Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Templar Solar Barrage - My first real gripe.

Falmer
Falmer
✭✭✭✭
So I am trying out playing a Templar as a ranged spellcaster type going heavy into the Dawn (fire) line.

So I just morphed the Solar Flare into Solar Barrage, figuring an Area effect spell would be a huge improvement. Now I actually didn't realize that it dropped the range part of the spell to become a close area attack. However, that is kind of my fault for not reading the spell stats that closely. This could be very workable though, as its a pretty nifty spell still.

Here's my gripe. I play the game in 1st person mode, and this spell puts this shining ring graphics effect around the camera view. In itself, wouldn't be a bad thing, but the halo is always positioned in the direction your character is facing. So if you move the mouse around while standing still. The halo effect moves to the center of the screen completely barring vision. So if you use this spell, you have to keep moving forward to be able to see anything.

This effect either needs to be changed, reduced, or at the very least fixed so that it affects that actual viewing angle of the 1st person camera, and not the direction the character model is facing.

This is debilitating enough that I might actually submit an in-game bug report for it.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only tried playing my templar on first person view once , how come you dont get blind by all the light.

Honestly , i dont see how people play this outside third person view.

I support that eventually zen needs to rethink this.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Northman
    Northman
    ✭✭
    I have this problem aswell, i play about 80% of the game in FPV. And using Barrage is really annoying with the bright light in my face.
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES>... this. I really enjoyed that spell prior to morph, I did not read the tool tip closely enough as its counter intuitive to change a ranged spell to melee...

this morph ruined the spell and made me run to look into respec just to fix it. i held off as I figured there will be more disappointments down the road and to just wait.

MORPHING A SPELL SHOULD NOT CHANGE ITS BASIC PREMIS...IE RANGE VS MELEE

and pls fix the blinding light, im surprised with all the laws regarding epilepsy inducing effects this got thru
    Edited by reggielee on May 10, 2014 1:18PM
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.