Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Circle of Protection - Fighters Guild

Skeksi
Skeksi
✭✭
I've leveled as a Templar healer/mage but because some of my friends have decided to leave the game I'm considering moving into a tanking role.

So far I'm looking at using Inner Fire, Explosive Charge, Solar Barrage and Immovable on my bar, but I'm having difficulty deciding on a fifth skill to use. I was considering using Channeled Focus, but the zone it puts down is tiny, and as a tank you can rarely afford to stand on one spot for long, so now I'm looking at Circle of Protection from the Fighters Guild skill tree.

Is Circle of Protection worth a skill point? (other suggestions will be considered).
  • Quaesivi
    Quaesivi
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have it, I'm not a tank, but I still find it useful at times. It gives 500 armor&spell resistance (+500 more against undead&daedra) and its morph (the one I picked) gives like 25% (something around that at level 4) health regeneration, which is quite nice. Other morph gives damaging&fearing aura but it only works against undead&daedra so its meh. I'm not sure what I'd suggest over it but its very useful even as a dps to me from time to time.
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty handy to have sometimes, although I only use it on an as needed basis......well worth the point it costs IMO.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is a very nice skill.
  • Skeksi
    Skeksi
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'll unlock it and try it out :)
  • catpower
    catpower
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it on my templar. I prefer it to immovable, unless I want the cc immunity as the circle is fairly large and it's a sizeable boost. Plus other people can stand in it. When it came time to morph it I chose the turn undead option and I am not totally sold on it because it makes stuff flee making it a little harder to set up aoes. However it makes a decent uh oh button with the turn morph...
  • Jarnhand
    Jarnhand
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure its worth the skill point, I am not so sure its worth using a skill bar slot on it, since its most likely very situational.
  • Beeftips
    Beeftips
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a DPS and I have Circle of protect (the 25% health recovery upgraded version) and Blood altar (40% increased health recovery upgrade) on my boss DPS bar. I find them both very helpful for the group during boss fights. The added 65% health recovery takes some pressure off the healers and also saves my bacon from times when the boss turns around and slaps me.
  • jesterstear
    jesterstear
    ✭✭✭
    As a Templar tank, I feel a little helpless in the face of adds since I can't agro multiple mobs efficiently, but if a knot of undead/daedra are rushing your healer it's fun to drop the Turn undead morph on them and watch them all scatter. Combined with my class healing skills, it seems to get us through trash smoothly enough.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did like it but what makes it not worth a slot on my bar (as a support build NB) is the size of the circle. It is too small and if you even slightly step past the outer edge you loose the buff. In mobile fights it becomes a waste of stamina.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a tank, but as a light-armoured, somewhat 'squishy' templar mage the Turn Undead morph of the skill is probably my single favourite skill. That along with Evil Hunter are wonderful. If you don't like the 'turning' ability of the skill, try and use it before they are within it's range, or morph it to the other option I guess.

I only have it on my character's skill bar when fighting undead or the like though. Otherwise I switch them both of for more appropriate skills.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on May 18, 2014 8:32AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.