The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Urgent Hotfix Required

zenmogwai
zenmogwai
Soul Shriven
AD players are now able to get into the DC spawn area. They are ganking people as they zone in from the "safe" zone. I have no idea what the exploit they are using is.

On maps where yellow owns all the keeps they can camp the North and South spawns and there is nothing DC players can do but quit the game.

There are also no DC guards spawning at the gates to their safe zone (Alma etc). Bring the servers down and fix now.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    What campaign, please?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • zenmogwai
    zenmogwai
    Soul Shriven
    Auriel's Bow. I have screenshots if needed.
  • Nickers
    Nickers
    ✭✭
    zenmogwai wrote: »
    Auriel's Bow. I have screenshots if needed.
    That would be a sight to behold, i recall in planetside we glitched into the enemy warp gate and killed them in their sanctuary... priceless
    Faction:AD
    Server: NA Megaserver
    Campaign: WabbaJack
    Guild: DCREW
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Okay, so the only way to do this if the gate is closed is to have an enemy character pull you in. We're going to fix this as soon as possible, but just because it's currently allowing exploiting doesn't mean it's okay to do. If you see players from your alliance actively pulling people over the gate to bring them into your spawner area where they otherwise would not be able to go, please report them for exploiting.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While i truly feel for you and hope your faction recovers from this, i also think this is a somewhat funny glitch xD
  • zenmogwai
    zenmogwai
    Soul Shriven
    To be clear there are 2 issues. One is no guards at the gate. The second is players in the spawn.

When I say spawn for the second issue I'm talking about the actual base camp not just the area behind the gate.

I'm pretty sure in the past I saw people hit an invisible wall when they were pulled up near that area. We have been camped outside our spawn/base camp many times on AB and I have never seen an enemy in this area before.

35d5j74.jpg

• TrevorOC
    TrevorOC
    Eye of the Tiger
  • Magister_Aena
    Magister_Aena
    ✭✭✭
    To be clear there are 2 issues. One is no guards at the gate. The second is players in the spawn.

When I say spawn for the second issue I'm talking about the actual base camp not just the area behind the gate.

I'm pretty sure in the past I saw people hit an invisible wall when they were pulled up near that area. We have been camped outside our spawn/base camp many times on AB and I have never seen an enemy in this area before.

35d5j74.jpg

Why are you so upset, you got to fly!

On the serious side, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌, please have this fixed immediately. I'm AD and it shames me that someone from my faction has done this. This is clear exploiting and griefing.
    Character: Aena d'Eltorn
    Faction: Aldmeri Dominion
    Campaign: Thornblade

|

Character: Droz'Makal
    Faction: Ebonheart Pact
    Campaign: Blackwater Blade
  • zenmogwai
    zenmogwai
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed they are not using chains. There is an area of terrain they are using to climb into the base area. You can see the corner in this image near the wall they are glitching up.

2h6ycxv.jpg
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could not possibly guess which ADs are doing this..nope..not in a million years...oh wait!
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was reported by another player earlier was was told by the GM that there is NO safe place in PVP.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/112467/no-marked-safe-zones-in-cyrodiil#latest
    Edited by dcincali on June 25, 2014 1:27AM
  • Brynmere
    Brynmere
    ✭✭
    They are NOT being pulled up by chains. They are climbing the rock face and getting in past by going around where the wooden wall and rocks meet. I have screenshots of AD players doing it if needed.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the AD players can discover the Wayshrine in the back of the DC area? Even if they fix the gap, it won't stop the flow if they can.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the AD players can discover the Wayshrine in the back of the DC area? Even if they fix the gap, it won't stop the flow if they can.

THAT is interesting.
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Brynmere wrote: »
    They are NOT being pulled up by chains. They are climbing the rock face and getting in past by going around where the wooden wall and rocks meet. I have screenshots of AD players doing it if needed.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the details, Bryn.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    Just so everyone is clear. It's only an exploit pulling members of the opposing realm into a place they could otherwise not go unless pulled. Every where else is fair game.

If all the walls and doors are still up BUT if they ever decided to knock them down they could get there so pulling them all in while they're all still up is OK! :D
    - done w/ it
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

THAT is interesting.
    It was an issue back in beta. They were supposed to make the shrines of an enemy alliance undiscoverable, as well as teleport you out if you were chained pulled up into the staging area.

