Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

So, Am I the only vamp who the nerfs aren't really affecting -at all-?

Hail_Sithis
Hail_Sithis
✭✭
(Vr-1 Sorc perspective)

Honestly? If you're doing it right, you shouldn't be relying on the ultimate stacking as a crutch, nor should you be lolmistforming.

The life drain and stamina draining aspects are such a huge advantage many players don't seem to understand the scope of just how useful it is.

On top of this, The real strength in the vampire-line are the passives. If you really thought the bat-swarm *** was going to stick around, well, that tells us much about your experience with MMOs.

Edited by Hail_Sithis on May 6, 2014 9:21PM
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering Elusive Mist now gives NO SPEED BENEFIT AT ALL (it's broken) I think I'd have to say you're full of it.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope , it hardly affects me , also ,

First , because or passives were and are broken , so i get nothing for all the points i spent and i did not try the stages trick , which means i always got 0% cost reduction anyway.

Second , because i hardly ever used the mist form.

Still , to me right now , being a vampire is just a HUGE debuff , for ... nothing. So i might give up on it till they finally make it work.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still play vamp as before, maybe its because I havent tried pvp yet, so the difference aint something I have notice.

Still a vamp and luving it ;)

never used mist form either

my most used is drain, both for the health, but more its a good way to stun the mobs :)
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even have a skill point in mist form because it just felt like a waste of time. I could use like a dragon knight shield and still be able to attack or run, or any number of other ways to mitigate damage and still heal myself or take other combat actions. I just didn't find it useful for my play style but I'm also an all or nothing sort of fellow. I either live or die but rarely run away. Maybe it's a personal preference thing here.

I stayed at vampire stage 1 on my Templar at all times and at Stage 2 on my Nightblade at all times based on the cosmetics for the perspective races. Stage 4 looked like a leukemia patient also inflicted with AIDS in their last moments, absolutely grisly and horrific looking. If you had sleeveless jackets like medium armour you just had these crazy black veiny arms and stuff.

My bread and butter is Drain Essence and sometimes Bat Swarm but I used Bat Swarm like any other normal ultimate: During pinch live or die moments... Not just for then hell of it.

What I found best were all the passives in the tree. Granted relighting every time after dying on a stealth relying character got old fast (Nightblade)
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only a matter of time before they break or nerf drain too. Considering they broke Mist Form (neither morph works now - LOL) I wouldn't be too secure using only Drain.

And for the record I basically only use Drain and Mist Form and mostly PvE anyway.

Having even MORE bugs on top of the unfixed passives is definitely a hit.
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    My vampire being a sorc who uses bolt escape occasionally, just kinda makes mist form redundant, so, meh.

Good to know i'm not alone though.
    Edited by Hail_Sithis on May 6, 2014 10:00PM
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    My vampire being a sorc, just kinda makes mist form redundant, so, meh.

Don't worry, the whiners are getting Bolt Escape nerfed right now - soon it won't be useful for escaping combat at all.
  • fenweeneb18_ESO
    My vampire being a sorc who uses bolt escape occasionally, just kinda makes mist form redundant, so, meh.

LoL just wait, Sorc will get nerfed, being the only class bolting in and out of combat with some of the best class abilities.. We'll see how happy you will be when your FOTM class gets in line with us mere NBs and Plars
  • twisted
    twisted
    Soul Shriven
    Mist form increasing speed by 30% my azz, think bout edning my adventures in dat game only debuffs left for a vamps + 50% fire hit, no moar mana for u, lets ask an designer what xactly left for a vamp?? why to choose bcome one, whats the meaning of all this, sereusly feels like iama out of this game will discontinue my payment over sad "ESO" thingy where i spent way too much time for those kind of surprises
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    It saddens me to see so many terrible players still crying.

Edited by Hail_Sithis on May 6, 2014 11:30PM

• Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    LoL just wait, Sorc will get nerfed, being the only class bolting in and out of combat with some of the best class abilities.. We'll see how happy you will be when your FOTM class gets in line with us mere NBs and Plars

*Yawn*

If they nerfed bolt escape it wouldn't effect me, At all, As I use it to kite morons like you, and proceed to blast them with some heavy duty burst.

Your tears refresh me. Keep crying, you're terrible.

• Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah well... 0% reduction into 0% reduction.

Not much of change, expect that Elusive Mist's speed got reduced by a lot - 52% to 30%, but oh well - Bolt Escape, you're next on the block.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    Anzaman wrote: »
    Bolt Escape, you're next on the block.

Don't hold your breath.

• rorcusb16_ESO
    rorcusb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    (Vr-1 Sorc perspective)

On top of this, The real strength in the vampire-line are the passives. If you really thought the bat-swarm *** was going to stick around, well, that tells us much about your experience with MMOs.

Batswarm didn't effect me at all as my Ults were Atron + Soul Burst, but you do realise the passives have never worked? and aren't being fixed until 1.1 patch with Craglorn.
  • Enrayha
    Enrayha
    Y mistform is totally broken now. U go invis for 4 sec even targeted with tab it just breaks it like Nb Invis. For a NB i am pissed rly hard now for this cause it holds 4 sec and my 2,9. With aes u can breake nb invis easy, mistform u take 75% less damage but stay invis.. U run faster with the morph but not so fast as sprint now...

