The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Character sort order

gilandbb14_ESO
On the login screen I have several chars listed. Is there a way to change their order so I can put my chars in a specific order?
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't found one. I believe they're just listed in order of date/time created.
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think alphabetically would be more intuitive than the current sort.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • fougerec99b16_ESO
    fougerec99b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's only 8 characters at most, it's not that hard to glance through them and find the one you want to play.

Of course that being said I only have 3 characters and I've twice accidentally logged in to the wrong one :)
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only 8 characters at most, it's not that hard to glance through them and find the one you want to play.

Of course that being said I only have 3 characters and I've twice accidentally logged in to the wrong one :)
    True.

I still think creation date is a counter-intuitive sort order for characters.
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Xithian
    Xithian
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood why more games don't just let you click and drag characters to reorder them. I tend to stick to one character at a time, and it's nice to have my current main at the top of the list and mules/tradeskillers at the bottom.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xithian wrote: »
    I've never understood why more games don't just let you click and drag characters to reorder them. I tend to stick to one character at a time, and it's nice to have my current main at the top of the list and mules/tradeskillers at the bottom.

I agree , that would be handy.

I have 7 mules...

Well the vet icon does help me always pick my main , since i dont have veteran mules lols.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • EramTheLiar
    EramTheLiar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, it's not HARD to sort through the characters, but darn it all I want my characters grouped by faction! :D
  • gilandbb14_ESO
    See? several good reasons to allow a account holder to sort their characters.
    Current main, by faction, and because I want that control! :)
  • neidzwiedzub17_ESO
    neidzwiedzub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, it's not HARD to sort through the characters, but darn it all I want my characters grouped by faction! :D

My thoughts exactly.

I walk alone,
    If our paths converge
    We may share the road
    When our paths diverge
    I walk alone.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    GW2 has it sorted by either alphabetical or last logged in and if I recall GW1 could sort by pve/pvp and alphabetically too. Creation date is a bit silly for it to be sorted by, personally I think their log-in screen could do with some polish, but that's more of a preference than a need.
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • TTMighty
    TTMighty
    ✭✭✭
    I also would like this feature. I want to have my "playing" characters at the top and my "mules" at the bottom. Regardless of the reasons ,and it seems there are several, I think this should be an added feature. Many thanks in advance to the programmer at ZOS that adds it. :-D
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarenia wrote: »

True.

I still think creation date is a counter-intuitive sort order for characters.

Agreed, every other game I have ever played it places last played at the top.
    Although I would much rather be able to sort it in an order I want myself.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Character Select screen is a GUI. This means things can be moved around. Just give the user a way to move the character icons around to the manner they see fit or makes sense to them. Then we can apply our own rules to the order of importance of the character list.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I created them in priority of naming order, so the ones named after my Oblivion & Skyrim chars came first.
    :smile:
    & I really wish they would be arranged by Alliance!

I know its silly, but it bugs me that the background keeps changing back & forth as I go down the list.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Lifsteinn
    Lifsteinn
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a very nice feature!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible for someone to create an addon that makes this possible?

Either one that offers several pre-determined sorting methods like alphabetical, by Alliance etc. or one that lets us drag and drop or otherwise custom sort them?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Lifsteinn
    Lifsteinn
    ✭✭✭
    Add-ons can't change the login screen.
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    I can't count how many times I've wished this was possible. :disappointed:

I actually attempted awhile back it to see if there was an option to and was thoroughly disappointed that there wasn't.
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why we still don't have this :(
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Bakven
    Bakven
    ✭✭✭
    Someone is a Necromancer
    EP NA Haderus
    Iscangar- Mageblade (retired pvp; pve only now)
    Emlyn Medresi - Magicka DK

Soon to come
    Vash'rassa- Stamblade
    -Tiffany - Stam DK
    Trokaar - Mageblade (vamp/Iscangar 2.0)
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bakven wrote: »
    Someone is a Necromancer
    Gotta love a good necro-thread!

Coincidentally I DID hear this feature was on the list of "maybe sometime, yeah" not too long ago!
    I think it was in an "ask us anything" segment on ESO Live
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've asked for this feature to be added multiple times (along with being able to sort guilds for a similar reason)

Post threads about it on general and give feedback IN game requesting it.

This should be a fairly simple addition but no word.........just keep asking.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed

Oops. I mean *ehem* sorry this is not currently available in ESO. Although many, many, MANY folks would love it. Myself included.

(Edit) totally okay with this necromancy
    Edited by MissBizz on August 9, 2016 1:00AM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI! from the AUA segment transcript last ESO Live...
    Q: On the character selection screen, it would be so awesome if we could juggle the list of characters, placing our favorite on top. Could you do this?
    We think it’d be awesome too! This is something we were actually discussing very recently, and are working on scoping it out.

YAY!
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    Time to necro this again. It looks like with the Morrowind update we will have the ability to have 14 characters. I have wanted this feature since day 1. Please include this as I have 9 toons already and would love to sort them.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    /necrosigned by a new player. I now have 4 toons, and want one to be my new main, and have my son's baby toon at the bottom. Just Do It.
  • seganku
    seganku
    Soul Shriven
    I now have 11 chars, but have wished for this feature since I had 3. That said, lack of the feature obviously hasn't stopped me from playing.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extreme thread necro here, but since this topic is still current, I quite agree! Zenimax, please add a character sort option already! :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Fnoptik
    Fnoptik
    ✭✭
    Bump from july 2018.
    Zenimax, please add a character sort option.
  • Nassasil
    Nassasil
    Soul Shriven
    YES would be awsome !!