Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ANY skil line nerf needs to be met with a skill line skill REFUND

Myene
Myene
Just as it says. Anytime you make a major negative change to a skill line you need to refund the points on that skill line to people.

The Vampires are the recent example. How fair is it to pay 20k to get 10 points back, when you put those points into a skill line in good faith of you getting the skills you bought? When those skill have been drastically changed you need to give us those points back.
Edited by Myene on May 5, 2014 5:34PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sorry this post was a bit useless and perhaps a bit unfair.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on May 5, 2014 7:14PM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Myene
    Myene
    Don't be an ass, you'll get nerfed too one day, don't you want your points back when you do get nerfed? I got my bite at lvl 7 by camping, did the quest at 13, and I'm only a lvl 3 vamp as it is. The nerf doesn't effect me that much.

But the first nerf of any kind sets a precedence. If they nerf, say, the Nightblade skill line, shouldn't Nightblades get their skill points back? Or bows? Or any nerf, because you buy those skills for what they are when you get them, if they change you should get a refund. This is SOP in every other MMO.

I also have no real problem with the changes, though I don't think it was Vamps that are the problem but DK and Sourc, and the nerf won't help as much as some of the cry babies think it will. Someone will always be more powerful than you, and someone weaker than you. Learn the game.
  • Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    They nerfed shield bash and are refunding the points, they nerfed flying blade and are refunding the points. I would assume they plan on refunding vampire points also.
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you can just get cured of the vampirism and you will get those points back. It cost like 600 gold or something? I forgot.. Not the end of the world if you still don't want to be a vampire. Logging on now to decide if I need to ditch the curse anyway. The only benefit it gave me was drain essence for stamina regen. Im a melee character so I couldn't abuse the Ultimate spam bug anyway.
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    No, getting cured of Vampirism just makes the skill line invisible/useless, but you do not get back the points. You need to respec to get them back.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myene wrote: »
    Don't be an ass, you'll get nerfed too one day, don't you want your points back when you do get nerfed? I got my bite at lvl 7 by camping, did the quest at 13, and I'm only a lvl 3 vamp as it is. The nerf doesn't effect me that much.
    They are nerfing a move I use quite a bit, but I don't expect to get my skill points back. They are nerfing flying blade, which baffles me, but I honestly dont expect my skills back and besides I still got another 100 something I still didn't obtain. Maybe I was being a bit mean about it, but my opinion still stands. I had an extremely huge tool in my dungeon group once bragging about how invincible his vamp was and how I should change....... I just picture him posting asking for a reimbursement and it fills me with joy.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Myene
    Myene
    Eh, it's SOP in every other game, and really, what can it hurt?

It's makes your players feel less hurt about the nerf, and really it's not like you get anything that really matters in compensation. (No gold or items or what ever)

It isn't too bad for Vamp, it's not a huge skill line...but imagine a major change in one of the class skill lines...now no refund from that would *hurt*. Or if it happens to a Vet 10 or a shard hunter...that's a lot of gold to a handful of points for something that isn't what it was when you bought it.

At any rate, I don't see why this didn't happen to start with. To me it's like forgetting to put the letter "e" into the game.
  • Myene
    Myene
    Niminion wrote: »
    They nerfed shield bash and are refunding the points, they nerfed flying blade and are refunding the points. I would assume they plan on refunding vampire points also.

The patch today had Vamp nerfs, and no refund.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep i agree.

I spent lots of point into the vampire tree , i get near to nothing out of it , since most of the stuff does not work at all.

And now they want me to spent over 13k in respec :P , yeah right ...
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • patrykplawskib16_ESO
    Myene wrote: »
    Niminion wrote: »

The patch today had Vamp nerfs, and no refund.
    Man zenimax is the ALL TIME OF IDIOTS MMO CREATERS.

Dunmer Master Race
  • jhooll
    jhooll
    Soul Shriven
    Agreed. To change the values so radically without a refund for the entire line will just cause resentment. It's just bad Customer Relations.
    Edited by jhooll on May 5, 2014 9:32PM
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Tis logical and whatnot.
    People saying otherwise really need to sit down and think about it for a moment.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
  • indytims_ESO
    indytims_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only stands to reason that messing with skills that players have spent points on, should AUTOMATICALLY justify a refund. This just screams 'common sense', and hopefully Zeni will look into this ASAP.
  • hajee
    hajee
    ✭✭
    how fair is it to spend 10 skill points to be OP as F***

spend ur 20k and deal with it
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hajee wrote: »

Because you're under the assumption everyone was PvPing and using the particular OP setup, which was not the case.

But good try.
    Edited by The_Sadist on May 5, 2014 11:52PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    Man, I am getting a crapload of mileage out of this today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WHptG35EWU
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I am getting a crapload of mileage out of this today.

Video

Was the nerf justified? Completely! They went about it the wrong way but the spells were clearly extremely game breaking and needed a quick fix.