I don't know if this was rebroken recently, or left unfixed and just not rediscovered until now.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THAT is interesting.
    It was an issue back in beta. They were supposed to make the shrines of an enemy alliance undiscoverable, as well as teleport you out if you were chained pulled up into the staging area.

I don't know if this was rebroken recently, or left unfixed and just not rediscovered until now.

that seems to be one of the things i missed in beta.
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

THAT is interesting.

that seems to be one of the things i missed in beta.
    Probably isn't widely known. I heard about it during the first Cyrodiil test weekend. Was a victim of it on the PTS before launch. Player doing it claimed to have reported it. I also reported it with mentioning the player just to be sure. It's possible it just didn't get fixed, but only found again recently. Again, I don't know.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well that gate between chalman and bleakers has DC camped on the very highest tower..no way to get up there..how? Wabbajack

well!! we got little sounds with our death recap..guess we will just ignore the exploits!! ;)
    Edited by Tintinabula on June 25, 2014 3:02AM
  • Ifthir_ESO
    Ifthir_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw DC doing the same thing on Bloodthorn in the Ebonheart Spawn Area.

• Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do something about this please. Anyone in their right mind could have foreseen allowing the community to make mods and cheats as problematic. The game is quickly becoming a joke.
  • zenmogwai
    zenmogwai
    Soul Shriven

Pretty sure this is a non-issue. The way shrine is only for porting into PvE zones. The transitus shrine (sp?) is what gets you around Cyrodiil. Everyone has access to the transitus network whether you discovered a keep or not. However, you can only move around to things owned by your faction. So I'm pretty positive they won't be able to transit into the base no matter what.

Based on previous comments this isn't something that broke with the patch but something that has been there and only recently discovered.

The patch definitely took away the DC gate guards though. We used to have fun fighting at the gate and using the NPCs on Alma Ruma to compensate for the wildly imbalanced population. Tonight we pretty much just fought at our spawn. This isn't giving people much reason to continue logging in...
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pretty sure this is a non-issue. The way shrine is only for porting into PvE zones. The transitus shrine (sp?) is what gets you around Cyrodiil. Everyone has access to the transitus network whether you discovered a keep or not. However, you can only move around to things owned by your faction. So I'm pretty positive they won't be able to transit into the base no matter what.

Based on previous comments this isn't something that broke with the patch but something that has been there and only recently discovered.

The patch definitely took away the DC gate guards though. We used to have fun fighting at the gate and using the NPCs on Alma Ruma to compensate for the wildly imbalanced population. Tonight we pretty much just fought at our spawn. This isn't giving people much reason to continue logging in...
    I remember being able to travel between the two wayshrines in your base. Is this no longer possible? Besides which, I can also travel to either wayshrine from PvE. If you could discover a third wayshrine in Cyrodiil travel to it as well should be possible.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »
    This was reported by another player earlier was was told by the GM that there is NO safe place in PVP.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/112467/no-marked-safe-zones-in-cyrodiil#latest

whats going on with eso? something is most for sure not right about alot of the decisions being made and most obviously wrong with the communication between themselves and us ...

:(
  • TheGrandAlliance
    TheGrandAlliance
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so the only way to do this if the gate is closed is to have an enemy character pull you in. We're going to fix this as soon as possible, but just because it's currently allowing exploiting doesn't mean it's okay to do. If you see players from your alliance actively pulling people over the gate to bring them into your spawner area where they otherwise would not be able to go, please report them for exploiting.

Hate to burst your bubble... but there is plenty of ways to get into starter zones.
    Indeed it is so...
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody else notice that the DC mage guards at scrol lgates are missing?

On volendrung..its as if the mages on top of the gates have been deleted
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Gaettusk
    Gaettusk
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌

So why arent there GMs in-game atm banning exploiters like you guys did to PvE bots? It seems like ZoS doesnt care about PvP in this game.
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reports coming in that DC are doing this to EP on wabbajack.We have DC in our rezzin area please [Snip] fix the [Snip]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_JoanaL on June 25, 2014 6:16AM