DEVELOPERS: Please give VR 1-10's other zones for PvE!!!!!

harnessedyeti9
harnessedyeti9
✭✭✭
Granted I have yet to hit the veteran levels yet but I am already dreading the thought of having to go to other alliances starting zones. It's immersion breaking. It's repetitive. It's joy killing (not to mention alt killing).

A mix of solo and group content zones would be ideal.

Thank you.

P.S
Please don't say "But you can enter Craglorn at VR 1." Being able to enter a zone and being able to have any meaningful interaction with it (aside from dying) are two different things. You can do this with all of your starting alliance zones, and IMO is the developers throwing you a crumb so they can say that you are able to enter most zones at any level. Basically marketing spin in other words.
Edited by harnessedyeti9 on May 5, 2014 10:24PM
  • Morthur
    Morthur
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Morthur on January 19, 2015 5:39PM
    Options
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I quite like it.

After finishing the main story and killing Molag, It feels like a holiday.

Since entering the veteran zones and realising there is little reason to keep pushing, I've been able to relax and just wander around, looking for chests and resources, getting my crafting levels sorted, adjusting my gear and skills etc. All the urgency seems to have gone.

It feels like I'm actually enjoying the game for the first time rather than fighting my way through it.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morthur wrote: »
    I agree - sadly you're talking about designing double the amount of quests they have already designed - per faction. They did this "content recycling" to save money because the way it is today, every quest designed for the game basically has to be completed by everyone. If they made any kind of unique faction specific content then only 1/3 of the players would ever play it (alts aside) and from a purely profit point of view this is not a good thing (of course, from a gameplay point of view the current system is not a good thing - but if enough people give them money for recycled content then it's hardly going to matter to them).

This focus on efficiency and profit maximization is likely also the reason why there are only exactly enough quests to get you from level 1 to VR10 (and only if you complete virtually *all* of them). If they design more quests then strictly "needed" then this might give the player more freedom to pick and choose, but it would also cost them more money to design content that many people might never see and isn't strictly "required" to reach max level.

All you can do is vote with your wallet.

Had they made the VR zones into cross alliance PvE zones and added a post Coldharbour storyline to the zones, it might have worked.
    At the moment I have no real desire to go through the VR ranks on my main character, as I like to experience the zones with my alts rather than have one character do it all.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • Mission
      Mission
      ✭✭✭
      What they should do is just get rid of classes and give all the classes the class skill lines. I personally don't mind going to the other zones as I hate making alts anyway. But the game forces you to play alts if you want to try out all possibilities with characters. The going to other faction zones wouldn't be so bad if you you could do every single ability on one character.
      Options
    • JexTex
      JexTex
      ✭✭
      Itll be a ghost town with only the fanboys and slowbys left subd after 3 months lol
      Options
    • harnessedyeti9
      harnessedyeti9
      ✭✭✭
      JexTex wrote: »
      Itll be a ghost town with only the fanboys and slowbys left subd after 3 months lol

Although I'm not happy with the current post 50 game, I don't think this is going to happen. There will be a certain number that don't resub after the first month. Heck, I'm even thinking of canceling and letting the game bake in the oven for a few more months before coming back.

Really all they would need to do to fix this would be to add in more zones like Craglorn for the VR 1-10 segment.

To be frank, I'm upset more than a little that they snuck this much of a grind into the game and the first substantial content drop is for the hardest of the hard core that are at vr10 in the first month(s). If THIS is an indicator for the way Firor and co. want to take the game, sadly, I'm prolly out for good.
      Options
    • harnessedyeti9
      harnessedyeti9
      ✭✭✭
      Another thought I'd like to throw in while I'm at it. One thing the devs. could do that wouldn't take a lot of time is give us a choice of which alliance we want to do next. Heck, there are already two or three versions of each zone because depending on what alliance you start in, the next alliance you go to is in a different order. So for each alliance there is, I believe a VR 1-5 version and a VR 6-10 version. It wouldn't even be that difficult to patch in.
      Options
    • Nazon_Katts
      Nazon_Katts
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Seems them giving in to all the people (so I heard, never actually met that many of them) that demanded to be able to explore all of Tamriel with just one character, now produces a considerable backlash. Originally it was planned to gain your VRs in Cyrodiil and Craglorn and if you wanted to explore the other regions, you'd had have to reroll.

I wonder why they just didn't open up the other alliances at VR10 and let ya grind 11 and 12 in them and just kept the original design. Would have made much more sense that way.
      "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
      Options
    • Brother_Numsie
      Brother_Numsie
      ✭✭✭
      Just seems like they hit the easy button with the Vet content. Sure I love the ability to visit all of Tamriel, wouldn't really have been an Elder Scrolls game if we couldn't.

But I want to do it to further the cause of the faction I choose to roll with.

