Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

consuming trap 1

spierre49nub18_ESO
spierre49nub18_ESO
Soul Shriven
Can someone please help me figure out how to use/activate consuming trap 1? I have several empty soul gems I want to fill. The consuming trap 1 is on my hot bar but I cannot get it to activate. I have tried using different weapons (except a staff) but still cannot get it to "light up" on the hotbar. My character is a High Elf Nightblade at level 11, but my soul magic is only at 1. I have never used a spell because I do not know how. When I right click on it in the hot bar it only gives the remove option, and when I left click on it nothing happens. Ant help would greatly appreciated. Thank you,
RavenBow...
  • Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    Put consuming trap in the first ability slot, target a creature that would give experience, push "1" on your keyboard.

I am assuming you are simply used to other games where you can click your abilities with your mouse to use them.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Also make sure you are using it on enemies that are still alive, it doesn't work on corpses.
  • spierre49nub18_ESO
    spierre49nub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you both... That worked! After all this time, and it was something so simple. Well, back to Tamriel... Time to fill some more soul gems.Thanks again,
    RavenBow