The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hardcore Realism Mode

• Tarum
    Tarum
    ✭✭✭
    @Mnemosyne , very nice to find someone that plays like me :)
    Keep it up!
    Some of my sculpts (the ones i'm allowed to share, not under copyright)
    andreatarabella.blogspot.com.es/
  • Mnemosyne
    Mnemosyne
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to those with kind words, it's nice to come back and see this post is still relevant!

I'm very glad I made this post too. To document what mods I had back then...

Has anyone found a newer mod that makes any of these obsolete?
  • Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    Well sure some things would add more immersion to the game. Not saying it isn't, sure it is and a lot. I know it is an mmo, but I hope some things taken from single player games and their respective mods would add a nice amount to it.
    Edited by Arshiya on January 12, 2016 8:15AM
    I am well aware that there is no need to feed that often. I just want to. Amy.
    Otherwise I play on PC platform on EU.
  • mtPrimo
    mtPrimo
    That was a nice way to challenge yourself. I really would like to see these type of choices a default option in the game!
    Admiral Primo of Thir - Altmer | Templar | Aldmeri Dominion |
    Primo I - Imperial | Dragon Knight | Ebonhart Pact |

The strategic advantage developed by good warriors is like the movement of a round stone, rolling down a mountain 300 meters high. The force required is negligible; the result, spectacular.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krist wrote: »
    I never understood how ideas like this somehow intimidate those that feel the need for all add ons, all the time. Some people like full immersion into the game setting. I can respect that. Some day I may try this out, but I think I will be better off learning the ends and outs of it first.

Nice OP though. Very good idea.

yeah, I love using Pinkiller & having the ui really minimal.
    but ALSO! I have the Quest Map add-on active with everything toggled off, so when I need to find something I can.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • MikkeOfGreenRiver
    MikkeOfGreenRiver
    ✭✭✭
    It’s great to see some other people who play this way. I can’t use mods, but this is exactly the thread I would be looking for if I could. Thanks for sharing your experience despite the inevitable nay-sayers.
  • Solace of Shadows
    Getting rid of the pin indicators was the first thing I wanted. I'd hoped there was a way to do this in settings (as I didn't know how to use add-ons at first).

It almost feels like a completely different game now that I've done full (almost) immersion.

I kept the health, magic and stamina bars (though only during combat) since in reality you can feel those naturally. Also alliance indicators in PVP because of obvious reasons.

It takes forever to get through the game but I've enjoyed it much more. One side effect was I had lots of game time and I tried out and maxed every weapon, armor type and class skill line by level veteran rank one.

Indicators on the map as a last resort but it feels like cheating.
    Solace In Shadows is my name in the realm of Tamriel. If you disagree with my words or disparage my sentiments, then face me on the battlefield and you can kiss my axe.
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow... I haven't even considered this before now, but thanks to your post I realize that I want to do this. Just started an alt and will try it out. I wish I would have tried this before I basically memorized what mob levels were in most areas. Thanks though!
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was looking for a post like this So I read all the RP posts from 2014!
    Glad I found it, Times have changed I will be making a post with an updated version of this play style. :D
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit more extreme than my usual settings when I'm in the immersive mood (which is often) but I love it!

I like to play with no hp bars, and no skill bar, but I do leave on my character attribute bars (they are small and blend in okay) but I think I might start turning those off too now.

It makes the "easy and boring" content enjoyable again. I normally play with the ability bar always off, but recently changed my bars and its been rough getting used to it haha

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hardcore Realism mode is not done correctly unless dying in the game kills you in real life! also you should feel pain if an enemy hits you, and if you run out of stam in the game you need to get winded in real life.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    yeah i love playing with UI disabled occasionally, but you know what kills it? They don't have road signs anywhere in Tamriel (in 2nd Era only, cough-cough ZOS, cough-cough) ._ . Every time i take a long walk from one city to another i hit the 'map' key at every crossroads just to stay on the route. On the bright side though, main roads and back roads look distinct enough most the times.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Hardcore Realism mode is not done correctly unless dying in the game kills you in real life! also you should feel pain if an enemy hits you, and if you run out of stam in the game you need to get winded in real life.

@dazee

Easly done

Step 1
    Go to home Depot and get a hammer
    Step 2
    Play ESO
    Step 3
    When you die in ESO, Use the item in Step 1 on yourself
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sjestenka wrote: »
    yeah i love playing with UI disabled occasionally, but you know what kills it? They don't have road signs anywhere in Tamriel (in 2nd Era only, cough-cough ZOS, cough-cough) ._ . Every time i take a long walk from one city to another i hit the 'map' key at every crossroads just to stay on the route. On the bright side though, main roads and back roads look distinct enough most the times.

What I do Is I Set a Mark on the map, and When I get lost I try to find NPC and roleplay that I ask him or her a question, When I do I toggle the Compass too see in which direction it is in.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WiseSky wrote: »
    dazee wrote: »

@dazee

Easly done

Step 1
    Go to home Depot and get a hammer
    Step 2
    Play ESO
    Step 3
    When you die in ESO, Use the item in Step 1 on yourself

Not reliable enough, you need to go to Wal-Mart and buy a Guillotine.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Sjestenka
    Sjestenka
    ✭✭✭
    What I do Is I Set a Mark on the map, and When I get lost I try to find NPC and roleplay that I ask him or her a question, When I do I toggle the Compass too see in which direction it is in.

While i do find the solution elegant, rarely i am immersed enough to imagine NPCs talk, i'm affraid ._ . Last time i faced the problem though, i imagined my character consulted with her map every time i opened mine.. But hey, i would still prefer road signs
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sjestenka wrote: »

While i do find the solution elegant, rarely i am immersed enough to imagine NPCs talk, i'm affraid ._ . Last time i faced the problem though, i imagined my character consulted with her map every time i opened mine.. But hey, i would still prefer road signs

Consulting the map is definitely ok, its not hard to imagine that the character has the map.
    Have you tried True Exploration addon with that? and removing all the icons too>?

Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    currently working on way to play Will immersion more :D
    Immersive Quests Addon
    List of Immersion Addons