Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Traitors Removing Scrolls and Exploiting - We Need Action Now!

Milky
Milky
✭✭✭
We have a particular problem on Auriels Bow as Aldmeri Dominion, and I'm sure it's happening on other campaigns, where an individual is taking scrolls from our keeps, running them out into the middle of nowhere, and dropping them in holes or giving them to the enemy.

We even ran into a situation earlier where this same individual had DK pulled his friends inside a keep, and they setup oil pots all around the spawn shrine, killing players as they entered via the teleport.

These players are receiving hundreds of reports through the in-game reporting system, but nothing is being done. Why?

While we're at it, let's come up with a solution to these problems. Some ideas:

- Hot potato scroll: Elder scrolls are serious business, if you look at one you can become blind and turn into Dumbledore! Turn scroll carrying into a game of hot potato! You can't hold onto the scroll for too long before it kills you or forces you to drop it! But you can't pick it back up, someone else has to carry it before you can again.

- Scrolls reset to their previously held location when they have been dropped and untouched for more than.... 10 minutes?

- Force players to drop a scroll and not be able to pick it up if they have held it for more than.... 15 minutes?

- A few minutes cooldown before you can pick up a scroll again.
Edited by Milky on May 6, 2014 10:59PM
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say you can only pick up the scroll if you dance to Agadoo while wearing bright orange spandex.

Joking aside, I do like the idea of only being able to carry the scroll for a short period of time before having to drop it or die.

It might also stop those numpty's that pick it up and camp in a tower just to lose it again (i'm looking at you Daggerfall on Auriel's Bow EU ... we can't name and shame but you know who you are).
  • trahe
    trahe
    ✭✭
    I have clicked on my sides scrolls and it doesn't let me take it. Nor does it imbue me with wisdom, and contrary to the myths, I have not gone blind yet.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trahe wrote: »
    and contrary to the myths, I have not gone blind yet.

You must not have found the Playboy Scrolls yet.

• Milky
    Milky
    ✭✭✭
    trahe wrote: »
    I have clicked on my sides scrolls and it doesn't let me take it. Nor does it imbue me with wisdom, and contrary to the myths, I have not gone blind yet.

The enemy removes it and dies, the traitor then picks it up and runs it out and drops it in a hole.
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh. This is why we can't have nice things. *** will be ***. Well atually *** is far too lenient. These individuals are pathetic loser scum.
    Edited by JosephChip on May 7, 2014 3:14AM
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't condone cheating, but this seems like real world tactics to me, Do you folks want a war, or a game? If you want a war, then you have to deal with traitors. I still say the only way to fix this is friendly fire. If you can kill your own players then you can kill the infiltrators. Also if your a sloppy player who likes spam everything then you will kill your own buddies. This way it would take real skill to win a war, Not everyone jumping on the winner's band wagon.
    Edited by Casdha on June 29, 2014 3:52PM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a GAME!!..want a war wha?..huh?
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    I don't condone cheating, but this seems like real world tactics to me, Do you folks want a war, or a game? If you want a war, then you have to deal with traitors. I still say the only way to fix this is friendly fire. If you can kill your own players then you can kill the infiltrators. Also if your a sloppy player who likes spam everything then you will kill your own buddies. This way it would take real skill to win a war, Not everyone jumping on the winner's band wagon.

Except in war you can execute traitors.

Can't even get them reprimanded here.
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but this seems like real world tactics to me, Do you folks want a war, or a game? If you want a war, then you have to deal with traitors. I still say the only way to fix this is friendly fire. If you can kill your own players then you can kill the infiltrators.

In the real world when you kill someone they are dead. In AvA they just come back 5 minutes later.

• Wideglide007
    Milky wrote: »
    - Hot potato scroll: Elder scrolls are serious business, if you look at one you can become blind and turn into Dumbledore! Turn scroll carrying into a game of hot potato! You can't hold onto the scroll for too long before it kills you or forces you to drop it! But you can't pick it back up, someone else has to carry it before you can again.

I think THIS would be a hoot and may make for seriously chaotic huge open field fights. serious fun =)
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't condone cheating, but this seems like real world tactics to me, Do you folks want a war, or a game?

I want a PvP game not a war.

The game is actually a game.
    Edited by Armitas on June 29, 2014 7:11PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Bloodvax
    Bloodvax
    ✭✭✭
    Explain to me how planting a spy is an exploit.
    You could do the same back to the other faction if you weren't so lazy.

An exploit IS NOT whatever you don't like someone doing

Let's just start calling everything an exploit from now on.

