The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The ESO Bankers!!!

RunAway
RunAway
✭✭✭
Please shut them up. The banker in Daggerfall especially. Every single damn time she opens her mouth I want to kill her. "Do you know the old saying?" Please, shut the hell up. No one cares. No one wants to hear that EVERY DAMN TIME. And her voice is so annoying and arrogant! Bravo to the voice actor. And then you have that annoying Lady in the Grathwood bank who brutally, verbally, abuses the Khajiit. And their chat dialogue is near constant, with only a few seconds before their chat cycles again and again and AGAIN AND AGAIN! "My sister tells me they build houses out of mudcrabs" "They'd scitter away!" Please stop them before they cause me to LOBOTOMISE MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by RunAway on May 2, 2014 1:19AM
  • stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO
    ... Mute is your friend :) Everytime I enter the Velyn Harbor bank I turn the sound off cause that song someone's singing in there is getting to me... so yeah... Mute :)
    The statement "if you put enough monkeys behind enough typewriters... sooner or later one will produce the works of Shakespeare" has sadly been proven utterly wrong by the internet...
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Please stand on the customers' side of the counter."
    "If you insist on breaking the rules Im going to call the guards."
    Options
  • RunAway
    RunAway
    ✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    "Please stand on the customers' side of the counter."
    "If you insist on breaking the rules Im going to call the guards."

Omg yes. And there is always ONE PERSON, who repeatedly crosses just to annoy everyone!

Options
  • Auralia
    Auralia
    ✭✭✭
    They are going to implement NPC killing with the justice system. So then you can maybe kill the bankers. But then you shouldn't get in trouble for killing them a guard comes along and congratulates you as he can't stand the bankers either.
    Options
  • AlliN
    AlliN
    ✭✭✭
    "Neither borrower or a lender be" - this line made me quit Daggerfall Covenant.
    Options
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Haha yeah, I always put my speakers on mute when I go to the bank. It would be nice if they removed the voice clips and just show the text of what they say when you enter in dialogue with them.
    Options
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want that banker in Daggerfall dead. DEAD I tell you!
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Gwarok
    Gwarok
    ✭✭✭
    (off topic...but not)
    If you don't eat your meat, how can you have any pudding?

How can we have any pudding of we don't eat our meat?

...EVERY 3.7 seconds...

Banker NPC: IF you don't follow the rules.....

totally agree this npc needs to tone his authority down a little bit.
    Edited by Gwarok on May 2, 2014 1:36AM
    "Strive for balance of all things. When the scales tip to one side or the other, someone or somethings gets short-changed. When someone gets short-changed, unpredictability and strife unbalance the world around us...To achieve freedom from greed, from want, and from strife, all parties in any exchange MUST find balance." -House Hlaalu's Philosophy of Trade

"I am ALWAYS very busy, so I KNOW what's best. You need to stay away from the waterfall. TRUST ME, you're better off keeping busy than playing in the stream....Do you know how to swim, Little Scrib?"

"I am but a simple farmer". -Rags'nar LodesBroke

#SKOOMA!

(Juliet):
    ...it is nor hand, nor foot,
    Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
    Belonging to a man.
    O, be some other name!
    What's in a name?
    That which we call a rose?
    By any other name would smell as sweet.
    Retain that dear perfection to which he owes...
    (Act II, Scene II -William Shakespeare's: Romeo & Juliet -1595 A.D.)

Options
  • Scowler
    Scowler
    ✭✭
    I'll take the Daggerfall banker over anyone from Wallstreet..
    Options
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gwarok wrote: »
    totally agree this npc needs to tone his authority down a little bit.
    And then you'd get "Respect mah authoritay."

Seriously, though, he's a glorified storage box. He doesn't offer loans or give interest to players...
    Options
  • Writer
    Writer
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the other bankers so much. It's the one in Daggerfall that makes me want to break my keyboard and jam it in my ears so I don't have to hear her spiel about "borrowers and lenders".
    Cyras - Ebonheart Dragonknight - Sanguine's Tester
    Artist | Crafter | Heavy RPer | PvE | Writer
    There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed. - Ernest Hemingway
    Options
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Along with the "Veterans" popping in and out to loot boxes over and over, this is one of the strangest Banks to be in game.
    It's mayhem in there!
    Options
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the Daggerfall banker is the dev's way of encouraging you to progress onwards to a higher level region :)
    Options
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭
    According to the AUA earlier today, they plan to make it so opening the actual bank window will automatically cut off/mute any speech in progress. Whether this prevents the mass slaughter of bankers across Tamriel, remains to be seen.
    Options
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    The Shornhelm banker in Rivenspire isn't as bad as the one in Daggerfall. I bank over there from now on...but, still mute, if I'm going to be there long.
    Options
  • Skeksi
    Skeksi
    ✭✭
    I find the banter of two NPCs in the Blacksmith of Daggerfall worse... "Did you hear? Some stranger saved King Casamir's life!" ... "I'd like to buy that hero an ale!" ... over and over and over. Could you maybe give them a ten or fifteen minute break between dialogue?

