Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ZOS, I think your werewolf priorities are a little skewed...

Spiderwebs
Spiderwebs
✭✭
Okay, let's talk about werewolf for a second.
Bugs:
- Pack Leader morph is completely useless. Kicks you out of form almost immediately, every single time.
- Get stuck transforming for 5-10sec
- Get stuck pouncing for 10-15sec
- Get stuck UNtransforming for 5-10sec
- Howl only activates half the time
- Ult resets constantly
- Ult gained in form vanishes when out of form
- WW attacks miss the target ~30% of the time

(Not really a bug, but still a problem - ww is hardly ever stronger than untransformed character unless you build around it)

These are a pretty big deal when WW takes anywhere from ten to twenty minutes to grind up the ultimate (assuming you aren't wearing all WW gear) for thirty seconds of hairball. Most of my time is spent kneeling like an idiot.

So...out of all this...you decide to fix a speed boost that happens once in a while and an oversight that let people get a little more time...? That's the priority? Disappointing.
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another whine about something that is most likely getting fixed in 1.1 thread? *Licks tears*

Two words for you:

Cure yourself.
    Edited by tordr86b16_ESO on May 12, 2014 4:23PM
  • Spiderwebs
    Spiderwebs
    ✭✭
    Another whine about something that is most likely getting fixed in 1.1 thread? *Licks tears*

The only thing they've said about WW is that they may be reducing the ult cost in the future. You'd think that if they were fixing it in 1.1 they could leave the only thing that made it slightly viable at the moment instead of us getting a just-for-fun 50% poison weakness.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭
    What makes you think that they found out what is causing an issue. They fix what they can, at the same time try and be sure the server isnt down for more than it already is. It's just alot easier to fix what you can when faced with bigger issues that still need to be looked at.
  • Spiderwebs
    Spiderwebs
    ✭✭
    What makes you think that they found out what is causing an issue. They fix what they can, at the same time try and be sure the server isnt down for more than it already is. It's just alot easier to fix what you can when faced with bigger issues that still need to be looked at.

The pack leader thing is pretty big. Working on it or not, I'm still allowed to be disappointed with what they choose to roll out, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    Spiderwebs wrote: »

The only thing they've said about WW is that they may be reducing the ult cost in the future. You'd think that if they were fixing it in 1.1 they could leave the only thing that made it slightly viable at the moment instead of us getting a just-for-fun 50% poison weakness.

lol at least it's poison weakness. There's very little poison in this game. However, Vampires are pretty useless too other than the just-for-fun fire weakness. And there's fire EVERYWHERE. lol

I cured mine and decided I'd rather pay for it in the future IF they ever fix the passive and broken crap. Until then, I'm going to do without it. :(
  • Greiger
    Greiger
    I am dissapointed as well. I don't even have a Werewolf but a friend does and just seeing them have to build specifically for their werewolf to actually use it once an hour or so in practice is pretty bad. And from comparing our recount data with eachother he's not even doing much more damage than I do normally when in that form in trade for far less damage all other times.

He even claims he has been kicked from dungeon groups because people saw the werewolf debuff through FTC and didn't want somebody that specs into a useless tree, so it's not like the issues are unknown to people without WW.

Zenimax's bugfixing priorities are completely out of whack. And WW isn't the only case that shows it. Yes maybe these are easy fixes, and yes stuff like the multi-devour thing is a bug. But it's a bug that makes the skill tree tolerable until the big skilltree breaking issues are solved.

At least reduce the ultimate cost for ****s sake to balance it against the broken features while they wait to be fixed. Is changing the ultimate cost really going to break so many things that it needs to wait til craiglorn which is still who knows how far away? If changing what by all rights should be a simple database number has such far reaching consequences, you have far bigger problems with your code than people realize.

Fixing bugs is all well and good but how about throwing these people who are still using WW on faith that it will be fixed a bone huh? (ha!)
    Edited by Greiger on May 12, 2014 5:06PM
  • Klynt420
    Klynt420
    Soul Shriven

Two words for you:

Cure yourself.
    oh you must one of those people and use people loosley in the fact that you think your need to slam or insult other peoples opions is more valid or worth while i have 2 words for you too..........shut up

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Two words for you:

Cure yourself.

This folks, is a prime example of whats wrong with game communities.

PS: its not getting fixed with 1.1.
  • bluesodafizz
    bluesodafizz
    ✭✭✭
    "for thirty seconds of hairball."