Oh i hit that person with concelead weapon and killed em.......must be an exploiter

ALSO you can only pickup a scroll in a keep IF and only IF your are in the guild that owns the scroll keep. You also get a global message saying so and so picked up the scroll.

You can then boot them out of guild.
    Edited by Bloodvax on June 29, 2014 7:18PM
    ASYLUM-PVP
    Bloodvax- Vet Templar underpowered crafter
    Molly Mesita-OP NB
    Lizerd Wizard-Lowbie PVP toon
    AOC Big Deal Emperor of the Forum Trolls
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I reported an EP guy in Dawnbreaker EU, who is farming on DC wayshrine. Guess what I just looked in for 5 mins this evening, he is still doing it.
    Edited by martinhpb16_ESO on June 29, 2014 7:19PM
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simple
    enable friendly fire.
    this would stop a lot of other problems as well
    Or do something like "executing traitors" where, if a player is caught taking a scroll to the enemy, they can "be executed" or "court marshaled" by their former allies, and not be allowed in that PvP campaign again. If they do it 3 times, kick em out of PvP
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, just a short tip. There is a reason why other MMOs do NOT allow people to have different characters in different factions ...
  • JeffKnight
    JeffKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Milky wrote: »
    We have a particular problem on Auriels Bow as Aldmeri Dominion, and I'm sure it's happening on other campaigns, where an individual is taking scrolls from our keeps, running them out into the middle of nowhere, and dropping them in holes or giving them to the enemy.

We even ran into a situation earlier where this same individual had DK pulled his friends inside a keep, and they setup oil pots all around the spawn shrine, killing players as they entered via the teleport.

These players are receiving hundreds of reports through the in-game reporting system, but nothing is being done. Why?

While we're at it, let's come up with a solution to these problems. Some ideas:

- Scrolls reset to their previously held location when they have been dropped and untouched for more than.... 10 minutes?

- Force players to drop a scroll and not be able to pick it up if they have held it for more than.... 15 minutes?

- A few minutes cooldown before you can pick up a scroll again.

First off, are you talking about Auriel's Bow NA or EU?

Second, if you need to provide some proof... Screenshots, video, something.

Third, if you are talking NA Auriel's Bow, well, I think you are just whining that DC and EP have actually gotten organized again. Every night for the past few nights, Exceptional Legion has organized and led scroll raids against the AD - WITHOUT spies.
    Officer of Exceptional Legion
    http://www.exceptionallegion.com
    Auriel's Bow - NA
  • Vortimere
    Vortimere
    Bloodvax wrote: »
    Explain to me how planting a spy is an exploit.
    You could do the same back to the other faction if you weren't so lazy.

An exploit IS NOT whatever you don't like someone doing

Let's just start calling everything an exploit from now on.

ZOS sets the rules... if they say that a player who helps an enemy faction by chain-pulling them past a closed gate to camp the safe-zone spawn in point is an exploit, then it's an exploit. An exploit is doing something that you should not sensibly be able to do--if you throw sense and reason away then sure, nothing's an exploit.
    Okay, so the only way to do this if the gate is closed is to have an enemy character pull you in. We're going to fix this as soon as possible, but just because it's currently allowing exploiting doesn't mean it's okay to do. If you see players from your alliance actively pulling people over the gate to bring them into your spawner area where they otherwise would not be able to go, please report them for exploiting.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game or War, I just wanted to get folks to realize and state the difference, Thanks for the honest answers.

I still think the fix is with use of campaign rule sets. You could have a strict rule campaign and an anything goes campaign.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, just a short tip. There is a reason why other MMOs do NOT allow people to have different characters in different factions ...
    @killedbyping
    I would add an additional qualifier to that statement and say that ZOS should:

"ZOS should NOT allow people to have different characters in different factions on the same campaign server"

I have 3 main characters i play, one in each faction.
    But each of them is on a different campaign server and i don't "guest" on campaigns where i have another character.
    ;-)
    Edited by SirAndy on June 30, 2014 7:09PM
  • ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ferzalrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    @killedbyping
    I would add an additional qualifier to that statement and say that ZOS should:

"ZOS should NOT allow people to have different characters in different factions on the same campaign server"

I have 3 main characters i play, one in each faction.
    But each of them is on a different campaign server and i don't "guest" on campaigns where i have another character.
    ;-)

They don't allow it. These accounts are purely cheat accounts (if they actually pay for another account in addition to their main purely for the purpose of cheating I feel dreadfully sorry for these losers but it wouldn't surprise me).