Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Whip from the trailer

pky.creations_ESO
pky.creations_ESO
Soul Shriven
Ok, I'm not really a new player but I have been wondering about this from day one. The whip the elf uses in the trailer to throw enemies and destroy the chain, is that in the game. If so what class and skill is it?
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer(? her face looks like mashed human sprinkled with sharp ears) Sorceress from the trailer uses green lightning (unavailable to players, because - well because developers have decided that boring blue colour is the way to go, you know, probably just to irritate us) whip (no such ability for the sorcerer in the game, the only whip that you will find belongs to dragonknight and is a part of ardent flame skill line)
    [it is one of the few, rare situation when my blood starts to run faster, mention of the ESO cinematic: WHERE IS MY GREEN LIGHTNING, ZENIMAX?!]
    Edited by Surinen on May 3, 2014 3:50PM
  • pky.creations_ESO
    pky.creations_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Bummer, so basically just a cinematic to look cool. Understood. Though a whip that could wrap or knock back or something would be cool.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Bummer, so basically just a cinematic to look cool. Understood. Though a whip that could wrap or knock back or something would be cool.
    unfortunately, yes, cinematic only goods. she also used telekinetic abilities to throw her enemies, we don't have them too. 'tee heey'

• KidKablam
    KidKablam
    ✭✭✭
    DK's have an ability that allows them to draw enemies close with a firey whip. Like Scorpion of Mortal Kombat, basically.
  • pky.creations_ESO
    pky.creations_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    So could that elf have been built like a sorcerer/dk?
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    So could that elf have been built like a sorcerer/dk?
    definately not. she used lightning whip, dragonknights use lava whip. well, to be honest her power looks more like electric rope than whip. majority of her spells are sorcerer bound.

• pky.creations_ESO
    pky.creations_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanx bro.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Thanx bro.
    you are welcome. my suggestion: start playing sorcerer and invest few points in real life hope/expectation. maybe Zenimax will listen and give us option to use green lightning or c raft one with spellcrafting.
    or
    pick up dragonknight, you will enjoy his animations, pretty devastating and devastating
  • Criselli
    Criselli
    DK has a chain pull (like Scorpion from MK), but they ALSO have a Fire Whip that you can pick up later that thrashes enemies pretty handily aoe style.
    -Criselli
    I have honestly thought about our dilemna. I have a solution that works out well for one of the both of us. - GlaDOS.
    Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 66.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 20.00%
  • Noth
    Noth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Criselli wrote: »
    DK has a chain pull (like Scorpion from MK), but they ALSO have a Fire Whip that you can pick up later that thrashes enemies pretty handily aoe style.

Fire whip and it's morphs are not AoE at all.