 2 to 4 hours . im only VR 7 have barely touched Cyrodil have a whole faction to complete and still have only cleared 4 of the 6 VR dungeons.Every single release major release since 2008 when i quit ever quest 2 has not made the 5 week mark for our guild. We would be in end game raiding playing in busted raiding zones , waiting for lock outs to expire and sitting in some god forsaken social hub that served no purpose ( im looking at You SWTOR). If you have done everything in game and are so displeased with it just move on like a sensible person. Personally plan on playing another class and enjoying craglorn while i watch Zos pound out content updates like Trion did. Why do i think this? because they dont have some greedy money grubbing publisher to snatch the game from them fire the Dev team and start punching out garbage on a cash shop ( im looking at you EA). By all means play an older game and enjoy.

Edited by Wifeaggro13 on May 15, 2014 12:40AM
  • Arreyanne
    Arreyanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoW was released when Nov 2004 here we are ten years later and the crap ZOS where told about in Beta never got fixed before launch, very bad PR that.

Then all the people who wouldn't stop playing the game if the entire server was on fire melting their pixel character want me to stop saying that ESO has bugs because, WoW was Bad at release.

Just amazing so there were no coding innovations, no harware updates between 2004 and 2014 and that's the reason ESO was as big a mess as WoW was in Nov 2004

I guess you guys sell tons of Ocean front property in Tucson AZ.
    Edited by Arreyanne on May 15, 2014 1:25AM