Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

"This one hears the strangeness in Southpoint has ended..."

Seabreeze
Seabreeze
✭✭
Please do something about these NPCs. Elden Root is a great place to craft, but hearing this conversation every five seconds is making me go crazy. It's right up there with the whole Lender-Bee NPC. Ugh. >_<
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd dearly love it if the chatty NPCs could stay far, far away from crafting areas. Or, at least, move and change. By the way, did you hear that a stranger saved King Casamir's life?
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "I used to be an adventurer like you..."

:grin:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • thomaskattus
    "I saw a mudcrab the other day."
  • Xaei
    Xaei
    ✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »
    "I used to be an adventurer like you..."

:grin:

He's gonna make that joke! Cut this man's tongue out!
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "...then I found a barrel full of mead." :trollface:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • Brennan
    Brennan
    ✭✭✭
    Did your sister see a clutch of butterflies while she was there?
  • drschplatt
    drschplatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    "This one hears the strangeness in Southpoint has ended..."

*whizz....thunk!*

"Oh GOD! THERE'S AN ARROW STICKING OUT OF HIS NECK!!! AAAHHHH BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!"

*I run off giggling*
    Foräois - Imperial Sorcerer of Ineptitude.
    Widoch - Nord Dragon Knight of Ignorance.
    Billy Bob - Dunmer Templar of Chicken and Noodles.
    Blades of Vengeance
  • Rohan_Swift
    Rohan_Swift
    ✭✭
    Keep the volume nerf button very close at hand.

It is mindnumbingly eyestabbingly slashmywrist torture when I zone and have the volume up from being in the outside world (who's audio is wonderful and lovely and calming btw). However, due to the bag space issues, they force you to come to town every couple of hours and then make your time there nailsacrossthechalkboard unpleasant.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I turn off sound in Elden Root. These NPC's need to have a much longer recycle on their sound loops.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    Believe what you like...
    So I thought I would get the banker shut up add on to take care of these two....

Then, to my terror, I heard it again....

I almost jumped out of that damn tree.
    Edited by scratchnsniff on May 9, 2014 5:33AM
    They call me the magic man.
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snit wrote: »
    I turn off sound in Elden Root. These NPC's need to have a much longer recycle on their sound loops.
    Yes, far longer, best with an trigger who used is some times then reduced use, I kind of like the bank tellers and merchants one liners, also plausible as lots of clerks uses canned greetings in real life still here it should be an first times the one lighting then an simple greeting like welcome, how can I help or may you walk on warm sand.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    Using the crafting stations in Elden Root is a test of patience, young Vestige. But believe what you like.
    Edited by JosephChip on May 10, 2014 1:53AM
  • Morticielle
    Morticielle
    ✭✭✭
    May the force be with you!
    Lady Morticielle d'Aragòn |VR12| Sorcerer | PvP Rank 21 (Major Grade I) | EU-Megaserver | AD

Subscription cancelled due to the following facts:

- Zenimax implements more bugs from patch to patch
    - Zenimax does not care about the increasing instability of the game. People have more and more crashes Fix of memory bug decreased number of crashes considerably
    - Zenimax has still not fully fixed the fps drops they (!) implemented with patch1.2.3
    - Zenimax does nothing to fix the massive ability lags in PvP
    - Zenimax gives more attention to unnecassary 'content' like dyes for armors than fixing issues
    - In patchnotes Zenimax lies about bugs allegedly fixed
    - Zenimax has no plan as to how balance population in Cyrodiil campaigns
    - Support is ineffective and does not even speak in a way one can linguistically understand

• srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These NPCs should only continue to speak under the condition that they speak their lines to the tune of "Holy Diver" and "Ace of Spades", respectively.
  • Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I used to use the Add On "Borrower and Lender" --- you can guess how it got its name --- but I found that when Summoners and other random world foes would "yell" their comments, the B&L add-on would kill my NPC volume since I'd heard the comment before.... but I was in the process of listening to a quest NPC, and that dialog got cut out, TOO.

Since they clearly can tell what you have done or not done --- you wouldn't hear that someone saved King Casimir if you had not yet done that --- they should be able to play that sound bite ONCE for you and then NEVER AGAIN. Or, hell, once an HOUR or so, or maybe once every time you zone. But it's just way way too common, now, I agree.
  • Asasinka
    Asasinka
    ✭✭✭
    Brennan wrote: »
    Did your sister see a clutch of butterflies while she was there?

It has to certainly become my mem virus. I'm playing this conversation in my head every time I visit Elden Root :D
    Beware! crafting in Elden Root may damage Your brain :D
    I'm fighting for a higher purpose
  • Rayadrel
    Rayadrel
    ✭✭✭
    STOP! You violated the law. Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.
  • Shiaxi
    Shiaxi
    ✭✭✭
    Rayadrel wrote: »
    STOP! You violated the law. Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence. Your stolen goods are now forfeit.

*refuse*

THEN PAY WITH YOUR BLOOD!
  • Elyna
    Elyna
    ✭✭✭✭
    "I saw a Mudcrab the other day, horrible creatures"
    "Bye"
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you like a sweetroll?
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • vicviper0_ESO
    vicviper0_ESO
    ✭✭
    just need to make it so that when the justice system is implemented, those NPCs as well as EVERY bard is added to the list of killable NPCs
  • Ryvucz
    Ryvucz
    Soul Shriven
    I avoid this area just because of this.
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    Ryvucz wrote: »
    I avoid this area just because of this.
    "It's HERE!"

My favorite though, one day I had a NPC actually tell me to "P1ss off, and find your own trash!"
    Edited by Gwarok on May 16, 2014 9:15PM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)