If it would've taken longer for them to release that content, I would have been fine with that, just pause my leveling at 50 while you get it done. I'll (want to) roll an alt while I wait, gives me time to see how things are with one of the other factions.
      Other games have done this, (yes I am about to mention the game that should not be named) like WoW. After every expansion we get to level cap and have to wait till they introduce more content and raise the cap again.

The best word I have to describe the way the Vet content feels as it is right now is "cheap".

And that makes me very sad.
      Options
    • Morthur
      Morthur
      ✭✭✭
      Edited by Morthur on January 19, 2015 5:28PM
      Options
    • LonePirate
      LonePirate
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Why is there not an option or mechanism that allows dungeons to scale to the difficulty level and the average number of players who enter them? If three people enter one, then scale the content for three people and use the highest difficulty level selected by any of the three players. Then scale rewards base on the difficulty level chosen. The high difficulty setting should reward more gold, XP and loot than a lower setting. This solution would solve many problems and it would please many people, especially if the scaling ranged from 1-12 players or even more.
      Edited by LonePirate on May 7, 2014 3:54PM
      Options
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      JexTex wrote: »

Although I'm not happy with the current post 50 game, I don't think this is going to happen. There will be a certain number that don't resub after the first month. Heck, I'm even thinking of canceling and letting the game bake in the oven for a few more months before coming back.

Really all they would need to do to fix this would be to add in more zones like Craglorn for the VR 1-10 segment.

To be frank, I'm upset more than a little that they snuck this much of a grind into the game and the first substantial content drop is for the hardest of the hard core that are at vr10 in the first month(s). If THIS is an indicator for the way Firor and co. want to take the game, sadly, I'm prolly out for good.

I might end up doing the same, simply because I can't expect any more solo/duo content until after the summer.

I was hoping this game would pull me OUT of world of warcraft, not shove me right back into it.

At least there I don't dread hitting level cap because there's nothing to do if I don't have three other people at my beck and call.
      Options
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Seems them giving in to all the people (so I heard, never actually met that many of them) that demanded to be able to explore all of Tamriel with just one character, now produces a considerable backlash. Originally it was planned to gain your VRs in Cyrodiil and Craglorn and if you wanted to explore the other regions, you'd had have to reroll.

I wonder why they just didn't open up the other alliances at VR10 and let ya grind 11 and 12 in them and just kept the original design. Would have made much more sense that way.

Because doing VR1-10 in Cyrodiil would mean "PVP" and some folks, like myself, detest the idea of grinding out 10 ranks of PVP kills. Because to us, PVP sucks.
      Options
    • TheBull
      TheBull
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Come to Cyrodiil 50 dailies and probably another 50 one time quests.
      Options
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cyrodiil isn't getting touched as long as it's a PvP zone. Sorry.
      Options
    • Sylinias
      Sylinias
      Sakiri wrote: »
      I was hoping this game would pull me OUT of world of warcraft, not shove me right back into it.

ZOMFG - this game isn't *THAT* bad! (Please, give someone your address so we can get MMO 911 over there to prevent an obvious gaming suicide threat!)

ESO, like every other MMO startup, has to mature it's way through. Hang tight, contribute, prod, call, complain and be a part of the solution set.

Options
    • harnessedyeti9
      harnessedyeti9
      ✭✭✭
      Sylinias wrote: »

ZOMFG - this game isn't *THAT* bad! (Please, give someone your address so we can get MMO 911 over there to prevent an obvious gaming suicide threat!)

ESO, like every other MMO startup, has to mature it's way through. Hang tight, contribute, prod, call, complain and be a part of the solution set.

Lol, I'm glad you look at it like that. If you complain the right way the devs. may possibly listen to you, which is what I'm hoping for. I'm trying to keep from spamming the forums with my suggestions. Already got a few threads going on issues that need to be improved.
      Edited by harnessedyeti9 on May 11, 2014 2:18AM
      Options
    • Minack
      Minack
      ✭✭✭
      Day late and a dollar short. My guild already canceled.
      Options
    • WraithAzraiel
      WraithAzraiel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If they made it so it wasn't linear - that might be a point of alleviation.

IE - Instead of after finishing your faction,and being pigeon-holed into going to the next (IE after Dominion you go to Pact, etc etc) you were able to choose which faction you went to next and were allowed freedom of movement akin to normal ES games.

For example; You finished your alliance, you get to choose which alliance to experience next. Then you decide you're bored of the constant scenery. So you decide to hike your arse to the 3rd alliances area and run around there.

Now, that being said, I have NO CLUE how a system like that could be implemented but it'd be neat to see. I don't know if they'd have to make quests scale to your level no matter what zone you were in or increase in difficulty based on the variable of how many quests you've completed in said zone or some weird combination of whatever.
      Edited by WraithAzraiel on May 11, 2014 10:14PM
      Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
      #Tamriel_BETA_Team
      #BETA_TESTER4LYF
      DominionMasterRace
      #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
      #SEEMSLEGIT
      Options
    • harnessedyeti9
      harnessedyeti9
      ✭✭✭
      If they made it so it wasn't linear - that might be a point of alleviation.