It's not "immersive" if it makes people turn off their speakers.
    Options
  • Omniphonic
    Omniphonic
    ✭✭
    {caps warning} NIDRAS, A THIEF?!? AND TO THINK I TRUSTED HIM WITH OUR VALUABLES. HOW EMBARRASSING. {caps warning}
    Options
  • ZeBlade
    ZeBlade
    ✭✭
    HAHA.. man this gets to me to. Its the same same same same same same same talk over and over..
    Options
  • moxsapphire_ESO
    moxsapphire_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    While we're on the subject, can we PLEASE extend this fix to the blacksmith in Whiterun? I am tired of hearing about how DISGUSTING an interracial relationship between a dunmer and a nord is. Seriously, I feel like I'm in the middle of a Klan gathering, as it's multiple npcs all complaining non stop about this in the same area!!!
    Options
  • whatsername908
    whatsername908
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the cities doing inventory management so often, I've memorized the idle chatter in every faction.

"Do you know the old saying 'Neither a borrower, nor a lender be'? Rubbish. If there were no borrowers and lenders, no one would ever be able to buy or sell anything! But pardon me... welcome to the bank of Daggerfall."

"Did you hear? Some stranger saved King Cassimir's life!"
    "Really? Any idea where the stranger came from? I'd like to buy that hero an ale!"

"Auriel knows I'm here to serve. What can I help you with?"

"Five-fold venerations, my friend! You'd like to make a deposit, yes?"

"You are here to make a deposit, yes?"

"Customers aren't allowed back here!"

"Please stay on the customer's side of the counter."

"If you insist on breaking the rules, I'll have to call the guards!"

"I can assure with every confidenceour vaults will never be breached. And I should know, as a reformed robber of banks."

"Take it from me: Your goods are safe here. Especially safe from me; they don't let me handle anything! I have to pass it all to a trusted intermediary."

"Ugh, Mauloch's Jawbone! Needled myself again. You look nimble though. Need anything?"

"Your goods will be safe here. I swear on my mother's egg-tooth."

"No one keeps their forge as hot as Avani. You'd have to travel to the heart of Ash Mountain to find a fire this strong. You're welcome to work... if you think you can handle it."

The voices... I can still hear them all...
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Have something you need to keep safe? This is the place!" What an annoying line!

But so far in the Ebonheart pact area this is certainly the best place, it has everything i need confined to one small area. :)
    Edited by Maotti on May 2, 2014 5:13AM
    PC EU
    Options
  • harvester100b16_ESO
    I believe there is an addon that solves this exact issue try esoui website
    Options
  • harvester100b16_ESO
    yep found it for you a description is "This is a simple addon that basically ducks the Voice Over volume temporarily to zero when a few things happen

1. You interact with a banking NPC
    2. an NPC chats or yells, and you've heard it before

This addon was brought about by the insanity that the bank lady in Daggerfall causes." And the name of this addon ..you guessed it "Borrower And Lender" :) enjoy
    Options
  • Robbiejuve
    I'd like to buy all your heroes an Ale.
    Options
  • Ardeni
    Ardeni
    ✭✭
    "Five-fold venerations, my friend! Would you like to deposit, yes?"
    "Nidras, a thief? And to think I trusted him with our valuables! How embarrassing."

Two of the most annoying as I hear them dozens of times every day. Both spoken with whinny voices.
    Options
  • sh4d0wh4z3
    sh4d0wh4z3
    ✭✭✭✭
    *All at once*
    "Maybe I'll see you at the sober nord? HM?"
    "I prefer the Cold Moon Inn to the sober nord. Its....much more rustic"
    "I always love coming to the forge. Its always so toasty here...."
    "Did you see that dark elf noble over by the forge? He smiled at me!"
    "Have you seen how Idesa carries on with that dark elf noble? Its disgusting!"
    Options
  • Pahebe
    Pahebe
    Lol @sh4d0wh4z3‌, my feels exactly.
    Options
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Do not go behind the desk or i call the guards"

We like: go get em , go get em. ;)

But we still hope getting kicked out of the bank as soon crime system is in the game. Because those NPC speech loops really make no sense without any action.
    Edited by Bromburak on May 2, 2014 4:32AM
    Options
  • Shillen
    Shillen
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree with this. Also, if you're going to give bankers any additional dialogue options please make them the LAST option. I hate opening a banker and hitting 1 to get my bank and getting some stupid dialogue instead.
    Please LOL my comments. I'm an aspiring comedian.
    Options
  • Skirmish840
    Skirmish840
    ✭✭✭
    !!!!COMPLETELY AGREE!!!!!
    Options