Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Healing Staff.

Zsymon
Zsymon
✭✭✭✭
Grand Healing: which morph do you prefer and why?
Regeneration: Which morph do you prefer, Mutagen or Rapid Regeneration?

I can't choose between those four morphs.

Best Answer

• anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Grand Healing: which morph do you prefer and why?
    Regeneration: Which morph do you prefer, Mutagen or Rapid Regeneration?

I can't choose between those four morphs.

First off, I don't use the resto staff skills save for magic regen and passive to some extent. The slots are much better spent on other class skills (especially for templar imo).

Regeneration: If you are hybrid, you better of with Mutagen since the lag/swap can sometimes mean life/death for you or players on your team when you switch back/forward between weapons. Rapid Regeneration is the most common used one but works better when soloing.

Grand Healing: Illustrious Healing is good for group from time to time but how often do your group clump up? Regardless of morph? Again, class heals are better.

Hope that helps.
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
    Answer ✓
  • Travail
    Travail
    ✭✭✭
    I like Rapid Regen over Mutagen. Mutagen can potentially end up costing you more resources for less healing, since you have to reapply it every time someone drops below the threshold. If that happens often, you could be forced to reapply this over and over again, which is a drain on your resources. It's nice to simply be able to use Rapid Regen twice every 16 seconds to ensure I have a constant heal ticking away on my entire group. It's just one less thing to worry about.

I morphed Grand Healing into Healing Springs, but that's mainly because, as a Templar, I only use this skill in PvP. In PvP, most players don't stand within the circle for the entire duration of the ability, so that extra second added to the duration is wasted. Also, if you are running in a large group in PvP, Healing Springs will often hit 5-6 players, which means the magicka returned per ally hit starts to add up.

For PvE dungeons, Illustrious healing offers a better heal:cost ratio. If you find you have magicka regen issues while healing PvE dungeons, you should probably consider this morph over Healing Springs.

-Travail.
    Edited by Travail on May 13, 2014 2:16AM
    www.obsidianbrotherhood.com