Lol I don't know why but when I read that it really made me laugh...because of the werewolf pun...I'm sorry lol, but I love it! :D
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I have said it and said it. With the whole line fubar as it is, they could at least extend the WW form time. Not a game breaker. Nor is it a massive code change.
    WW have been Fubar, the only reason we have not gotten any attention is we were not the OP FOTM.
    Also again, this bug fix = no big deal.
    I never saw a corpse I could eat twice. Even if I did, so what? The time spent to eat is still longer than you get back. Plus you have to eat either in the midst of combat, where your totally vulnerable, or eat then run hoping you don't change before your next target find.

EDIT oops, meant to also say, and no HP Regen from the eating either.
    Edited by Reenlister on May 12, 2014 5:14PM
  • Spiderwebs
    Spiderwebs
    ✭✭
    "for thirty seconds of hairball."

Lol I don't know why but when I read that it really made me laugh...because of the werewolf pun...I'm sorry lol, but I love it! :D

xD Well I'm certainly not a destructive beast!
    Greiger wrote: »
    Fixing bugs is all well and good but how about throwing these people who are still using WW on faith that it will be fixed a bone huh? (ha!)

Yeah, I've been kicked myself a few times. I'm a capable player, don't get me wrong, but people see werewolf as a liability. just leave me alone and let me shoot things ahahaha. God forbid I go in zone chat asking if anyone wants a bite, because I'm immediately bombarded with "werewolf sucks and so do you" nonsense. It just seems like they could stand to roll out fixes as a complete set instead of picking at ones that make it marginally useful while leaving the huge, glaring problems. Or at least reduce the ult or increase the time or something. I check the fixes every patch note and it's just nothing, over and over.
  • Morbus2
    Morbus2
    ✭✭✭
    Bugs:
    - Pack Leader morph is completely useless. Kicks you out of form almost immediately, every single time.
    - Ult resets constantly

(Not really a bug, but still a problem - ww is hardly ever stronger than untransformed character unless you build around it)

These are a pretty big deal when WW takes anywhere from ten to twenty minutes to grind up the ultimate (assuming you aren't wearing all WW gear) for thirty seconds of hairball. Most of my time is spent kneeling like an idiot.

So...out of all this...you decide to fix a speed boost that happens once in a while and an oversight that let people get a little more time...? That's the priority? Disappointing.

Now you know how vampires feel.

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morbus2 wrote: »
    Bugs:
    - Ult resets constantly

Sorry, vamp skills work properly.

Passives work..... mostly.

Until you die.

And you don't rely on an ultimate to use them.

Imagine you had to be in a vampire lord form to use your drains and stuff. That cost 1000 ultimate. And none of the passives worked outside the form.

Except that the form was buggy as hell and stopped working randomly.

Now you know how werewolves feel.

• Spiderwebs
    Spiderwebs
    ✭✭
    Bugs:
    - Ult resets constantly

yyyyyyeah it's not the same thing at all. I've never seen a vamp get beaten to death because they were stuck in a kneeling position for half the fight.
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugs:
    - Ult resets constantly

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me. Werewolves just got shafted again !

:(
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
  • WilliamTee
    WilliamTee
    ✭✭✭
    Their priority is to fix things in optional skill lines that can be abused to effect everyone in the game.

(such as nigh-unkillable vamps and never-ending werewolfiness)

And then they will look at spending the greater resources required to fix multiple problems that effect a limited pool of players who choose to use a certain skill line.

Harsh, but utilitarian nonetheless.
  • Fairydragon3
    Fairydragon3
    ✭✭✭✭

The pack leader thing is pretty big. Working on it or not, I'm still allowed to be disappointed with what they choose to roll out, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I'm saying they didn't chose anything, they are fixing what they can. You can be disappointed, but only at the circumstances.
  • TieFighter
    TieFighter
    ✭✭✭
    please fix pack leader ultimate so that it doesnt fade 3 seconds after you transform, also please fix the ultimate cost
    Da'Hui DC imperial mage dragonknight(retired but retained)
    Hand Saryn Valor EP dunmer templar(mage/healer)
    Pergan Asuul AD dunmer dragonknight(dps firemage)
    Mi'Mosa EP imperial nightblade(stamina)
    Limu'Kai EP Sahxleel dragonknight(vampire mage)
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TieFighter wrote: »
    please fix pack leader ultimate so that it doesnt fade 3 seconds after you transform, also please fix the ultimate cost

Well either fix the cost or better yet increase the time we can stay in WW form, because at the moment its basically a joke !

:(
  • drowned.thought_ESO
    Yeah werewolf should be a low cost (50-150) ultimate that lasts for 5-10 minutes and have it be a no-cost toggle effect at night.

Then have a health/stam/magika regen (15-30%) after devouring on a target, and have it last for an hour or 2 and stay active while out of Werewolf form.
    (Gives encourage to let the beast out every now and then even though your human form is 10x more overpowered.)