They didnt fixed the passive bug but its on their to do. I never heard something about the werwolf...
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Anzaman wrote: »
    Bolt Escape, you're next on the block.
    Don't hold your breath.
    Of course not, I need some air to live.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why people feel like they need to nerf bolt escape. There is a ton of roots in this game. use them. If the sorc does manage to get away, don't chase him like a moron. Keep an eye on him, don't follow and when he comes back (he always does) root, burst, repeat. may not get him every time, but he won't come back to mess with you if you scare him. Why people play into others strategies is beyond me. learn from the mistake, don't keep repeating it and then cry you can't win.

Insanity is repeating the same actions and expecting different results.
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • limeli8
    limeli8
    ✭✭✭
    Lol i made my character to be a vamp from the beginning, I wanted to be evil but story line wouldn't allow me so this was the only way. also more skills is always good even with 25% more fire damage (caped fire res from dunmer makes it 25%)
    Passives currently don't work after dying once so w/e. Mist and drain i don't even have on my bars (there are much better alternatives). Only thing i use is batswarm because when i aoe the living sh** out of people it keeps me alive for 5 sec usually lol but not always.
    I have to give a credit to AD pack of Vampires with VR10 Night Mistress leading them (seriously VR10 10 days after the official release?).

Night Mistress - v12 Former Empress Sorcerer AD
    Night Mistress II - v12 Night Blade AD
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    ErilAq wrote: »
    I don't understand why people feel like they need to nerf bolt escape. There is a ton of roots in this game. use them. If the sorc does manage to get away, don't chase him like a moron. Keep an eye on him, don't follow and when he comes back (he always does) root, burst, repeat. may not get him every time, but he won't come back to mess with you if you scare him. Why people play into others strategies is beyond me. learn from the mistake, don't keep repeating it and then cry you can't win.

I don't see how chasing the sorcerer into an obvious trap without first recovering could possibly go wrong in any way. You don't know what you're talking about

• Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, you are the only vamp honest enough to say it on the forum.
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭
    @Hail_Sithis
    Well playing a melee sorc pvp vamp iam actually with you regarding the thread topic cause i never saw any reason for mist+bat since it simply doesnt reflect my personal playing style.

But i also totally understand all those pve and stealther vamps out there who are frustrated now because of beeing nerfed while the ult. cost reduction - actually the real problem - wasn't touched at all and our vamp passives are still broken too.
  • ErilAq
    ErilAq
    ✭✭✭
    @hail_sithis we are arguing the same thing. if you read my post I said don't follow said sorcerer, as that's stupid, and just because someone keeps following said sorcerer and continually dying from it, doesn't mean bolt escape is OP.
    Internet armchair warriors attack! Yayayayayayaaaaaah!!!!
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neferath wrote: »
    But i also totally understand all those pve and stealther vamps out there who are frustrated now because of beeing nerfed while the ult. cost reduction - actually the real problem - wasn't touched at all and our vamp passives are still broken too.

This is the core of the issue. They broke Elusive Mist too (0% speed bonus now, not the 30% it should be post-nerf).

Yet Bat Swarm spamming (not stacking - that's a good fix) was not fixed, because ultimate cost reduction wasn't fixed.

To say the least, it's totally backwards.

The fact that they broke Elusive Mist to not give speed benefits is just the icing on the cake.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well , either they will BUFF all classes so they can run after the sorcs , or they will NERF the sorcs so you dont need a freaking second guy on a horse to kill them.

This seems quite obvious , but i still get some laughs at the sorcs thinking they are safe :P.

Even with bolt escape you cant run from the nerf hammer mate.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to use mistform twice, got frustrated with how I couldn't do anything (It's basically a self silence that doesn't allow you any sort of recovery, pretty *** defensive move if you ask me) while still taking damage, less damage? Yes, but still taking damage...and so I just never used it again.

On my second vampire I never even put a point into it.

My personal playstyle is all about charging in and doing as much damage as I can until everyone is dead, or I am dead, though. I played a Bladestorming warrior in WoW for the longest and Warrior was my first class in BC...so charging in and having to commit is just what you do since the warrior didn't have great escapes until that jump came along...BUT WHY RUN WHEN YOU CAN JUMP ON FLEEING ENEMIES!
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErilAq wrote: »

Still trying to figure out how to catch a mythical sorcerer; so far I realized roots and pulls do not work because they get absorbed.
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't effected me yet. Still enjoying the other fine aspects of immortal life tyvm.
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    They broke Elusive Mist by the way. It doesn't actually give a speed bonus now (not even the 30% it should post-nerf).

Also Drain is bugged in PvP (bugs with activating it, and no it's not due to cc immunity on the enemy's part, or having already Drained them).
  • twisted
    twisted
    Soul Shriven
    hmm u not dat terrible dominion sithis mage with bow guy from wabajack dont u? gawd he is so looser