That, however, doesn't mean non-vampire users should be responding in this sort of manner when a refund is sort of the normal thing to do.
    There's a difference between 'crying' and actually complaining about something which isn't fair. YOU guys got your vampire nerf after complaining about it so why shouldn't vampire users get their skill points back on a changed tree? Would you like it if one skill line you invested in was reworked and you had to pay in order to get your skill points back? Probably not.
    Edited by The_Sadist on May 5, 2014 11:58PM
  • hajee
    hajee
    ✭✭
    The_Sadist wrote: »

Because you're under the assumption everyone was PvPing and using the particular OP setup, which was not the case.

But good try.

so by that logic if you 5% of the people steal we should not have a laws against theft.

the 5% will always ruin it for every one else, that is a fact of life. grow up and deal with it

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They refund points for the nerfs in 1.1

Also check this thread because the OP claims they refunded their vampire skill points.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/93373/no-refunds-and-get-this/p1
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Hail_Sithis
    Hail_Sithis
    ✭✭
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

1: There's more than enough points to go around

2: If you're not taking every class passive ability, that's a problem.

3: If you're a vamp/wolf and don't have every active and passive, that's a problem with you.

4: Respeccing is not that expensive.

5: Stop whining.
    Edited by Hail_Sithis on May 6, 2014 3:12AM
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

"What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
  • Sleepydan
    Sleepydan
    ✭✭✭
    You choose vampirism because you thought it was cool.

Fixing the trees effectiveness doesn't make it less cool. It makes it fixed.

If you choose vampirism because it was allegedly OP and now it's not, I have no sympathy.
  • Myene
    Myene
    If you make a negative change to a skill line, that skill line needs to be refunded.

What some of you are STILL forgetting, despite it being pointed out, is that the first major nerf like this sets the tone for other nerfs. If our points don't get refunded (flying in the face of SOP for every other MMO) then I hope those of you who are now saying "haha, tuff luck, you deserve it for being OP" (and showing your complete lack of reading comprehension by doing so) will enjoy your lack of refund when one of your lines gets nerfed. It will happen.

Not getting the refund when the nerf was done is, simply, stupid as all hell. If the refund comes in 1.1 I hope they are ready to deal with all the folks who wasted money to get the skills back when the nerf originally happened.
  • Myene
    Myene
    driosketch wrote: »
    They refund points for the nerfs in 1.1

Also check this thread because the OP claims they refunded their vampire skill points.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/93373/no-refunds-and-get-this/p1

He likely got it via ticketing. I've heard of others doing this, and I've heard of other being refused when doing this. If this is how nerfed lines are going to be refunded, they really need to say so, and give the GMs the same guidelines.
  • Myene
    Myene

But good try.

so by that logic if you 5% of the people steal we should not have a laws against theft.

the 5% will always ruin it for every one else, that is a fact of life. grow up and deal with it

The problem isn't the nerf, it's the lack of refund. You'll find that most agree that there was some OP, though I personally don't think this is the fix people think it will be, as the under ling problem (DK and Sorc) is still in game.

One day you too will be nerfed. When that happens remember this. If you are smart, you'll fight now, when this is precedence setting, not later, when they can say "But we didn't do that for others before, why are you so special?"
  • Myene
    Myene
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

1: There's more than enough points to go around

2: If you're not taking every class passive ability, that's a problem.

3: If you're a vamp/wolf and don't have every active and passive, that's a problem with you.

4: Respeccing is not that expensive.

5: Stop whining.

Why would you waste points in passive abilities that you'll never use? And even if that is a long term strat, why would you do that to start with, when you have fewer points to work with? When ever point is valuable, getting hit with an entire skill line nerf means you should get them refunded.
  • ljb2k5_ESO
    ljb2k5_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Most other MMO's I have played offer free respecs when the devs significantly have changed how abilities and classes worked. SWTOR, Neverwinter, COH, WoW, just to name some off the top of my head. It is reasonable and as I said above, a fairly standard business practice with MMO's. So far, not overly impressed with ZOS. The game is pretty and fun, but the bugs are numerous and it feels like much of this wasn't thoroughly enough tested in beta.
  • indigoblades
    indigoblades
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if ur VR level u have a lot of skill points but not at Non VR Levels .... Besides it perplex's me why so many don't want the skill points refunded since its only fair and gets rid of one Vampire in ESO. All the "You should have known vampires would be nerfed so deal with it" comments make me wonder how much of the problem is vampires were unbalanced in PVP and how much is people just dont like vampires in ESO and want to be hateful. At this point i am hardly playing the game, just i got a nagging feeling if pick the best skill, well it could latter get nerfed thats making all the mundane things in ESO that much more painful.
  • Myene
    Myene
    ... just i got a nagging feeling if pick the best skill, well it could latter get nerfed thats making all the mundane things in ESO that much more painful.

Spot on! Not a good way to build brand confidence with out refunds.
  • rumpelsteel
    rumpelsteel
    Soul Shriven
    /signed