I shouldn't have to spend 2-3 hours for seconds of Werewolf time.
    Although with the right build, I can get my ultimate up to 435 in under 5 minutes, which with the right gear, that is how much my ultimate costs.

That being said, I should just be able to be a Werewolf. The Werewolf in me should be clawing it's way out of me in a fight, not me digging in deep into my thoughts to anger myself into one.
    If Werewolf costs anything more than 100 ultimate or so, it should not be an Ultimate.

Werewolves should be able to be Werewolves.

And there should be a construction place at the ritual site for the Salvation set.

*EDIT*

Werewolves AND vampires weakness passives need a rework.

It should just subtract a flat amount, like 200-300 fire/poison resistance then have a %50 reduction of fire/poison resistance, rather than %50 increased damage.

Why? Because the other Elder Scrolls gave a simple resistance debuff (that increased damage) but could be fully countered by resistance gear.
    In this game however, it cannot be fully countered, therefor anyone who is a Vampire or a Werewolf can say goodbye to Craglorn.
    Edited by drowned.thought_ESO on May 12, 2014 7:13PM
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How dare you insult us... come here and I'll scratch your eyes out ! ! !

;)

Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 12, 2014 8:29PM
  • drowned.thought_ESO
    Phantax wrote: »

How dare you insult us... come here and I'll scratch your eyes out ! ! !

;)

He's telling you to come to him cause he's afraid to pounce and freeze himself for the next 25 seconds. :D
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 12, 2014 8:30PM
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now you see what this game does to us, poor werewolves T_T
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 12, 2014 8:30PM
  • ChampionSheWolf
    ChampionSheWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    lol at least it's poison weakness. There's very little poison in this game. However, Vampires are pretty useless too other than the just-for-fun fire weakness. And there's fire EVERYWHERE. lol

I cured mine and decided I'd rather pay for it in the future IF they ever fix the passive and broken crap. Until then, I'm going to do without it. :(

Hrmm, not sure if serious... yep totally is serious... *points at* BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA, omg you are too funny with that statement. And completely wrong.
    Harbinger of The Black Wolves.
    Member of Grindstone.

Ebonheart Pact
    Tyra Ravenheim - Templar (newly rerolled)
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugs:
    - Ult resets constantly

so irrelevant. scampires have no idea what werewolves have to put up with.

Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• Still_Mind
    Still_Mind
    ✭✭✭
    WilliamTee wrote: »
    Their priority is to fix things in optional skill lines that can be abused to effect everyone in the game.

And then they will look at spending the greater resources required to fix multiple problems that effect a limited pool of players who choose to use a certain skill line.

I would agree with you.... in case if the WW form was actually strong and didn't disadvantage you more than it benefits you.
    "I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!"
  • DrowsDestiny_ESO
    DrowsDestiny_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    WilliamTee wrote: »

Um.... I'm sorry but the only time you had "never-ending werewolfiness" was when you found that ONE spot that all it has is humanoid mobs to feed on, and then guess what? Thats it! All that was, was fun time to actually get to be a werewolf and rage about. You can't do it in pvp areas you can't do it in areas that offer no humanoid feeding targets, it wasn't impacting any one else other than the one werewolf. And even then you are so focused on not letting the timer run out you can't even hit the loot button for fear you reach too far and hit R and accidentally force yourself back into human form. Which do not even get me started on why there is a button to force yourself back into humanoid form when its so flipping short anyways!

That said I will point out that at least when you feed now the timer stops until the feed animation is over and you get your really minimal time back. That does help SLIGHTLY. However, I know I represent a small portion of people when I say that any thing less than an unlimited toggle absolutely screws over ANYONE wanting to rp as a werewolf period! Again I know I'm bitching for one of the most overlooked communities in "modern" mmos but seriously you can't even come close to having a decent time trying to do any pack style rp or rp as a werewolf guild when there is a time limit like that. Fine you want it to be an ult that takes forever to build... great but let it be unlimited time in the form.... not that this would solve any of our other weaknesses but hey it would at least be something to let us feel like the beasts we want to be.

I've said it once in another post, I'll say it again... ZENIMAX you have a wonderful game with lots of potential, please listen to the players and some where for the love of all just communicate with us, out side of random tickets that people send in and AMAs where there are so many people posting and wanting an answer to everything in the game that there is no possible way you can answer even a quarter of them.
  • DrowsDestiny_ESO
    DrowsDestiny_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Oh I forgot about this in my haste to post. What was the logic in giving players a skill line with a form that lasts 30 seconds like this when not a single NPC that is a werewolf takes time to A. be in human form to fight (at least that i've found) and B. stay that way forever. They don't have a limited amount of time as a wolf why the heck do we? Talk about immersion breaking.....