Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Silver Shards or Silver Leash?

Nukeyak
Nukeyak
✭✭
I'm having a hard time deciding which Silver Bolts morph to go with. Seems like Silver Shards is the overall handier one to have, as it always damages two other enemies. Silver Leash seems a bit more situational and I've heard might be handy in PvP against vampires. Then again as a caster, not sure I want to "leash" a vampire right next to me. Is leash only handy for tanks or melee? Any insights welcome!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver Leash used to be bugged, not sure if it still is. I've been avoiding it ...
    :)
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "As a caster"
    I think you answered your own question. Plus you'll have a multi-taget ranged stamina attack, one of the best in game, for when your magicka runs low.

Like Andy, I only used leash in beta when it was bugged, but your assessment is likely right.
    Edited by driosketch on May 6, 2014 12:37AM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leash works in PvE fine for me with a few small bugs here and there. It's not working so well in PvP; to be fixed.

I like me that undead / daedra stun. Although there are a few things that you would THINK are undead but aren't, either from someone overlooking them as undead or what.

For some reason, certain 'spirits' aren't classified as undead, even though you think they should (being the restless souls of the disturbed dead)
    Edited by Sihnfahl on May 6, 2014 12:43AM
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    I've been using leash all day long... so far I only got it to work twice (in around 4 hour of gameplay with intensive use of this skill since I was farming a spot with lots of undead for enhcants...)... is there a trick for it to actualy work and I'm missing it or is it just bugged?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using leash all day long... so far I only got it to work twice (in around 4 hour of gameplay with intensive use of this skill since I was farming a spot with lots of undead for enhcants...)... is there a trick for it to actualy work and I'm missing it or is it just bugged?
    @Comaetilico Well, that sounds exactly like the bug that was first reported a good 6 months ago ...
    :(
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    is there a trick for it to actualy work and I'm missing it or is it just bugged?
    Okay, what were you doing, what specifically happened?
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    is there a trick for it to actualy work and I'm missing it or is it just bugged?
    Okay, what were you doing, what specifically happened?

What I was doing:

Aiming at a target, pressing the keybind for silver leash, do it again... I tired doing it with different double tap speed (from spamming the button to pressing it once every 2 seconds with various intermediate values...)

What happened:

after a few silver lash hit the mob (that staied KD all the time due to be an undead) got killed or I run out of stamina and killed it with bow's light attacks

after the first hit with silver lash a "silver wirlwind like" animation pop up on the mob... but no additional effect is played with second or futher hit...
  • jeremeygutub17_ESO
    jeremeygutub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i think the problem is the explanation, I am pretty sure it will only actually pull deadra. Which isn't explicitly stated on the tool tip.
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    i think the problem is the explanation, I am pretty sure it will only actually pull deadra. Which isn't explicitly stated on the tool tip.

no it work on everything... after repeted test today I pulled out (lol didn't relaize the word play until the post was completed ^^') 43 pull effect out of 50 try on a mix of human, zombie and animals... there is actualy a little trick to it...

the trick is... don't spam ^^' you just have to wait around half a second before clicking the skill again... if you do it too fast it will not work... if you wait too much it will not work either... you just have to try... and try... and try again... until you get the right timing (as it seem during my previous test I just missed the right timing window going from too fast to to slow -_-')... once you get it just use it for a bit and it will become automatic... the timing is a bit more than what the normal gcd between 2 consective use will let you do... for those that have played sorc is almost the same as crystal shard spamming... you wait a bit before casting the next shard in order to get perma CC... if you do it too fast you hit the target while still under the first shard CC... if you do it too slow you get hit by the instant cast ranged attack...

so... just a matter of timing... no bug here... but surely thay could make it a little more responsive and more intuitive in it's use ^^'
    Edited by Comaetilico on May 7, 2014 1:02AM
  • Cheatingdeath23
    Cheatingdeath23
    ✭✭✭

no it work on everything... after repeted test today I pulled out (lol didn't relaize the word play until the post was completed ^^') 43 pull effect out of 50 try on a mix of human, zombie and animals... there is actualy a little trick to it...

the trick is... don't spam ^^' you just have to wait around half a second before clicking the skill again... if you do it too fast it will not work... if you wait too much it will not work either... you just have to try... and try... and try again... until you get the right timing (as it seem during my previous test I just missed the right timing window going from too fast to to slow -_-')... once you get it just use it for a bit and it will become automatic... the timing is a bit more than what the normal gcd between 2 consective use will let you do... for those that have played sorc is almost the same as crystal shard spamming... you wait a bit before casting the next shard in order to get perma CC... if you do it too fast you hit the target while still under the first shard CC... if you do it too slow you get hit by the instant cast ranged attack...

so... just a matter of timing... no bug here... but surely thay could make it a little more responsive and more intuitive in it's use ^^'

Wait, it seriously works on everything?

When I originally morphed I chose the other option because I firmly believed that it only worked on undead. In PvP, it would be extremely helpful to pull people off of towers/keeps.
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went shards purely because the AoE is slightly more useful in my opinion. Is that monster almost dead? Hit his buddy instead and the shard should probably do the job.
    That being said I'm finding the spell a little lacklustre, if it had a higher chance to proc or dealt more damage for the stamina used I might change my opinion.
    Edited by The_Sadist on May 10, 2014 4:05AM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    The damage on all the Silver shots, needs to be boosted significant vs undeads/wws.
    Edited by Jarnhand on May 9, 2014 6:51AM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow if the leash actually worked I could really screw up my enemies plans in pvp. I could snipe them first, then it would let me hit them from further with the leash. You think your safe hiding in your zerg? THINK AGAIN! Damn I want this fixed now! Is it like the dk chain pull or is it like a knock back, but they get knocked towards you instead?
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on May 9, 2014 7:39PM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    Wow if the leash actually worked I could really screw up my enemies plans in pvp. I could snipe them first, then it would let me hit them from further with the leash. You think your safe hiding in your zerg? THINK AGAIN! Damn I want this fixed now! Is it like the dk chain pull or is it like a knock back, but they get knocked towards you instead?

as I said before... there is no need for a fix... the skill is actualy working... you just need to get the right timing with it... teh same goes for the DK Flame leash... it is the follow up mechanic by itself that is not one of the best developed features... but once you get the timing and practice it a little than it become quite functional... just need a little practice before you start making plan to use it ;)
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a caster too. Silver Shards has been awesome in multiple target attacks, great for when you want to give your magic a few seconds to charge up or have a chance for a ranged (or close) finishing attack. In addition, I have experienced zero bugs with it.

Hope that helps. :)