Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Kissing up to murdering charlatans (lore issue for nerds you have been warned)

• Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    I'd submit that Almalexia is already loopy. Like I pointed out, the ritual you have to perform in the Tribunal temple which directly allows the bad guys to get away with an important artifact shows that she's already deep in fundamentalist fanatic territory *for herself*.

I take Vivec's claims of saving Morrowind from the Akaviri with a large salt mine, considering he is a well accomplished weaver of tales that elevate himself above all others (in that respect he truly is the avatar of Kirkbride).
    But in any case the fact that the Tribunal have done some good as a side effect of maintaining their own power doesn't really say much, and while my character can't know what they've done, I don't see why I have to show these creepy powermongers much deference either.

Oh and to answer why they killed Nerevar, I would say it's because Nerevar's beliefs conflicted with them using the heart. He wanted to destroy it, and either wouldn't have allowed them to do it or would have exposed their use of Dwemer technology and the heart to the people.
    Edited by Rayadrel on May 16, 2014 12:54PM
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bah! I'm just annoyed that a) Mournhold doesn't share the layout from "Morrowind" and that none of the ordinators/guards state "Mournhold; City of Light, City of Magic!" :). I'm ambivalent about the events at Red Mountain featuring Nerevar, I "wasn't there" so I cannot judge, even from the POV of the Nerevarine.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    Well Mournhold really isn't a city of light, a city of magic or a city of pretty much anything really. It's utterly devoid of personality and life here.
    Edited by Rayadrel on May 17, 2014 2:23AM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rayadrel wrote: »
    Shiaxi wrote: »
    slightly offtopic but this:
    http://fallingawkwardly.wordpress.com/2010/08/29/the-metaphysics-of-morrowind-part-1/

is an interesting read mostly about how the elder scrolls in general and Vivec in specific screw around with the 4th wall in gaming :p

lotsa words but an interesting read

Hmm.. this level of ramble seems quite familiar. I'm certain I've argued with this person in the past.
    But then it was quite a few years ago and many of the group that in this post-Twilight era I now refer to as Team Vehk had the same manner of metaphyiscal justifications to pretend Vivec was a super-ultra-god, egged on by Kirkbride and his ego.

Interesting read, yes. But a hell of a lot of wishful thinking going on there.

Vivec breaks the crap out of the fourth wall. Its subtle and I didnt catch it at first.

I love Vivec as a character, as seen in the game of Morrowind. Anything outside that scope I take with a grain of salt.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rayadrel wrote: »
    Well Mournhold really isn't a city of light, a city of magic or a city of pretty much anything really. It's utterly devoid of personality and life here.

Very true and it is also 800 years till that time. A lot can change. Mournhold, in Tribunal was flat with massive Sewers underneath and I can't help but feel that perhaps that is why it's so different back in ESO period. To be specific, They built over it all and we're current walking where the sewers will be :D.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread