The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cost of hiring a crafter who has all motifs

• Tigermonkey
    Tigermonkey
    Soul Shriven
    Well it does depend "what it is worth to you" but as one who has spent many ours over quite a few months since pre-launch to develop a crafter who has all motif styles and nearly all traits (8 in all & 9 in most) across every craft (all maxed out for skill) why would you resent my wanting that valued? If it is just the motif I share your reservation but most people want specified styles, aspect & crafted set (some take heaps of aspect research) so it should probably be priced by all of those but espectially the number of aspects in the requested sets. That is the bit that will take you months or years to replicate yourself.
    Options
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Note that you just responded to a post that was ten months old. Please check the date of the last post in the threads, or you will end up necroing threads all over the place.
    Options
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For people in guild, I'd do it for cost of mats alone. But for non-guildies, yeah, that's a fair price.
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.
    Options
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kuratla wrote: »
    Kililin wrote: »
    How is this cheater able to craft full 8 trait sets?
    So in one of my trade guilds, a crafter said that he had all motifs and could make any blacksmithing gear you could want.

3k for rare pattern is ok, it is really just an compensation for spending the time to craft you something.

Pretty sure he meant any level up to VR10 and any motif, not any craftable set gear. Not enough time has passed in the game for people to have even just 1 eight-trait item researched.

What a what? ....I can't even.... I just...

FYI there are many of us that have the capabilities to make a full set of EIGHT trait armors and weapons in game. We've been researching and resetting research carefully. It is quite an investment of time management to get that research cooking asap. We've also (as I have) invested in several sets of rare racial books to be able to craft on an alt for say weapons, another for armor. The return on this investment has proven time and again to be negligible, as players expect me to drop what I am doing and make their gear essentially for free. I think one should count themselves lucky to find a crafter able and willing to drop their gameplay in order to accommodate you. They have spent skill points where you have not (and perhaps lack many damage skills) and while I personally planned from early launch to do this to make money, while you PvE or AvA for coin, let's help their continued viability by tipping your crafter's accordingly. Otherwise they may re spec, then who would you go to?
    p.s. I sell six & eight trait rare gear for at least 800-1000 each piece easily. Its been the going price for months.
    Edited by SLy_Kyti on March 4, 2015 8:35AM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
    Options
  • Dekkameron
    Dekkameron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3000 seems alright. I imagine that also includes travel to the set piece crafting stations too which can be quite a hassle.
    - Veteran Combat Librarian -
    Options
  • farrier_ESO
    farrier_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've got everything but nirnhoned in all crafting lines, plus most of the nirnhoned heavy either researching or researched, and I started late. I've got about half the nirnhoned armors, all told. And others with more money have been researching faster and more efficiently.
    Yet another indie games programmer.
    Upvote the change you want to see.
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I craft anyone gear for free, providing they give me the mats. If they want to tip me then fine, but i have enough gold to be not bothered about more gold.
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for me it depends, if I know them or not, if its guildies, if its newbies and such, how much they want to have done, and such.

my ww bite abit of topic but still, I have never sold that.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest thing I've seen while crafting is that people forget they are in a trade guild and want things for free or at very little cost. When your in a normal PvP guild and supply every single material including style and trait stones 3k for 5 pieces of the same set imo would be a little high. Traveling to one Set station doesn't take very long and your only looking at 5-10 minutes of travel/crafting time.

On the other hand, when people take a half hour to figure out what they want then 3k isn't an unreasonable amount. The best thing that people can do is be organized with their orders. Have the style and traits determined ahead of time to minimize crafting times. I'm not saying anyone in this post is doing that, just a general comment :smiley:
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you guys really like to take a pretty simple question and really complicate the hell out of it.
    Give a man a fish....

Slap a man with a fish and he'll smell like fish the whole day!
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »

FYI there are many of us that have the capabilities to make a full set of EIGHT trait armors and weapons in game.

FYI This thread was from May 2014, so at that time, unless you took advantage of the exploit that allowed for instant research, you would not know 8 traits on anything (well, maybe one item)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • wraith808
    wraith808
    ✭✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    Kililin wrote: »
    How is this cheater able to craft full 8 trait sets?
    So in one of my trade guilds, a crafter said that he had all motifs and could make any blacksmithing gear you could want.

3k for rare pattern is ok, it is really just an compensation for spending the time to craft you something.

Pretty sure he meant any level up to VR10 and any motif, not any craftable set gear. Not enough time has passed in the game for people to have even just 1 eight-trait item researched.

FYI there are many of us that have the capabilities to make a full set of EIGHT trait armors and weapons in game. We've been researching and resetting research carefully. It is quite an investment of time management to get that research cooking asap. We've also (as I have) invested in several sets of rare racial books to be able to craft on an alt for say weapons, another for armor. The return on this investment has proven time and again to be negligible, as players expect me to drop what I am doing and make their gear essentially for free. I think one should count themselves lucky to find a crafter able and willing to drop their gameplay in order to accommodate you. They have spent skill points where you have not (and perhaps lack many damage skills) and while I personally planned from early launch to do this to make money, while you PvE or AvA for coin, let's help their continued viability by tipping your crafter's accordingly. Otherwise they may re spec, then who would you go to?
    p.s. I sell six & eight trait rare gear for at least 800-1000 each piece easily. Its been the going price for months.

Look at the date on the OP. :smile: This was a major necro.
    Quasim ibn-Muhammad - VR 12 Redguard Dragon Knight
    Taladriel Vanima - VR 5 Altmer Nightblade
    Ambalyo iyo Bogaadin - VR 1 Redguard Sorceror
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lupinemw wrote: »
    See if you were in my guild I'd do this for free if you were supplying the Mats. Thats the whole idea of a decent guild you support each other and help each other advance along.

^This.

Our guild has quite a few crafters, many (including myself) which know all the motifs. We even supply the mats (up to green) if the guild bank has them. In this case the guildmate may need to only supply the racial stones. Although I must say, crafting a full set can take an exceptionally long time between travel to/from the bank and usually at least 2 crafting stations (which are never conveniently right beside a wayshrine). I think for someone crafting for a profit, this price seem on the high end of fair. It can also take a really long time if the person ordered is new and therefore doesn't know what details they need to tell you.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on who you talk to and 'is it worth it' to you.

By paying that much you contribute to an atmosphere of that sort of price/expectation.

On the other hand, I had someone I didn't really know help me with crafting two entire sets of Primal for a newer character I was running, declined anything (I sent some materials) just because he was that nice of a guy.

For me, no I won't run right over to a crafting station (I can do seducer & nights silence in woodworking, blacksmithing & clothier) (I can do all the basic styles, and my clothier can do Imperial) but give me a few days and I'll be happy to do a full set for anyone up to about 30th level for nothing (I have ridiculous amounts of most materials up to that level) and send it to you.

If that's too long (you play/level faster so it wouldn't work) then it's not a good deal for you. Then a more expensive but quicker crafter becomes a better option.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Especially for one of the rare motifs, I would never expect to have it done for free. Not to mention research times for each trait. 3k for an entire set of armor is cheap.

Seriously, 3k is nothing....
    Edited by SexyVette07 on March 5, 2015 4:35AM
    Options
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the materials, I'll do it for free. If you don't have the materials, it's going to cost you whatever the materials cost. By materials I mean the upgrade materials, the rest is to damn easy to find, the only material aside from upgrade mats I'd charge for is a Dwemer Frame.

So yeah. :wink:
    Edited by Panda244 on March 5, 2015 4:44AM
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously, 3k is nothing....

Where are all these rich players? If I have 5-600 I'm thrilled.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options