IE - Instead of after finishing your faction,and being pigeon-holed into going to the next (IE after Dominion you go to Pact, etc etc) you were able to choose which faction you went to next and were allowed freedom of movement akin to normal ES games.

For example; You finished your alliance, you get to choose which alliance to experience next. Then you decide you're bored of the constant scenery. So you decide to hike your arse to the 3rd alliances area and run around there.

Now, that being said, I have NO CLUE how a system like that could be implemented but it'd be neat to see. I don't know if they'd have to make quests scale to your level no matter what zone you were in or increase in difficulty based on the variable of how many quests you've completed in said zone or some weird combination of whatever.

Thank You! That idea is something I've been floating in other threads for a few days. As far as how to implement it, it would be nothing for the devs. to code that into a patch since as I've stated before, their are 3 versions of each zone already in the game. Take Stonefalls, High Rock and Auridon as examples. You have a 3-15 version, a VR 1 version and a VR 6 version. So giving us the option of choice would require ZERO new content from the developers and a mere alteration in a few lines of code. Done. For them NOT to implement this simple fix into the game that would please so many fans is beyond dumb.

This is the other thread I started about this and other issues :
      http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/95403/developers-welcome-to-elder-scrolls-here-s-how-you-fix-improve-your-game#latest

Options
    • harnessedyeti9
      harnessedyeti9
      ✭✭✭
      I'm going to start a petition for just this thing to be addressed in an upcoming patch. Hopefully I can get a lot of people on board.
      Options
    • Sakiri
      Sakiri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sylinias wrote: »

Only new content being added for the foreseeable future is group content.

Terrible idea. Especially when there's jack and sheet to do at VR10 if you don't want to group.

That isn't PvP. I didn't come here to PvP.
      Options
    • morashtakb16_ESO
      morashtakb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      As more than a few critics have noted - What Blizzard has done with WoW questing-wise should be the bare minimum that any new MMO should have at launch; Race specific zones and quest lines, multiple zones for questing at and to x level, players able to level in a linear or patchwork fashion as they see fit, etc.

Yes, it would have taken many more months to make this happen but many, many players would not be dreading leveling another character and seeing the same quests again and again and again.
      Options
    • frwinters_ESO
      frwinters_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Do people not read? Craglorn is coming out and you can go there as VR1 and its a whole zone so guess what? Your getting it...so if you pay attention to current events this thread is a waste. CLOSE TOPIC!
      Options
    • SteveCampsOut
      SteveCampsOut
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Morthur wrote: »
      I agree - sadly you're talking about designing double the amount of quests they have already designed - per faction. They did this "content recycling" to save money because the way it is today, every quest designed for the game basically has to be completed by everyone.

Sadly, it's that content recycling that is what's going to probably kill the game in the end. Bad enough the floor plans in at least 60% of the public dungeons is identical, but then to have to do those same quests over in two other alliance/factions?!?

@ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
      Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
      Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
      Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
      pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
      Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
      Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
      Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
      Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
      Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
      Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
      Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
      One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
      Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
      EU Server:
      Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
      Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
      Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
      Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
      Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
      Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
      Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
      One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
      Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
      Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
      ESO Plus status: Canceled!
      Options
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Do people not read? Craglorn is coming out and you can go there as VR1 and its a whole zone so guess what? Your getting it...so if you pay attention to current events this thread is a waste. CLOSE TOPIC!

The mobs in Craglorn will be VR 11-12, so unless you get assistance from higher VR players I doubt a VR 1-2 character would survive there.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
        Options
      • Bloodfang
        Bloodfang
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Kendaric wrote: »

The mobs in Craglorn will be VR 11-12, so unless you get assistance from higher VR players I doubt a VR 1-2 character would survive there.

Only trials will be probably VR11-12, I expect the zone to be doable in a group of VR1s.

Options
      • frwinters_ESO
        frwinters_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭
        Kendaric wrote: »

dont doubt til you try it. they said you will be able to enter Craglorn at VR1 and it will be difficult, so I am sure it can be done.
        Options
      • harnessedyeti9
        harnessedyeti9
        ✭✭✭

Do you not read? I stated in my op this argument is invalid for the simple reason that going to a zone by itself is pointless. As a level 10 you can go to any zone in your alliance but are you going to stay there for very long?
        Options
      • f14dudecub18_ESO
        f14dudecub18_ESO
        Soul Shriven
        I agree. Just made V2 and in the Convenant and found the grind just painful. I find it odd that I'm in the AD fighting my own faction... Is there any plan for further story about your own faction or the main story in the future because both me and my brother will probably drop the sub after this month since I just don't find grinding the VL fun. I do like playing the other story but I rather create a new character and experience it that way than using my original character.

Tried PvP and for most part, not fun getting own by all the V10s so no fun and barely try it anymore. Also since we usually quests by ourselves if all future contents are for just for large group then it's another reason to move on and wait a year and hope for more story contents by then.
        Options