The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bolt Escape add Magic Regen Debuff

mechengr7
mechengr7
✭✭✭
Just another idea on how to help balance bolt escape.

I propose that it have a magic regen debuff that stacks with each use.

Bolt escape should be a viable escape option, but it should not allow the player to get back into combat immediately. Also, if you choose the wrong direction, then you deal with the consequences. Also, this may help reduce the quantity of usage during an escape so the caster can't try to escape in one direction, see a zerg, and suddenly blink off into another.

Just seems to be a good way to keep the skill working how it should, but at the same time trying to balance it.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    mechengr7 wrote: »

Bolt escape should be a viable escape option, but it should not allow the player to get back into combat immediately. Also, if you choose the wrong direction, then you deal with the consequences. Also, this may help reduce the quantity of usage during an escape so the caster can't try to escape in one direction, see a zerg, and suddenly blink off into another.

Just seems to be a good way to keep the skill working how it should, but at the same time trying to balance it.

I do not want to take away from your well thought out feedback, but seriously not only is there 4 active threads on the topic, this specific feedback was one of the main topics of one of them already.

Please don't take this to mean any criticism on your feedback (which is well presented) just making duplicate threads is all I'm complaining about... there's a reason it's against forum rules.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
    Options
  • Asava
    Asava
    ✭✭✭
    That's fine but the BE range would have to be increased. 15m is not enough to escape when the basic grip is 18m and morphed is 22m, talons is 8m radius. 7m is melee range for the most part and BE barely is double that range. If the enemy is moving, which they should be, they could close that gap in 1-2 seconds and sorcs would have no escape.
    Options
  • mechengr7
    mechengr7
    ✭✭✭
    LadyChaos wrote: »

I do not want to take away from your well thought out feedback, but seriously not only is there 4 active threads on the topic, this specific feedback was one of the main topics of one of them already.

Please don't take this to mean any criticism on your feedback (which is well presented) just making duplicate threads is all I'm complaining about... there's a reason it's against forum rules.

Ah, I apologize. I didn't see anything on debuffing the magic regen, only increasing magic consumption. I'm on my mobile so I tend to miss some of the discussions. Sorry about that.
    Options
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah, I apologize. I didn't see anything on debuffing the magic regen, only increasing magic consumption. I'm on my mobile so I tend to miss some of the discussions. Sorry about that.

Since searching on phone is miserable:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/90439/increase-magicka-cost-of-bolt-escape#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/94452/sorc-is-out-of-control-now-that-there-is-no-counter-anymore#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/92049/so-bolt-escape-aoe-root-damage-escape-people-are-litterally-blinking-foes-to-death#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/93326/now-that-mist-form-is-out-of-the-way-next-up-bolt-escape#latest

BTW mag regen is halved when you bolt for a short period after already since launch. If you already knew that disregard the info.
    Edited by LadyChaos on May 8, 2014 8:32PM
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is already a 50% magicka regen debuff on each cast.

The skill got nerfed shortly before the end of Beta.

Doing it again would ruin the skill.
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • mechengr7
    mechengr7
    ✭✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

Yes, I realize this, but the skill is obviously not balanced with the current debuff. The idea behind my proposal is that it allows the player to escape, but not reenter combat due to the regen debuff and low mana. I wouldn't recommend the debuff stack to ridiculous amounts, but it seems to be a fitting and logical consequence to this skill (i.e. I ran away, therefore I'm tired).

Just trying to tie logical consequences to the idea of skills balancing.
    Options
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »

Yes, I realize this, but the skill is obviously not balanced with the current debuff. The idea behind my proposal is that it allows the player to escape, but not reenter combat due to the regen debuff and low mana. I wouldn't recommend the debuff stack to ridiculous amounts, but it seems to be a fitting and logical consequence to this skill (i.e. I ran away, therefore I'm tired).

Just trying to tie logical consequences to the idea of skills balancing.

But preventing them from entering combat would ruin the Streak morph, which is intended to be used offensively. Your suggestion might make sense for Ball of Lightning, but even then they already blew a munch of magicka and have reduced regen.

If they specced to be a high regen char, why should they be punished for intelligent use of skills?
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
    Options
  • mechengr7
    mechengr7
    ✭✭✭

Since searching on phone is miserable:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/90439/increase-magicka-cost-of-bolt-escape#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/94452/sorc-is-out-of-control-now-that-there-is-no-counter-anymore#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/92049/so-bolt-escape-aoe-root-damage-escape-people-are-litterally-blinking-foes-to-death#latest

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/93326/now-that-mist-form-is-out-of-the-way-next-up-bolt-escape#latest

BTW mag regen is halved when you bolt for a short period after already since launch. If you already knew that disregard the info.

Correct, under my circumstances, the forum search is complicated, difficult and miserable. Thank you for considering this.
    Options